Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do people get mad I join their fights?

1
AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 17, 2018
1
Heyo fellow wizards
I've been wondering, why do people get mad when I join their casual fights? It's not like they die or anything. Just joining in because i also need to kill fire elves or something. and people get so mad sometimes... I don't get it? Had it been a boss or something I guess it would be annoying, but this i just don't understand... it's an online game :s

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1472
MonaMuu on Mar 26, 2018 wrote:
Heyo fellow wizards
I've been wondering, why do people get mad when I join their casual fights? It's not like they die or anything. Just joining in because i also need to kill fire elves or something. and people get so mad sometimes... I don't get it? Had it been a boss or something I guess it would be annoying, but this i just don't understand... it's an online game :s
Many people have talked about this. I'm not trying to deflect just trying to help because people on both sides of this debate chimed in each time. But you might do an internet search on that question + Wizard 101 or something.

But to answer your question, it's always considered better manners to ask first.

The person might only have enough time or energy to fight what they are fighting.
They might have been pulled and are already grumpy they had to fight that enemy at all.

Not everyone who runs in and pulls in mobs pulls in the enemy the other person needed.
Not everyone who runs in and pulls in mobs helps to fight.

Some people do troll by running in and then fleeing.
Some people troll by waiting until the person's almost dead then adding more monsters.

Sometimes a new player already feels overwhelmed and they didn't want to add more to their to-do list.

Sometimes a new player has been trolled (see above) so someone suddenly popping in makes them nervous.

Sometimes a player could be depressed or anxious an not feel up to being social. Now suddenly there is literally a person in their circle they did not expect.

Sometimes people are in their own world in the game and then suddenly more monsters appear and they don't know why and a stranger appears along with those.
(The last 2 = not everyone is social nor wants to be.)

I've hung out in Perfect Realms and had this happen.

I've assumed the person who just finished that same daily won't want to do it again so I go ahead and fight not next to but within eyesight of them and they ran in anyway -- WHEN the fight was nearly over with -- and added more monsters.
I resented it because I hated fighting that monster to begin with. I resented it because the person had 5 minutes to ask and didn't say one word. I resented it because I knew they were just goofing. I resented it because they DOUBLED the time I had to spend in battle.
Not only that but they wouldn't say Hi, or anything. So I fled, then they harassed me for 5 minutes

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1472
MonaMuu on Mar 26, 2018 wrote:
Heyo fellow wizards
I've been wondering, why do people get mad when I join their casual fights? It's not like they die or anything. Just joining in because i also need to kill fire elves or something. and people get so mad sometimes... I don't get it? Had it been a boss or something I guess it would be annoying, but this i just don't understand... it's an online game :s
"It's an online game," but it doesn't mean everyone plays alike nor wants to play alike.

Not talking to or not asking the other person before doubling their battle time, even on a street battle, is treating the other person like an NPC so "i'ts an online game" should work both ways. If they're a real person...treat they like one...a person probably wouldn't share a seat or a table in public with a stranger without saying hi first or asking to sit. It is the same thing, to some people, with gaming.
Sometimes I was just rushing through or got pulled and was running late to something in real life and someone ran in for no reason (entire street was open to choose from), and doubled my battle time or even tripled it.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
1895
It's good manners to ask before joining a battle in progress.

If the person is doing well, simply ask, "May I join?" Most people will say yes; a few will say no. Respect that when it happens.

If the person seems to be struggling, you can ask, "Would you like some help?" Again, many will say yes and welcome you, but a few will say no, they're fine.

If you were walking by and got pulled, it's polite to apologize for intruding. (Yes, it can be an inconvenience that extends time for the battle and might even put the original wizard at risk if you bumble in when their health is low.) But just a simple, "Sorry, I got pulled in" will set them at ease.

Once you're in the battle, no matter how you got there, be helpful. Don't use up their traps and feints. Heal them or shield them if you can. Kill the enemy you brought in, or donate blades to the original wizard so they can hit harder and earlier.

As a previous poster said, there are some rotten folks who troll by joining a battle long enough to bring in an enemy, then they flee; or they just stand there literally doing nothing while forcing someone else to battle three enemies for them. Or worse, they're way under-leveled and end up half dead in just a turn or two, then start begging for us to heal them! (Yes, all of that has happened to me.) People like that are the reason why the rest of us don't appreciate having someone suddenly turn up in our battle ring. They've broken our trust of strangers.

So it's up to you to prove yourself an ally before you join and the simplest way you can do that is to just speak up before joining (or apologize if you got pulled in). Then, carry your weight in the battle. Asking first really makes a difference.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
1039
Well said Sparkle.

Well said.

Steven Ghoststalker
92

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
164
Its always polite to ask first. Most people don't mind as long as you do this. Just keep that in mind. But as for reasons, you don't know where in a fight a person is. . Another person has no idea at what point another person is in the fight. I've had plenty of instances where I had just clicked to take out the mobs when someone joins in and drags in a third. When I go into what you call a casual fight like you describe, I am going in with a minimal deck, which means I often have to reshuffle at that point. The fight then takes longer too. And while some people are not in a rush, being a turn based game means things take longer or get tedious, and some people have limited playing time.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
1061
MonaMuu on Mar 26, 2018 wrote:
Heyo fellow wizards
I've been wondering, why do people get mad when I join their casual fights? It's not like they die or anything. Just joining in because i also need to kill fire elves or something. and people get so mad sometimes... I don't get it? Had it been a boss or something I guess it would be annoying, but this i just don't understand... it's an online game :s
Mainly, as Sparkletude said - it's rude to just run in without asking. And another important reason why some get annoyed is the fact that they just picked an AOE attack that was going to end the battle and someone runs up and adds yet another enemy who will be still there after the attack goes through.
Plus, I'm not there to further your hunt for enemies!

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
586
MonaMuu on Mar 26, 2018 wrote:
Heyo fellow wizards
I've been wondering, why do people get mad when I join their casual fights? It's not like they die or anything. Just joining in because i also need to kill fire elves or something. and people get so mad sometimes... I don't get it? Had it been a boss or something I guess it would be annoying, but this i just don't understand... it's an online game :s
This is how I've always viewed and how I've seen others view joining other's fights. Don't join after the final hit and it's okay to join right at the beginning of the battle. I'd ask if you're afraid the person might have hit that round or had hit and still has cards. The only time I get really annoyed when people join is after I have hit or the same round. Otherwise it should be fine because after all this game is an mmo.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
2280
SparkleTude on Mar 27, 2018 wrote:
Many people have talked about this. I'm not trying to deflect just trying to help because people on both sides of this debate chimed in each time. But you might do an internet search on that question + Wizard 101 or something.

But to answer your question, it's always considered better manners to ask first.

The person might only have enough time or energy to fight what they are fighting.
They might have been pulled and are already grumpy they had to fight that enemy at all.

Not everyone who runs in and pulls in mobs pulls in the enemy the other person needed.
Not everyone who runs in and pulls in mobs helps to fight.

Some people do troll by running in and then fleeing.
Some people troll by waiting until the person's almost dead then adding more monsters.

Sometimes a new player already feels overwhelmed and they didn't want to add more to their to-do list.

Sometimes a new player has been trolled (see above) so someone suddenly popping in makes them nervous.

Sometimes a player could be depressed or anxious an not feel up to being social. Now suddenly there is literally a person in their circle they did not expect.

Sometimes people are in their own world in the game and then suddenly more monsters appear and they don't know why and a stranger appears along with those.
(The last 2 = not everyone is social nor wants to be.)

I've hung out in Perfect Realms and had this happen.

I've assumed the person who just finished that same daily won't want to do it again so I go ahead and fight not next to but within eyesight of them and they ran in anyway -- WHEN the fight was nearly over with -- and added more monsters.
I resented it because I hated fighting that monster to begin with. I resented it because the person had 5 minutes to ask and didn't say one word. I resented it because I knew they were just goofing. I resented it because they DOUBLED the time I had to spend in battle.
Not only that but they wouldn't say Hi, or anything. So I fled, then they harassed me for 5 minutes
This is well said!

I can't possibly think of any other reasons to add to this.


Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
2280
Also, just to note.

Not everyone will mind when you join in on their battles, I've however noticed an increased number of persons asking before barging in (Mostly from adults - this demographic seems to be the nicest and kindest of all the groups I've encountered) See why you guys are needed?

That said though, it's common courtesy to ask. Just imagine if someone barged in on one of your battles and you're suffering from one of the reasons so eloquently enlisted above.

Hence, you can avoid the anger by:

  • Asking
  • Battling Alone



Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1472
Thanks all!

And yes! How many times has it happened that someone runs in just as the attack all enemy spell is going out...and how often had I saved up and planned for that delicious moment, only to think why isn't the battle ending? Then it dawns on me...someone has just added...more!

Upon which I mimic Munch's "scream" silently in my mind.
It's also a very good thing, if you got pulled in accidentally, to immediately explain so, as Freshta said. I had that happen recently and it was the second time I'd been pulled myself only to have someone else join me mid battle. I decided to be casual about it, and then they felt comfortable enough to explain they too were pulled in. It hadn't appeared so, so I was glad they said it.

That moment, though, when it should be the pinnacle and then all done, and you're already looking forward to that chocolate chip cookie in real life or going out the door or watching a Tv show and then...howdy! Round 2 of the battle you didn't want to play to begin with

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1472
Thought of one more reason.
Sometimes you just want the sense of pride that can only be obtained by doing it yourself.

If someone you hadn't even seen assumes you 'need help' it can be deflating but also it can remove that sense of pride of having achieved that battle on your own.

Delver
Nov 16, 2017
220
Just using Krok as an example....if you go around and collect quests like I do so that if you defeat 4 hall servants you've completed 2 or 3 quests at once, then you have plenty to do. The place is huge. I'm not fighting the only 2 hall servants in the place. Choose two others, or go take care of another quest. I personally love the game but I don't like crowds. I choose to stay in an obscure realm so I won't be bothered with all the mayhem. I've had some people follow me and harass me if I say no to a friend request. I'm a loner. What can I say. This game means different things to different people. Be respectful.

Sydney Skyblood lvl 65 Fire

Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
21
I am someone who does not mind it when someone else joins my battle. While it can be annoying at times to have a longer battle, generally I don't mind. The only times I really start to get annoyed is when I have to start accounting for their plays as well as mine because they keep using my traps.

With that being said I do understand why people wouldn't want random players to join. Yes this is an online game, but it is important to respect others who are playing in the same world as you. I've been playing this game since 2009 and when I was younger I almost never asked. Now that I am older, I feel like it is important to ask and is generally polite. I also feel like asking can lead to ending up making friends and potentially question together (if that's what you want).

Though I think it's polite to ask first, I also think it's important to not get too upset if someone joins in and are perhaps new to the game or just don't think about it. Unless they are purposefully intending to troll, and are not polite then I don't see it necessary to get overly upset to the point of harassing other players. So if someone does join in your battle and stays there (not trolling), try to keep in mind they may be a younger player.

And if you do try to explain to them about asking first, I think it's best to use manners. As far as I am concerned, I don't think it's really needed to harass anyone.

Just some food for thought.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2101
MonaMuu on Mar 26, 2018 wrote:
Heyo fellow wizards
I've been wondering, why do people get mad when I join their casual fights? It's not like they die or anything. Just joining in because i also need to kill fire elves or something. and people get so mad sometimes... I don't get it? Had it been a boss or something I guess it would be annoying, but this i just don't understand... it's an online game :s
The short answer is that some people are grumpy haha!

I agree that asking first is a good way to avoid conflict but in all fairness if someone wants the battle ring to themselves they should avoid busy realms. Mobs are in the street and anyone can jump on in, they can also get unintentionally pulled too. If someone is so easily irritated by someone joining that they can't help but be unkind to them then they should be taking responsibility for their own game play by actively avoiding other players!

I always ask first, but I genuinely don't mind if someone just jumps in to my battle. I have a small deck with just enough to kill, but I take responsibility for my own frustration if someone jumps in after the hit is selected by carrying a reshuffle in tc. If they don't kill by the time I've reshuffled and set up then I can, so it's all good

If I want to be alone I go to a quiet realm and change to a different quiet realm if I see people in the immediate area. I still carry the emergency reshuffle just in case though

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
1113
I don't mind if people join my battles because I know I Share Wizard101 with a lot of players and the game is meant for soloing and team questing. however it's always polite to ask before joining someone's battle even porting to you. Accidentally being pulled in does happen but apologizing is also polite to tell the other player it was not your intention to join. It's rude and I get mad when someone joins my battle and does nothing or flees bringing me another minion to fight.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2015
24
After about Wintertusk I was always overjoyed when someone would join a battle I'm in. It just always seems more fun with someone else.
Only time I've ever been annoyed about someone else joining is when I accidentally got pulled into the fight to begin with.

But that's just my take on it, and everyone has their own gameplay preferences, if someone doesn't want you to join their battle you never know until you ask!

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1472
Eathe on Mar 29, 2018 wrote:
I am someone who does not mind it when someone else joins my battle. While it can be annoying at times to have a longer battle, generally I don't mind. The only times I really start to get annoyed is when I have to start accounting for their plays as well as mine because they keep using my traps.

With that being said I do understand why people wouldn't want random players to join. Yes this is an online game, but it is important to respect others who are playing in the same world as you. I've been playing this game since 2009 and when I was younger I almost never asked. Now that I am older, I feel like it is important to ask and is generally polite. I also feel like asking can lead to ending up making friends and potentially question together (if that's what you want).

Though I think it's polite to ask first, I also think it's important to not get too upset if someone joins in and are perhaps new to the game or just don't think about it. Unless they are purposefully intending to troll, and are not polite then I don't see it necessary to get overly upset to the point of harassing other players. So if someone does join in your battle and stays there (not trolling), try to keep in mind they may be a younger player.

And if you do try to explain to them about asking first, I think it's best to use manners. As far as I am concerned, I don't think it's really needed to harass anyone.

Just some food for thought.
Of course, harassing anyone is always unnecessary and 'wrong' -- but keep in mind that often the one who 'crashed' the battle circle is the one who does the harassing, for whatever reason.

I always try to be polite or at least say nothing if someone crashes even though in real life I feel highly annoyed. I realize, as you said, that many just do not think about it (highly social types tend to believe everyone else feels the same and is glad for the company), and so I try not to just jump on anyone about it.

However, what usually happens is: I say hi, they say nothing. Or I say hi or nothing, and the other person starts to insult me, my gear, my game play etc., when I never asked for their company or their opinion to start with; and btw, the people who insult my gear -- often their gear is 'worse' than mine. And mine is, as far as I know, pretty much the best that can be had, outside of something like Jade Immune or something (which I've yet to see on anyone.) The person doing this is usually in mismatched bog standard gear, which makes me think, they just want to upset someone. The time in particular I'm thinking of, it was in a desert world and absolutely no one was around. This person appeared 'from out of nowhere' and they did this to me 2-3 times within a week or two. I finally deleted everybody because I felt that they must be on a sock puppet. Either that or they were psychic. They seemed to know where I was.

So this is just to say: to be fair, the person who harasses is not always or only the one who was 'crashed on' but often the one who did the crashing. They might get angry that the person wasn't thrilled or didn't friend them, but again that's a symptom of an outlook that believes 'everyone thinks like me.' To their mind it's rude that the person didn't 'thank' them, or friend them, or who knows. Maybe the person was trolling, and when crashing didn't upset the other player, they decided to insult, follow or harass them, instead. (Or all three.)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2101
SparkleTude on Mar 29, 2018 wrote:
Of course, harassing anyone is always unnecessary and 'wrong' -- but keep in mind that often the one who 'crashed' the battle circle is the one who does the harassing, for whatever reason.

I always try to be polite or at least say nothing if someone crashes even though in real life I feel highly annoyed. I realize, as you said, that many just do not think about it (highly social types tend to believe everyone else feels the same and is glad for the company), and so I try not to just jump on anyone about it.

However, what usually happens is: I say hi, they say nothing. Or I say hi or nothing, and the other person starts to insult me, my gear, my game play etc., when I never asked for their company or their opinion to start with; and btw, the people who insult my gear -- often their gear is 'worse' than mine. And mine is, as far as I know, pretty much the best that can be had, outside of something like Jade Immune or something (which I've yet to see on anyone.) The person doing this is usually in mismatched bog standard gear, which makes me think, they just want to upset someone. The time in particular I'm thinking of, it was in a desert world and absolutely no one was around. This person appeared 'from out of nowhere' and they did this to me 2-3 times within a week or two. I finally deleted everybody because I felt that they must be on a sock puppet. Either that or they were psychic. They seemed to know where I was.

So this is just to say: to be fair, the person who harasses is not always or only the one who was 'crashed on' but often the one who did the crashing. They might get angry that the person wasn't thrilled or didn't friend them, but again that's a symptom of an outlook that believes 'everyone thinks like me.' To their mind it's rude that the person didn't 'thank' them, or friend them, or who knows. Maybe the person was trolling, and when crashing didn't upset the other player, they decided to insult, follow or harass them, instead. (Or all three.)
I agree that some people see joining the battle ring as an opportunity to troll/harass the wizard already in battle, but the OP isn't doing that. Perhaps people are assuming he is there to annoy them, but it would be unfair of us to assume that in-game, when the reality is that he's just joining a street battle that's open to anyone.

Asking before joining or saying oops if we get pulled is certainly a way of letting people know our intentions and reassuring them we're a fellow wizard and not a troll in wizard clothing

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
1061
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 29, 2018 wrote:
The short answer is that some people are grumpy haha!

I agree that asking first is a good way to avoid conflict but in all fairness if someone wants the battle ring to themselves they should avoid busy realms. Mobs are in the street and anyone can jump on in, they can also get unintentionally pulled too. If someone is so easily irritated by someone joining that they can't help but be unkind to them then they should be taking responsibility for their own game play by actively avoiding other players!

I always ask first, but I genuinely don't mind if someone just jumps in to my battle. I have a small deck with just enough to kill, but I take responsibility for my own frustration if someone jumps in after the hit is selected by carrying a reshuffle in tc. If they don't kill by the time I've reshuffled and set up then I can, so it's all good

If I want to be alone I go to a quiet realm and change to a different quiet realm if I see people in the immediate area. I still carry the emergency reshuffle just in case though
"Take responsibility for your game play". Excuse me when I point out that I'm playing on "perfect" realms, trying to avoid other players and someone still runs into my battle when there are other mobs roaming around. This happens in the higher worlds as well and those battles aren't so easy, adding another enemy when I've already done 5-6 rounds setting up a hit and I'm at half health or less and you say I have to take responsibility for my game play!?

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
1039
anecorbie on Mar 30, 2018 wrote:
"Take responsibility for your game play". Excuse me when I point out that I'm playing on "perfect" realms, trying to avoid other players and someone still runs into my battle when there are other mobs roaming around. This happens in the higher worlds as well and those battles aren't so easy, adding another enemy when I've already done 5-6 rounds setting up a hit and I'm at half health or less and you say I have to take responsibility for my game play!?
I do understand you're frustration. This happens to me far more frequently than I would like.

However two things to consider.

A kind answer always turns away wrath. Civility is and always should be the first thing a TRUE Wizard employs as it differentiates us from the Trolls that have invaded our realm.

I normally solo. I'm very introverted and do not like dealing with others (even in an MMORPG). I am afraid of misusing traps and blades set by another. I am afraid of inadvertently offending someone. All that said, I do quest with my kids. It is easier for two wizards to take on three mob than it is for one wizard to take on two. There are genuine Do-gooders who see a wizard in battle and rush head long into the fight to help. The unfortunate thing is they are outnumbered by the Trolls.

So yes, my friend we MUST take responsibility for our game and be civil to the fight crasher and not immediately assume this interloper is a Troll. If said interloper is indeed a Troll than by all means verbally assault them to the best of the open chat ability.

Just make sure you're not trashing a Do-Gooder who was genuinely trying to help.

Steven Ghoststalker
92

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
586
Not everyone has the ability to solo this game the mobs that come with it. If a person is running into your battle, they might actually need help. Also, you guys should not get so worked up about it as it isn't the worst possible thing that can happen to you in the game. Mob battles are pretty simple and having to restart during these such fights are not so terrible, rather fighting a boss and having to restart because of a person would actually be pretty annoying. Luckily you can choose who enters a boss battle with you. I don't know how else to explain to people who get angry when people join their mob battles, it really isn't a big deal.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
2101
Area51Alien on Mar 30, 2018 wrote:
I do understand you're frustration. This happens to me far more frequently than I would like.

However two things to consider.

A kind answer always turns away wrath. Civility is and always should be the first thing a TRUE Wizard employs as it differentiates us from the Trolls that have invaded our realm.

I normally solo. I'm very introverted and do not like dealing with others (even in an MMORPG). I am afraid of misusing traps and blades set by another. I am afraid of inadvertently offending someone. All that said, I do quest with my kids. It is easier for two wizards to take on three mob than it is for one wizard to take on two. There are genuine Do-gooders who see a wizard in battle and rush head long into the fight to help. The unfortunate thing is they are outnumbered by the Trolls.

So yes, my friend we MUST take responsibility for our game and be civil to the fight crasher and not immediately assume this interloper is a Troll. If said interloper is indeed a Troll than by all means verbally assault them to the best of the open chat ability.

Just make sure you're not trashing a Do-Gooder who was genuinely trying to help.

Steven Ghoststalker
92
I like your post except for this bit: "If said interloper is indeed a Troll than by all means verbally assault them to the best of the open chat ability."

I don't think we need to 'verbally assault' anyone, even if it is within the chat ability. If they are a troll they want to irritate you and are trying to push you into breaking the ToU so they can report you. Why give them the satisfaction of knowing they irritated you or potentially give them the opportunity to report you? Just put them on ignore and either finish the battle and change realms or flee the battle, change realms and start the fight over. It's much easier to let go of and forget an unpleasant interaction if we didn't participate in it

PS. Sorry you get worried about using other wizard's set up. I always held the view that 'my' traps become the monster's traps the moment I give them to it! As long as the enemy end up defeated and we all get drops it's all good imo

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1472
frostednutella on Mar 30, 2018 wrote:
Not everyone has the ability to solo this game the mobs that come with it. If a person is running into your battle, they might actually need help. Also, you guys should not get so worked up about it as it isn't the worst possible thing that can happen to you in the game. Mob battles are pretty simple and having to restart during these such fights are not so terrible, rather fighting a boss and having to restart because of a person would actually be pretty annoying. Luckily you can choose who enters a boss battle with you. I don't know how else to explain to people who get angry when people join their mob battles, it really isn't a big deal.
No one has said they were "getting so worked up about it," just because we vented here does not mean we lash out at people during the game. Victoria assumed so and now that's spreading around the topic.

Mob battles are simple? Not always! Try having someone add a mob in some of the higher level worlds!

Also sometimes a boss IS in the street. They can pull them in as well.

It isn't a "big deal" to you or Victoria but I think you both might have some trouble (going by what you've both said i.e. basically "what's the big deal") understanding that doesn't mean it's fine with everybody else.

If a person needs help they can ask for it. There are many ways to do that.
Not wanting someone to crash a battle does not mean the person isn't into helping others. I would wager most of us have helped others many ways and many times.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
1061
Area51Alien on Mar 30, 2018 wrote:
I do understand you're frustration. This happens to me far more frequently than I would like.

However two things to consider.

A kind answer always turns away wrath. Civility is and always should be the first thing a TRUE Wizard employs as it differentiates us from the Trolls that have invaded our realm.

I normally solo. I'm very introverted and do not like dealing with others (even in an MMORPG). I am afraid of misusing traps and blades set by another. I am afraid of inadvertently offending someone. All that said, I do quest with my kids. It is easier for two wizards to take on three mob than it is for one wizard to take on two. There are genuine Do-gooders who see a wizard in battle and rush head long into the fight to help. The unfortunate thing is they are outnumbered by the Trolls.

So yes, my friend we MUST take responsibility for our game and be civil to the fight crasher and not immediately assume this interloper is a Troll. If said interloper is indeed a Troll than by all means verbally assault them to the best of the open chat ability.

Just make sure you're not trashing a Do-Gooder who was genuinely trying to help.

Steven Ghoststalker
92
I'm not rude to the people entering my battle. I wait to see if they say something. "Hi" will get me to start talking; "Sorry" will immediately earn my forgiveness. If they say nothing, I say nothing and when the battle's over, if they're still hanging around, I move to a different realm.
I've been trolled and used too many times to welcome joiners with open arms. A Do-Gooder almost always asks before joining.
If the mob is difficult to find ( Fire Cat Alley Daily Assignments ) then I invite players to join my battle and hold off attacking so they can gain the credit.

1