Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

why did you join?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 19, 2008
i looked all over and i think no one else posted this soooo.
Why did you join wizard 101?

i did because it looked like a fun a orignal game that i would enjoy each time i got on.

jasonfariyblossom GMpyro

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/25/18668.ftl
If the above link works that thread is very similar to yours. It is called, "Why do U play wizard101?"

Since the questions are so similar I am just going to cut and paste my answer from that question. Yes, that may be lazy on my part but it doesn't make my answer any less true. :D

Why? Because after over 2 years of playing Maplestory (3 characters all 4th job) I would rather bang my head on the desk than play one more minute of it.

Why? Wizard 101 is well made. The story lines are thought out. The character builds are generally very balanced. The game is visually beautiful. Also, I love the fact that the game is quest/story driven rather than grind driven. Killing endless hoards of monsters for no apparent reason just isn't as appealing as it once was.

Why? I belong to a gaming family. My mom (62) and I (33) live 4 hours apart. She is my best bud. We game together as a way to "bond". Sometimes even my husband (32) joins in on the fun. Currently he and I are working on finishing the game as a pair of Fire wizards. Level 48 now! Yes, we are adults and play a "kids" game. The adult games aren't much fun as they take themselves WAY too seriously. LOL.

Ellie Sky Grandmaster Life
Ellie Sky Grandmaster Storm
Ellie Sky lvl 48 Fire
Mom: Scarlet Fairysong lvl 46 or 47 Balance
Husband: Logan Sky lvl 48 Fire

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
jjkl wrote:
i looked all over and i think no one else posted this soooo.
Why did you join wizard 101?

i did because it looked like a fun a orignal game that i would enjoy each time i got on.

jasonfariyblossom GMpyro

You did not look hard enough. lol
https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/18668.ftl

Mastermind
Apr 24, 2010
Survivor
May 09, 2009
Wizard101 is my first MMO and then I added my daughter, grandkids and now my brother who are all long distance. But, recently I've noticed a meaner, uglier breed of wizard. They say things that should never be said and use words that I thought were not allowed on wizardsd. I may have to cancel my family subscription. I was just beyond insulted in the game, but the problem is if I report, I end up the bad guy. KI, you need to get a better handle on what is being said and when you catch certain dirty phrases, that person/wizard should be band, permanently. If this happened to my daugher or granddaughter, I would have cancelled immediately.

Diggir wrote:
Wizard101 is my first MMO and then I added my daughter, grandkids and now my brother who are all long distance. But, recently I've noticed a meaner, uglier breed of wizard. They say things that should never be said and use words that I thought were not allowed on wizardsd. I may have to cancel my family subscription. I was just beyond insulted in the game, but the problem is if I report, I end up the bad guy. KI, you need to get a better handle on what is being said and when you catch certain dirty phrases, that person/wizard should be band, permanently. If this happened to my daugher or granddaughter, I would have cancelled immediately.

You opted into the 18+ Open Chat, young Wizard. What you see is not what your family sees unless you also enabled the 18+ chat on their accounts.

18+ Open Chat allows players a more open communication environment with other 18+ players.

This chat will be filtered for profanity. In this channel, when players type their text they will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means only 18+ can see it, and red is completely filtered.

This chat feature is in response to our community's requests. To ensure the highest level of safety, we have chosen to provide this for our active Subscriber community only.

Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

Accounts must be verified as 18+ through a valid credit card on file with Wizard101.

If you do not wish to see this level of chat, you can disable it on your account under the My Accounts section.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Delver
Aug 14, 2009
ProspectorZeke wrote:
Diggir wrote:

You opted into the 18+ Open Chat, young Wizard. What you see is not what your family sees unless you also enabled the 18+ chat on their accounts.

18+ Open Chat allows players a more open communication environment with other 18+ players.

This chat will be filtered for profanity. In this channel, when players type their text they will see 3 colors in the chat window: white means 13+ can see it, yellow means only 18+ can see it, and red is completely filtered.

This chat feature is in response to our community's requests. To ensure the highest level of safety, we have chosen to provide this for our active Subscriber community only.

Please note that this option is off by default, and you must actively select this option under Account Management.

Our terms for in-game communication with other players will remain the same. Violent and abusive behavior, as well as the exchange of personal information is still not acceptable.

Accounts must be verified as 18+ through a valid credit card on file with Wizard101.

If you do not wish to see this level of chat, you can disable it on your account under the My Accounts section.
prospector zeke plz answer this question. is there any other way to get open chat without a credit card because I really want open chat. I proved to my parents how safe I am on the internet on runescape which is the same as open chat for 13+. But my parents wont let me use their credit card so I have to use gift cards.