Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why cant we say "well" anymore?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Why cant we say well anymore in regular chat? Sure is sounds like another word, however, we can no longer tell people to meet us at in the Well of Spirits, or i have a quest to get water from the well in krok, ect.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Oh oops. You beat me to it. I just posted a thread like this...

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
AlexE04 wrote:
Why cant we say well anymore in regular chat? Sure is sounds like another word, however, we can no longer tell people to meet us at in the Well of Spirits, or i have a quest to get water from the well in krok, ect.

Yeah, it's ridiculous that they removed "well" from the chat dictionary. Completely unnecessary thing to do. They should put it back. "Well" is an important word in everyday speech as well as in quests and locations in the game. Oh, see that? I just used the word well! Why did they remove it? Why did they remove "well" but not smell, tell, yell, fell, bell, etc.? It's a very important word and I am upset that it is removed.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Defender
May 11, 2009
Ya that really bugs me, i was trying to talk to my friend, like in pvp he said, "we're dead", and i said (or tried to) "well maybe not." Why did they remove it? Did they feel it was unnecessary, or is some sore of bug? And also, i realized you can't say "Wintertusk", in the game. Instead when i am trying to talk about it i have to say "new world".
Hey Professor Greyrose, can you give us an explanation, plz!

Administrator
Well well, isn't that a surprise!?

We've confirmed this was a simple filter error, and we will fix it in the next update.

Thank you, everyone who alerted us!

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 11, 2009
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

yeah, i just realized it yesterday and i was like "Oh well" LOL kathryn and i had a field day just saying "well" with out open chat feature.

I thought that it was odd because i use 'well' ALL the time.

Anyways thanks for clearing up the mix-up professor greyrose.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
Professor Greyrose wrote:

We've confirmed this was a simple filter error, and we will fix it in the next update.

wintertusk update?

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2009
Survivor
May 09, 2009
I just got on today and I tried to type in well because to my friend I have a catch phrase which is: Well, what are you doing dude! And now I can't say that.

Yes, we know - please read more than just the first post - Professor Greyrose already addressed this.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Feb 06, 2011
Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Anybody else realize Prof Greyrose has a sense of humor? "Well well, what a surprise!" she says, while we're complaining about the use of the word "well". Just an observation. I like teachers with a sense of humor!

Defender
Dec 08, 2010
Professor Greyrose wrote:

phew i was getting worrried KI purposly did this for no particular reason. ( but that would ne strange eh?)