Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why can't Ranked PVP be for everyone?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
Dear Kingsisle and Wizards,
I was thinking that Non-members should at least have something that is fun to do like pvp or pet races. It's not fun not participating in something that you love. If you want more people to play this game and a better rating on the game I would encourage putting Ranked pvp and ranked pet racing in the Test Realm because it would at least catch the eye of some wizards and maybe they have good pvp gear or a good pet to go into ranked pvp or ranked pet races. If they don't get this opportunity to do this stuff you will probably loose more wizards by the hundreds. I used to not play this game for a year or two because i was a Non-member and there was nothing to do in my opinion. I'm pretty sure that you would get member wizards and non-member wizards to get a membership or get crowns for gear and pets, so at least take this into consideration.
Sincerely,
Dakota JadeThief
Level 64
Fire

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
dakota jadethief on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:
Dear Kingsisle and Wizards,
I was thinking that Non-members should at least have something that is fun to do like pvp or pet races. It's not fun not participating in something that you love. If you want more people to play this game and a better rating on the game I would encourage putting Ranked pvp and ranked pet racing in the Test Realm because it would at least catch the eye of some wizards and maybe they have good pvp gear or a good pet to go into ranked pvp or ranked pet races. If they don't get this opportunity to do this stuff you will probably loose more wizards by the hundreds. I used to not play this game for a year or two because i was a Non-member and there was nothing to do in my opinion. I'm pretty sure that you would get member wizards and non-member wizards to get a membership or get crowns for gear and pets, so at least take this into consideration.
Sincerely,
Dakota JadeThief
Level 64
Fire
test realm is only available to members (or people who bought crowns in the past 30 days).

non-members can already do these for crowns.

that aside, the biggest turn-off would be that nothing from test carries over to live realm anyway. so what would be the point?

-von

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
unfortunately, if every thing was free in game play, KI would be out of business in no time.

Do Practice PVP if you want to have some battles without a membership? many people do practice while waiting to renew their subs or to check it out if new to the Arena; you can see some gear/pet options on players there that have done Ranked before. You can check out the pvp experience (to a degree) in Practice, so that option is already available to you.

You have to be a Member to do Test Realm , so why this request if you can't access it anyways?

(ranked pvp and pet derby are already available in test realms, just fyi)

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013
I'm not asking for everything to be free but at least Ranked pvp and ranked pets races should be free because i feel like the cost for them is super expensive! When you lose your membership you will feel like this is a boring game and leave and then maybe get another membership, so im just trying to get more wizards to play this game and a higher rating

Sincerely,
Dakota Jadethief

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I don't think 10 bucks (7 bucks when on sale) for a month of unlimited play to try things out is expensive?
KI offers that one month option to let new players try things out without the commitment of a year membership; I think they are being generous enough (imho).