Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are there still no...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
Santa hats for girls? I was looking forward to getting one this year hoping that KI had listened to us. But no such luck. I really dont want to wear that bonnett. I would really like to have one like the guys without the fake beard. Is there anyone else who agrees with me? I know that last year this was a topic. I would have commented on it but it is locked. So I am making a new one. Come on girls if you want one too. Let KI know that just because we are girl does not mean that we want to wear a bonnett!

P.S Sorry if there are mispellings.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1309
I would like a santa hat or an elf hat for my girl wizards.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 80 Life

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
935
Felix is back right now in the shopping district. Cross your fingers maybe he will have some this year for us.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
The red coat is fantastic. The bonnet is very well done but just seems.... well I didn't buy it.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2777
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 4, 2012 wrote:
Felix is back right now in the shopping district. Cross your fingers maybe he will have some this year for us.
Sorry. No. Felix has bonnets again.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
I am glad that i'm not the only one to feel this way. I hope KI will make us a santa hat also I liked the idea of an elf hat too that would be so cute maybe with a bell on it.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2010
7
I don't know if this is possible or not, but couldn't you make a temporary boy wizard, buy the hat from Felix, and then put into your shared bank so that your girl can wear it?

Of course like I said before, I don't know if you can do that. It was just an idea.

Sincerely,
Destiny NightGem - Lvl 25 Thaumaturge.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2777
Alisyn 11 on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
I don't know if this is possible or not, but couldn't you make a temporary boy wizard, buy the hat from Felix, and then put into your shared bank so that your girl can wear it?

Of course like I said before, I don't know if you can do that. It was just an idea.

Sincerely,
Destiny NightGem - Lvl 25 Thaumaturge.
I have both boy and girl wizards on one of my accounts. So I just went and tried this. And guess what !

When my girl wizard went to the Shared Bank to get the Santa hat, it turned into a Christmas Bonnet, instead of the boy's hat that I put in there.

And anyway, even if it didn't switch to a girl's bonnet, the boy's Santa hat has a beard attached to it !

Why can't we just have a generic Santa hat or elf hat -- no gender attached, no beards, no bonnets .

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
288
The same hat will look like a bonnet on girls and a santa hat on boys. You could buy it on a boy character and put it in your shared bank and your girl character could put it on, but it would just look like a bonnet.

Or at least I am assuming that is how it works, because that is how it worked with the Halloween clothes.

Explorer
Aug 19, 2010
53
I would really like to see a Santa hat for girls, I think it would be really funny if Felix sold beards for girls to lol

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
AluraMist2 on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
I have both boy and girl wizards on one of my accounts. So I just went and tried this. And guess what !

When my girl wizard went to the Shared Bank to get the Santa hat, it turned into a Christmas Bonnet, instead of the boy's hat that I put in there.

And anyway, even if it didn't switch to a girl's bonnet, the boy's Santa hat has a beard attached to it !

Why can't we just have a generic Santa hat or elf hat -- no gender attached, no beards, no bonnets .
Well glad that you tried that. Really glad that i didnt waste crowns lol. It's real money and that would have been no fun to waste real money. But I wonder though. Is KI listening to us at all? We haven't gotten a response from them yet so it makes me wonder if they really do listen to us.

Anyway someone said something about an elf hat before I think that would be a great idea.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2777
norr4687 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
Well glad that you tried that. Really glad that i didnt waste crowns lol. It's real money and that would have been no fun to waste real money. But I wonder though. Is KI listening to us at all? We haven't gotten a response from them yet so it makes me wonder if they really do listen to us.

Anyway someone said something about an elf hat before I think that would be a great idea.
I actually did send a ticket to support and to community at wizard101.com. Here is what I said:

"I don’t know what I am expecting by sending this note, but here goes. On the Message Boards, there are comments (mine included) about not getting different/new Santa hats for the girl wizards. I personally don’t like the bonnets. I’m not a bonnet girl.

But someone on the Message Boards suggested buying the boy’s Santa hat with a boy wizard, and then putting it in the Shard Bank for your girl wizard to use. (Sounded kind of silly to me because the boy’s Santa hat comes with a beard too. LOL...)

But anyway, I went and tried it. I bought the Santa hat on one of my boy wizards. He put it in the Shared Bank, and then I sent one of my girl wizards, to pick it up from the Shared Bank.

And I guess you know what happened here ! The boy’s hat turned into a girl’s bonnet. I didn’t see that one coming.

So, I still don’t like the bonnets. Is there some reason that we can’t just get a generic Santa hat? -- No gender, no beards, no bonnets... just a Santa hat or an Elf hat?"

And this was the reply I received from Kingsisle support:


Response Via Email (KingsIsle Support) 12/07/2012 10:51 PM Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback!

Currently there is no way to do this.

Regards,
KingsIsle Support

So, they heard us, but nothing will be done?


Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2777
Just another comment about a santa / elf hat. Since I don't like either the girl's bonnet, or the boy's hat with a beard (which doesn't fit the face well at all), I made my own elf hat.

I bought the Whimsical Cap (can be bought at The Bazaar or from Eloise in WC Commons), and I dyed it red with white trim when I bought it. I put one on each of my wizards on all three accounts, and I love it !! (And I saved my crowns too.)

As Professor Greyrose says,

". . . with Persistence, Victory is assured."


Hero
Jul 30, 2012
771
AluraMist2 on Dec 10, 2012 wrote:
Just another comment about a santa / elf hat. Since I don't like either the girl's bonnet, or the boy's hat with a beard (which doesn't fit the face well at all), I made my own elf hat.

I bought the Whimsical Cap (can be bought at The Bazaar or from Eloise in WC Commons), and I dyed it red with white trim when I bought it. I put one on each of my wizards on all three accounts, and I love it !! (And I saved my crowns too.)

As Professor Greyrose says,

". . . with Persistence, Victory is assured."

I got the red cap (not the safari hat, the one with the round circle in the front). Dyed red it looks like a winter toque, or an old-style hockey helmat!. The beret looks pretty good too.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1304
I agree that it would be nice if we had gender neutral christmas outfits. Why in the world would we want bonnets?

I saw the same thing for Halloween. The guys had a cool outfit, and the girls outfit ..... well, it left a lot to be desired, and none of my girl wizards wore it.

Explorer
Aug 20, 2008
96
I'll add a vote for gender-neutral hats. Seems silly that girls have no choice about wearing a bonnet. Clearly if they they can wear a whimsical hat then the problem is not that it's not possible, the problem is that KI doesn't want to invest the time and money into creating it.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
Slickriptide on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
I'll add a vote for gender-neutral hats. Seems silly that girls have no choice about wearing a bonnet. Clearly if they they can wear a whimsical hat then the problem is not that it's not possible, the problem is that KI doesn't want to invest the time and money into creating it.
I feel that way about it too. Mainly because they haven't even responded to us. To lets us know if they are planing on it. Or to even let us know if they plan on no such thing. Although I dont think it would take that much time to add a hat.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
288
I'm using a sidhe hat for now. When dyed green and red, it looks like a decent christmas hat.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
860
Yeah, i do not like the girls hat either, it just doesnt exactly look much of a santa hat to me....soooo agreed.

Survivor
Nov 07, 2012
31
Explorer
Jun 20, 2009
57
norr4687 on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
I am glad that i'm not the only one to feel this way. I hope KI will make us a santa hat also I liked the idea of an elf hat too that would be so cute maybe with a bell on it.
I agree. That would be cute!

Explorer
Dec 11, 2009
60
Finally. I HATE bonnets. They are way too "Really old day style" to me. Someone cares about us girl wizards getting cool hats.

Amber Nightblossom,
StormofSpades

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
599
I like santa hats, girls should be able to wear them too. You know, come to think of it, when the holidays are around, I see more girls wearing Santa hats then boys! Just no beard though