Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are mounts/pets/gear cost as houses?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 16, 2009
Hello guys. I was just wondering that some items in the crown shop are WAY to expensive! For example: A mastery amulet would cost almost like a house!!!
And some people liked the pegasus from Wysteria. But they were to expensive! (Ty ki for making that sale back in December) ALSO.... I herd some people were dissapointed about the new lvl 65+ gear, I was kinda dissapointed I couldnt see balance X_X Well I just wanted to post this cause people were dissapointed in the prices. Bye! Thanks for reading, wizard friends! ~Wolf StrongShield lvl 56 Balance (Cant wait to get Ra :-D )

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
The thing is that a house is little more than cosmetic. Sure, you get an outdoor and an indoor area by buying a house/castle, but the thing is that Wizard City, Krokotopia, Marleybone, Mooshu AND Dragonspyre each have two houses fitting their world's theme - if the houses in the Crown Shop were more expensive, then it would be ridiculous to purchase one, seeing as how Wizard City sells a perfectly good house at a mere 15,000 gold...

However, mounts are largely restricted to the crown shop (permanent ones, at least), and they also provide a substantial bonus in movement speed for the average wizard. The Gear and the Pets are usually special, and either ridiculously strong (Sidhe Staff), a game breaker (Mastery amulets) or plain overpowered (Sea Dragon).

So, really, it makes sense that while a House is a "bigger" purchase than a mount/pet/staff, then the mount/pet/staff is more USEFUL, thus costing a fair amount.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
Bookshelvings says it quite well.

Besides, in real life there are cars, and even horses, that cost as much as small houses and mobile homes.

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
I dont really get it from Bookshelvings, But thanks for posting guys!

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
The house is beneficial in minimal ways compared to say a mastery amulet is. The house allows you to just have an interesting place to go to or have friends come to. But a mastery amulet can change the entire game play for a character. I think they are more likely keeping the prices of the unique items as low as the houses, instead of the other way around.