Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Who plays the Narrator?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I'm wondering if anyone here can tell me whose voice narrates the game? Her voice sounds familiar to me from before I started playing. Thanks!

Hero
May 02, 2009
I dont really know who voices the narrator, but I can tell you that grandmother raven's voice in wintertusk is the same as the narrators voice, and it just fits perfectly if you really give it a good listen to.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
When I went to Wintertusk to officially quest for my Myth frog pet, I had to talk to Grandmother Raven after completing Sudrilund.

Unless I was imagining things, I think the voice of the narrarator is Grandmother Raven.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
It sounds like Angela Lansbury, the lady in murder she wrote and the teapot in beauty and the beast.

Explorer
May 30, 2011
i was wondering about all of the voices in wizard 101 and why there isn't a voice cast list in the credits at all it would be nice to know who the names of the actors who do the voices in wizard 101 and even in pirate 101 when it comes out for everyone to play.tomorrow.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
Exactly! That is so strange. Is it in their contracts somewhere that they don't have to get credit for their work in making Wizard101/Pirate101 the best games in existence? (...cause they really are the best, hehe!)

Very strange, indeed... I hope KingsIsle staff will see this eventually and reveal who the voice talents are. I wish they would... It must be annoying for the actors to not see their names in the credits anywhere. :(

Administrator
You are correct, the Narrator and Grandmother Raven are voiced by the same person.

We often get requests for the names of our voiceover actors, however part of their contract is that we do not reveal their identities.

Professional voice actors, both local and international, are hired to provide voices for all the characters in the game, and in the commercials.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
May 30, 2011
That doesnt make any sense because every other games have a cast list in there credits and they are local and international and arent afraid to be known by people who follow them on facebook,myspace, and twitter they like having their names to known and reconized bebause they feel they are going to be forgotten by their fans 30 or 40 years down the road.

Administrator
numbly1863 on Oct 15, 2012 wrote:
That doesnt make any sense because every other games have a cast list in there credits and they are local and international and arent afraid to be known by people who follow them on facebook,myspace, and twitter they like having their names to known and reconized bebause they feel they are going to be forgotten by their fans 30 or 40 years down the road.
As you may have noticed, we are not 'every other game'.

Our choice to not include the names of our voice talent is ours alone to make and the talent we hire both appreciate and respect that, as you should.

community@wizard101.com
Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I'm also starting to notice similiar voices between Wizard101 and Pirate101. I'm positive that Cassie the Ponycorn and the female mouse fencer companion for swashbucklers are the same person. So if you are a fan of the Wizard101 voices, try out Pirate101 too. Some of the voice talent is probably there also!

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
Rebecca Dreamhunte... on Jul 16, 2012 wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone here can tell me whose voice narrates the game? Her voice sounds familiar to me from before I started playing. Thanks!
spoiler alert!

when you get to wintertusk grandma raven tells you that she has been watching you O. o.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
Idk who the narrator is but her voice is grating. I usually mute my sound and just read what is being said. UGH!!!!

Defender
Aug 07, 2011
Mackspeaks on Jul 18, 2012 wrote:
It sounds like Angela Lansbury, the lady in murder she wrote and the teapot in beauty and the beast.
My daughter and I were noticing the same thing! I was doing the trick or treats and my daughter goes do they have Angela Lansbury. I replied no, I think they use all local talent but it sure does sound like her, doesn't it. Now I'm wondering...