Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which school Should I choose?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 08, 2009
I am thinking about making another wizard on my account. I was wondering which school I should pick?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
colagada wrote:
Try them all in Wizard City and see what you like.
Good idea, but only one problem: 7 schools and only 6 character slots.

Here is what I think:

Fire: Great attacks, very low accuracy, very low health
Ice: Average attacks, low accuracy, very high health
Storm: Incredible attacks, extremly low accuracy, extremly low health
Life: Bad attacks, extremely high accuracy, VERY hard to kill
Death: Average everything, can steal health
Myth: Low accuracy, good attacks, average health
Balance: Average everything, can change the rules of combat

I would reccomend Balance or Life, but the choice is yours.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
Here is what I do, I am very happy about it, by the way.

#1 School, for the sake of Defense, and HP, is ICE
#2 School, for the sake of Attack, and looking cool 8) is STORM.

Wear all of your Ice Only clothes, Stack your deck with Strom, but keep your best Ice cards and traps in there, in case of Storm enemies.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
honestly i thik that the best choice is to have fire as your primary school for the lik and storm as your secondary for the offense.

Survivor
Jul 30, 2010
trose318 wrote:
colagada wrote:
Try them all in Wizard City and see what you like.
Good idea, but only one problem: 7 schools and only 6 character slots.

Here is what I think:

Fire: Great attacks, very low accuracy, very low health
Ice: Average attacks, low accuracy, very high health
Storm: Incredible attacks, extremly low accuracy, extremly low health
Life: Bad attacks, extremely high accuracy, VERY hard to kill
Death: Average everything, can steal health
Myth: Low accuracy, good attacks, average health
Balance: Average everything, can change the rules of combat

I would reccomend Balance or Life, but the choice is yours.

You forgot to mention myth can summon minions and ice has the same damage as life

Explorer
Mar 29, 2009
They're good schools, you should test them out and see which one you like.
And one thing about storm being a secondary school. Of course storm is a good school for offense, but as a secondary you still have to worry about accuracy. Which to me seems overwhelming when your trying to make your main school better. I think the best secondary has to be life.

Catherine Windrider Lvl 49 Balance

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
All schools are great thats why I am sad and mad that you can only have six characters on one account :evil.

I can't choose which schools for mine either . So I am not much help, but I would get a Balance, Life and Death :P. But thats my opinion! You're Enititled to yours, so go with what your heart says :)

Thanks for Reading, Cya around the Spiral!

Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Here is what I think... If you want to level through places fast by your self, choose Death. If you want to be useful in groups and by your self sometimes, choose balance. Death has a huge power when it comes to solo.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
you dont choose a school, you take a survey that chooses the best school for you, although i would say myth is amazing

Explorer
Jul 14, 2010
I say it's just wahtever you want for the main school, but the next few schools? Your next favorite . I have my death dude who has seconds in fire, storm and balance. If you have three second schools you make it up to the level 26 spell in each if you train equally.
That's my idea.
you dont choose a school, you take a survey that chooses the best school for you, although i would say myth is amazing Well, you can choose, there's a "Skip the Test" button in the bottom left hand corner. THEN you choose.
:)
Ronan TitanStalker, level 29 Death
Angel SwiftHand, level 17 Storm
Ronan GoldSword, level 8 Balance.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
I have a bug that when i get on the game all i can see is my wizard and some others but everything around me is PITCH BLACK. Does anybody else have this bug it really stinks :( thanks for reading.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
koolboy222 wrote:
I am thinking about making another wizard on my account. I was wondering which school I should pick?

choose balance not many attacks but when there is they r very powerful

Explorer
Oct 30, 2010
I think death is nice cause spells can keep you alive and attack enemies. Though that's if you want to play solo.Life is good in a group

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
if you want my word on the matter if you want to be extremely hard to kill I would recommend main school ice secondary school life those are the best if you don't want to die in pvp

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
Interesting thought. I'd say be very honest with the test at the beginning, because every school is tuned differently. Do you really enjoy the Zen of Life and the pleasant solitude of Ice? I do. Maybe you really want the flash and bang of fire and storm . Be honest with how you enjoy playing the game.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
I've done fire on the account I have now and it is awesome. Because with most school you have to waste a turn to get rid of shield. But not with fire! Two examples:

1) You are storm and someone puts a -80% storm shield on. You would use spark or something like that to get rid of it. But that wastes a turn!

2) You are fire and someone puts a -80% fire shield on. You could use something like Fire Elf which is a damage over time spell. At first it would take away a really small amount of damage (because of shield) BUT get rid of the shield AND over 3 rounds it would take away more damage!

So fire is the best way to get around shield noobs with ease!

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
Make a storm person. Because 1 storm is the strongest school there is and 2nd storm is AWESOME and last well storm is just better than the other schools in my opinion.