Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which school is better for late game ice or myth?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2022
done ever school but these two and I wanna do one that's best in the long run. Which one would you guys say is stronger in the later parts of the game?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Myth has the third highest DPP. Ice is good for defense and PVP. I would also vote Myth.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2009
Defender
Jan 16, 2010
fluffles2 on Nov 23, 2022 wrote:
ice methinks
Agreed, Ice.

While Myth might have a higher DPP, Ice has incredible resist, especially toward late game. Add in Ice's own version of Tempest at later levels, and the fact that they're the class that has the most health in the game - and Ice edges everyone out. You might be able to hit harder with the other school's spells, but at the end of the day, the Ice wizard's going to still be alive.

Most people dismiss Ice as a viable school because they don't hit as hard in Arc 1 as the other schools do, but I'm level 52 on my newest Ice, and I've died one time. Once. That's as a solo PvEer, and that's with me unlocking the first part of WIntertusk on this character (which happened at level 47, solo PVE, something I couldn't have ever done on my other characters). And that one death was just because I wasn't paying attention.

Having played the other classes to a pretty high level at this point - I can honestly say I'm having the easiest time on my Ice, the fights are just longer, that's all. And I actually get to make use of my traps for once, which is rather nice too.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
fluffles2 on Nov 23, 2022 wrote:
ice methinks
Ice is way too slow for me honestly, but eh thats why we have 7 choices right?

OFC everything these days is fire fire fire. Unless you chose fire or storm you will suffer team class discrimination in late game.