Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

which school do you think is better?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
Hello fellow wizards,
I just want to find out why you think your school or any school is better. i want to know why you think is better. It could be because it has better spells or whatever but please respond. I will really appreciate it
Till we meet again,
Chase Spellblade level seventy one fire wizard

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
merlinthewizard619 on Mar 23, 2013 wrote:
Hello fellow wizards,
I just want to find out why you think your school or any school is better. i want to know why you think is better. It could be because it has better spells or whatever but please respond. I will really appreciate it
Till we meet again,
No such thing as a better school; all schools have good and bad points/aspects.
Yes, we have our favorites, but none is 'better' than another.

Defender
May 03, 2009
Death is my favorite :D You can heal yourself and attack!

Life is cool too. My life character does centaur allot and rebirth.

My brother loves storm (I don't) the high attacks are cool yeah but I fizzle way too often on a storm.

My brother also likes fire. IDK why but he likes fire allot.

I think myth is cool. On my death character, when I just started, I'm like "Myth! Ninja pigs!" and my brother tried to tell my ninja pigs was a myth school only thing but sadly I joined. Now, at lvl 90, I never use myth spells.

I have one ice character for pvp. I havn't done much with her but it's cool how much ice can win at pvp :P

Balance is cool. My brother once had a lvl 50 balance and he said it was way too hard. I took his advice and never made a balance that got over lvl 2.

Each school is unique in it's own way, but I think death is totally EPIC!

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Hello fellow wizards,
Till we meet again,
Stay Cool, It's Ice!!!

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I think my school (balance) is the best school because it has some pretty tough spells. Sure it doesn't have the best health as ice, or the damage of storm, but it is a mix of all schools. I have seen many people say it is the best school, and many say it is the worst, but the worst doesn't matter to me. Some have said it is a boring school, but I think it is better than whatever school they think is the best. This does not mean that I think other schools are bad, because my second school choice would be death, I just think balance is better. This is in my opinion, not yours.

Me and my life friend help each other a lot, even though I don't need help. When I am low on life, she heals me, and when she is low on health as well, I have my own healing spell (helping hands). Together we are unstoppable, and only died together once. That was because she was low on life, I came and was low on life, and she has ran out of healing spells. Me and her know each other in real life, and we both have text chat, so we can go to my castle or her dorm and just hang. We teach each other how to do many things, and have a great time together. A good mix is balance and life, because balance has some pretty good spells, like judgement, and life has some good healing spells like satyrs.

Molly
Lvl 32
Balance
Friend-
Rebecca Misthunter
level 27
life

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
personally, i think all the schools are perfect. only because each kind reacts differently to an enemy, like, they all have opposites. death/life, storm/myth, fire/ice, so if you were in the arena and your talent is, let's say, myth, and your opponent's talent is storm [since they are opposite talents], and you used a myth spell, it would take more of their health away than it would have if you had used a storm talented spell because they are storm, so it is the same talent, so they would resist it.

happy easter,
Autumn level twenty four death talented wizard keep it cool!

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
i am fire wizard lvl 83. i think fire and life are the best schools or storm and death.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
Ice, BY FAR, is the best school of magic because of its insanely high health and resistance.

I hope you have found this post helpful :)

Survivor
Aug 31, 2012
I think life is best becuase you have high accuracy and you can heal other people

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
I rather think that they are all equal as far as the schools go. I do agree with everyone: They have their strengths and weaknesses, if you're against your own type, sometimes, you're downright dead to begin with, but they're all equal.
Some people I have met, however, are quite the opposite. I've met some really... peculiar people in the Myth group (but this is probably because I am storm and therefore we're opposite), but people should remember that sometimes, you're representing your School: not just you.
-Alexandria Sandstone, Level (finally) 40 Stormie

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
They are all equal, though my favorite is storm. Second is balance, third is ice. I really like storm because the spells are powerful. I don't care much about the bad accuracy, every school has its flaws.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
Well here are two good reasons for two good schools
1. Balance is good because you get the most spells of all the schools
2. Life you heal yourself the most.(life is a school where you should get a strong 2nd school)

-Hope I Helped

Explorer
May 14, 2009
I personally would say that ice, death, and balance are the strongest schools.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Chrissygirl12 on Apr 25, 2013 wrote:
Well here are two good reasons for two good schools
1. Balance is good because you get the most spells of all the schools
2. Life you heal yourself the most.(life is a school where you should get a strong 2nd school)

-Hope I Helped
I do not mean to argue with you here; however, I would like to mention about your theory on the Life School. While, yes, in the beginning you are stuck with a whole bunch of healing spells, once you get to a higher level, second schools are no longer necessary at all. I can assure you of that. Most lower leveled players do have two schools until they finally have enough spells to only use one. I still find that quite common today when I play on my lower leveled characters. I do promise you though, Theurgists can pack in a punch when they need to.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
Hello fellow wizards,
Till we meet again,
Yea am in fire and it the most fun thing to be in because if you get the Fire Dog you can get the card to it so that's why I like to be in fire school and me and my friend are in the fire school :D :)

Explorer
Nov 27, 2011
Ice is the best!!!
Maybe it isn't the most powerful school but they have a lot of life! I have a lvl 23 Ice Wizard and he has 1775, Yay! And they have a LOT of resistance i fought a lvl 90 Ice (Obviusly i dead) and i tried to use him the wyvern spell and instead of resist it said immune and hitted 0 ( I think he had 100 resistance)

Richard FrostBreeze Ice lvl 23 Master Diplomat (hehe, I love that badge)

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
I am a level 67 death wizard and I have to say that death school is my favorite one because I have good enough attack power 70% and a high enough critical 112%, where if I would critical a Scarecrow with one death blade (+40% Attack) I can kill all the enemies in one hit and have all my health (3455) back from the first one I killed. (Rank 10 and 11 enemies or below). Death spells are amazing looking and its true that they aren't powerful as storm on their own but if you use blades, Death trap, Curse, and Feint; no one can compete with how much damage death spells can do and we are able to get most or all our health afterwards.

Ian SoulHunter
"Patience, persistence and perspiration makes an unbeatable combination for success."

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
All the schools and why they are equally good:

Fire: have strong spells and can attack over time.
Ice: have really strong resist and tend to be looked at as gods.
Storm: have the strongest spells but most of their cards are based on chance.
Death: can attack and drain enemy health to heal themselves.
Life: can heal themselves and other wizards, but they have weak attacks.
Myth: get average attacks, great minions, and are the best for solo.
Balance: great at helping others but have weak spells.

Defender
May 29, 2013
3) Myth (Probably the most strategic, since it doesn't have many attacks and the only AOE is the frog. Plus it holds My all time favorite attack animation.............Celestial Calendar)
2) Ice (insane health and resistance...........plus............Tower Shield)
1) Balance (My roots and my favorite. Great for teaming, which is my extreme forte)

My only Gripes
3) Myth Not many attacks and the Frog (the only AOE Myth has) isn't that strong. Why wasn't Basilisk AOE?
2) Ice (Weak in terms of attack. The only keeping it from the weakest is that it has more attacks them Life. However, this can easily be solved with Sun enchantments for damage)
1) Balance Relies too much on Luck (Spectral Blast to kill and Spectral Minion for minions). Hydra isn't that strong. Not really a reliable killer (Only having Balance Blade, Bladestorm, and Hex for setting up)

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Storm: Offensive, big damage, low health and accuracy and low resistance.
Fire: Damage over time spells, offensive, low health and accuracy and low resist, but better than storms.
Ice: Tank, high heath, high resist, decent accuracy, low damage.
Balance: Shields, blades, heals, attacks...a bit of everything, except DoTs. (damage over time.)
Death: Attack and heal, offensive. Good accuracy, decent health.
Myth: Can summon minions, can be offensive, good accuracy and ability to remove shields and DoTs.
Life: Best accuracy, good health, excellent at healing, can be offensive if you want to.
This is what each school is made for but in my personal opinion.......Fire for the win!

Survivor
Dec 29, 2009
I think fire is best.

1. fire has second best attack (after storm)
2. fire has third most life (after ice and life)
3.fire has third most accuracy(everything is tied except for life)
4. the color red is smashing(not to mention they look the best)
5.they have useful overtime damage more than any other school.
6.fire is second at using spells to take away accuracy(because of balances black mantle)

And, the fire elemental is a huge fan of overtime damage with link and fire elf.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
Richard FrostBreez... on Apr 28, 2013 wrote:
Ice is the best!!!
Maybe it isn't the most powerful school but they have a lot of life! I have a lvl 23 Ice Wizard and he has 1775, Yay! And they have a LOT of resistance i fought a lvl 90 Ice (Obviusly i dead) and i tried to use him the wyvern spell and instead of resist it said immune and hitted 0 ( I think he had 100 resistance)

Richard FrostBreeze Ice lvl 23 Master Diplomat (hehe, I love that badge)
There is NO best school. My favorite is fire.

Alura Battleheart, lvl 90 , sister #1
Alura Rainheart, lvl 27, sister #2
Brecken Storytalon, lvl 22 , sister #3
Savannah Darkbane, lvl 17 , sister #4
Rachel Dragonheart, lvl 11 , sister #5
Krestal Wintergrove, lvl 3 , sister #6