Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When does harvesting become exploit?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 05, 2013
This question is for someone on staff. Is it considered an exploit to revisit an area to pick up the reagents you find there. I'm thinking specifically of the Royal Observatory, where there is Sandstone and Frost Flower to be picked up. How many time does one revisit an area before it becomes an exploit, if at all? I'd like clarification on this to avoid potential suspension. I picked up both reagents there earlier today several times, and it dawned on me that it might be considered an exploit, so I thought it wise to ask staff before I did it any more. It's certainly not worth getting suspended over. Thank you in advance for your help.

Administrator
The recent sanctions were not related to reagents, but 'pick up' housing items.

If it seems too good to be true, it's probably an exploit.

It's one thing to pick up a few of the same housing item and think "hmm something's not right".
It's another to pick up a few dozen of the same housing item. Now you're getting into a grey area.
It's wholly another to pick up hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands of this housing item. Now you've slipped into the dark side and are clearly exploiting.
It's this last group that were sanctioned based on the egregiousness of their infraction.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Mar 05, 2013
Thanks, that's what I thought, I just wanted some clarification. Like any other game site there are things here that 'seem' too good to be true, and 'seem' just the opposite. I just wanted to eliminate the 'seem' and replace it with 'sure'. Thanks again for a wonderful gamesite.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
Like if I pick up the Lava Fountain (I think that's what it is) in Dragonspyre once: that's exactly what you intended.
If I get two of it because I clicked rapidly: that's the start of an exploit. If I get lots and lots of it: boy, am I looking to get in trouble!!!

(Note: I never got more than one per character, nor even tried. I'm, just using it as an example)