Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

When choosing a second school...

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Realizing this post will soon be lost in obscurity I figure will help any new player today...

When choosing a second school base it primarly on the 0 and 1 pip spells that it offers. Know that down the road you likely never use any 5+ pip spell from your secondary school. Because it takes too long to generate the pips and its a waste of power pips. Plus treasure cards are cheep and easily available later on.

Some people get a mastery amulet from the crown shop for 10,000 crowns that allows them to use power pips with another school's spells. But remember you can only wear one amulet, so there is a sacrifice in doing this.

Know also that you should save-up some training points for astral spells that become available in Celestia. That may seem far away today but you will kick yourself tomorrow if you don't.

Survivor
May 07, 2011
As of raising my 8 char to lvl 90 I only think that for each school it's necessary to train life, ice until towershield or death until feint. If you are doing all the quests that gives training points you're able to train them all, and all the sun/star spells. I do not like moon and see that spell as a disatvantage in a game.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
RottenHeart on Apr 17, 2013 wrote:
Realizing this post will soon be lost in obscurity I figure will help any new player today...

When choosing a second school base it primarly on the 0 and 1 pip spells that it offers. Know that down the road you likely never use any 5+ pip spell from your secondary school. Because it takes too long to generate the pips and its a waste of power pips. Plus treasure cards are cheep and easily available later on.

Some people get a mastery amulet from the crown shop for 10,000 crowns that allows them to use power pips with another school's spells. But remember you can only wear one amulet, so there is a sacrifice in doing this.

Know also that you should save-up some training points for astral spells that become available in Celestia. That may seem far away today but you will kick yourself tomorrow if you don't.
I don't really agree with this entirely. I base my secondary school on the low level spells and their shields. I have taken both Death and Fire to their full extent as secondary schools and do use these spells, even without the mastery amulets.

I do agree that training points should be saved for the astral schools once you hit Celestia, but that's pretty easy if you do all the Zeke quests. :)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
Ya my post made a pretty sweeping statements. But was geared towards new players who aren't probably reading these forums yet anyway. So really my post is useless. But I've been noticing other posts where people are complaining about running out of training points. And the cost of buying training points back. Some people try to train spells from three or more schools.

New players don't realize the significance of pip costs and power pips, and the effect they have on the choice of spells. So there can be a tendency to train a second school based on flashy cool attack spells which really become useless later on. Shields and other percent based spells keep their significance as your wizard levels up, and also cost zero or very low low pips.

More experienced players can make much better decisions. They know what challenges are coming up and what the various schools will offer.

Happy Wizarding Everybody!