Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's your favourite world?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2015
I thought about making this thread because I want to see other people's opinion on the game, yes I know this has been done before but not since 2011.
Anyway, what are your favourite worlds and why?
What do you like the most about them?

My favourite world personally is Khrysalis, I find it stunning and beautiful in it's own way (it's the most powerful place of the Spiral for goodness sake!) and I love all the insects and mice knights there.

So anyway, what is your favourite world? Let me know down below (rhyming ).
Sincerely, Alex Moonforge

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
My favourite world is Marleybone. I like the storyline there and honestly everything else. If I could download the Marleybone thyme I would. And also the machinery. In the last Five B.O.X.E.S event the professor and the time machine were from Marleybone.

Alexandria Dreamcatcher,

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
HazzaSenpai on Aug 23, 2015 wrote:
I thought about making this thread because I want to see other people's opinion on the game, yes I know this has been done before but not since 2011.
Anyway, what are your favourite worlds and why?
What do you like the most about them?

My favourite world personally is Khrysalis, I find it stunning and beautiful in it's own way (it's the most powerful place of the Spiral for goodness sake!) and I love all the insects and mice knights there.

So anyway, what is your favourite world? Let me know down below (rhyming ).
Sincerely, Alex Moonforge
because you mentioned rhyme, i must answer in crappy poetry:

dragonspyre is pretty
it's a pretty cool place
where von wiped the floor
with malistaire's face.

yes, dragonspyre is my favourite; i like dark stuff, and i love the music, design, story... and i may or may not have cried little wizard tears during that cutscene (before they changed the voices and made them all bleh). to this day, malistaire is my favourite in-game character and that instance reminds me of when the game was fun.

-von
exalted

Survivor
Jul 03, 2015
Dr Von on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
because you mentioned rhyme, i must answer in crappy poetry:

dragonspyre is pretty
it's a pretty cool place
where von wiped the floor
with malistaire's face.

yes, dragonspyre is my favourite; i like dark stuff, and i love the music, design, story... and i may or may not have cried little wizard tears during that cutscene (before they changed the voices and made them all bleh). to this day, malistaire is my favourite in-game character and that instance reminds me of when the game was fun.

-von
exalted
You could be a rapper, I can see it now:
"Von Draco is in the house, he gon' teach you how to buy a house"
Sylvia = feels

Alex Moonforge

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Mooshu is the best
It's so calming and serene
Lotus everywhere

Original haiku by Erin Dusk Weaver.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
I love Krokotopia! I think it is so fun as a new player to explore a whole new world now that you are starting to advance in the game.

Destruction is the changing of balance

Survivor
Apr 09, 2015
I love Grizzlehiem. It's so Family-oriented it also respects reputations. Witch are one of my favorite settings in a story's culture.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2011
MooShu. I love researching about the East Asian culture irl, and I was very happy to see a world themed like Japan. And most of the bosses are so calm.When defeated, they'd just end it like "I admit my defeat", rather than "this little brat did not just defeat the undead almighty ruler of death!"

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I like the diversity in these answers so far, but no one has mentioned Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, or Azteca (I deliberately excluded Wizard City, no one likes that world).

Survivor
Jun 23, 2014
NeoNebula17 on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
I like the diversity in these answers so far, but no one has mentioned Celestia, Zafaria, Avalon, or Azteca (I deliberately excluded Wizard City, no one likes that world).
Khrylasis. Because I get to see morganthe dream and the ending of the game was in that place....... Poor morganthe

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
I like darkmoor.... It's a place in wizard city so I think I'l say Wizard city is my favorite world...
Darkmoor was pretty intense, powerful bosses and new spells. The ending was pretty good, Malistare end his evilness and The ending made cry...

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
For some reason (Note: I am only level 83), I love every new world I access. Right now, it is tied with Azteca and Avalon. The reasons I like Avalon are:
1. It took forever to get there.
2. The storyline was amazing.
3. It was super cool when Morganth broke into Gamma's tower, but I guess it was scary if I were Gamma.
The reasons I like Azteca:
1. The place in Marylebone. I had a friend of mine help me when I got there, and they were very helpful. They aren't that far in the game, so I let them wander around. They said it was fasinating.
2. Before I played through Azteca, I played on Pirate101 through "Doomed Azteca". That was a fun area to explore. Now that I unlocked that world, I can experince it!
3. The colors. Unlike other worlds, for example, Marylebone, don't have a whole lot of colors in the areas with monsters. In Azteca, it is the opposite. The colors are just popping out, and they are amazing.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2012
I always loved Krokotopia. When I first reached there, it was so stunning, dazzling, and took my breath away. I always loved stuff about mummies and pharoahs and the animations bring it all to life into such a cool way. Every area was fun with different mobs of mummies and pharoahs. The storyline is also fantastic and engaging. Krokotopia holds a special place in my heart!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
carlosmi11 on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
I like darkmoor.... It's a place in wizard city so I think I'l say Wizard city is my favorite world...
Darkmoor was pretty intense, powerful bosses and new spells. The ending was pretty good, Malistare end his evilness and The ending made cry...
me too! that horrible dungeon was worth suffering through (even if the horrid drop rate isn't) if only for those glorious 2 minutes at the end.

=

-von "bad guys need hugs too" shadowsong
your friendly neighbourhood half-evil awesome sauce-erer

Survivor
Aug 22, 2012
Personally, I Azteca. The reason why I Azteca is because there is so many beautiful places, I love the soundtrack because it is absolutley amazing, the characters are great and so are the bosses, and I love the quests. I also love the meteors and it's story. It's truly an amazing world in my opinion. Basically the world is beautiful to me, and I think it stands out a lot because a lot of the characters are dinosaurs. I mean, every world pretty much has it's dominant species, but I love it's aztec theme and pretty sure the only animals that are distinct in this game are the dinos. Anyway, these are the reasons this world stands out to me, and why it's my favorite.

-Samantha Angle Blossom

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I personally LOVE Celestia, as not only is it a beautiful world perfecrtly encompassing above land and under water, but it's also futuristic in some areas and primitive in others. I think the design is very well thought out. I'm also a huge fan of the story, on how (spoiler) Morganthe went to Celestia to learn the Astral magics. Celestia introduces you to Astral magic and can prove useful very quickly.

Those are my reasons for loving Celestia, Krokotopia is a close second due to my love of Egyptian culture.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
Mooshu or Azteca!
Probably Azteca!
Micheal Dragonblade level 89

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
Celestia!

No, not the underwater one that is filled with vile fish things, the BEAUTIFUL one that was before Morganthe messed it all up.

The buildings are so exotic and pretty. I love the floating crystals and the ancient-alien design in the world. Especially how much detail was placed into the individual buildings.

Too bad there is no "Ghost Celestia" where you can visit Celestia before its demise.

Also, Ptolemos has one of the most graceful casting animations

Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
I generally tend to get a lot of: "Why?"s when I tell people what my favorite world is. To be frank, I really enjoyed Grizzleheim.

I'll go ahead and answer that "Why?" question as well. The Norse mythology! Almost everywhere in the dialogue, areas, etc, there's references to Norse mythology.

P.S. Since I hear they're creating a new extension to GH/WT, I hope it's somewhat based off of Ragnarok. ;)

~Devin | Level 100
Yes, the name Devin is also a girl's name.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
Krokotopia. My GF, now wife introduced Wizard 101 to me. At first I thought it would be childish. I gave it a go anyway(Honestly thought Ice was the only school). Wizard City was pretty good but KT sealed the deal for me. Long, extremely immersive, the detail that KI put into KT was stunning. The fact I was ice helped too.

1. Krokotopia
2. Grizzleheim
3. Wizard City(Yes I said it)

Worst IMO:
1. dragonspyre
2. Celestia(dislike water levels)
3. Khrylasis(Too dark)

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
the only worlds i have unlocked so far is krokotopia grizzleheim marleybone and wysteria. i think wysteria is my favorite because it was kind of a fun world and the quests were not too hard

heather starsong level 36
autumn lifeblossom level 14
jasmine spellcaster level 14
erica sparkleflame level 5

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
my favorite world is grizzleheim
its soooo awesomeeee

its soooo awessomeeee because it feels so viking themed lol i dont understand what i just said

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
omagicspells on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
the only worlds i have unlocked so far is krokotopia grizzleheim marleybone and wysteria. i think wysteria is my favorite because it was kind of a fun world and the quests were not too hard

heather starsong level 36
autumn lifeblossom level 14
jasmine spellcaster level 14
erica sparkleflame level 5
oh and i forgot mackenzie stormbringer level 5

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
Hmmm... Hard to choose, I really like all the worlds except for Krokotopia, Celestia, and Zafaria.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Cass MoonHeart on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
Hmmm... Hard to choose, I really like all the worlds except for Krokotopia, Celestia, and Zafaria.
you dont like celestia