Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's with Xibalba?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
So we all know that Morganthe used her evil powers to alter the course of the comet Xibalba and, as Belloq put it, "make it fall out of the sky and kill everyone". However there are a couple questions I have about this:
1: Why? She already got the Lords of Night, was smashing Azteca some part of a greater scheme (it was prophesied) or did she do it just to distract or spite you? It hardly seems to further her aims.
2. What happened to Xibalba? One minute, it's a giant comet heading toward Azteca, the next, there's an inexplicable hole in the sky and huge ice chunks are raining down. This hardly seems apocalyptic, certainly major property damage will occur but I can't see a world ending because of hail.
3. Clearly, Azteca is knee-deep in dog doo, but obviously not destroyed yet. Why isn't there some kind of mass evacuation going on, to get as many Aztecosaurs out as possible.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I asked King Artorius about this in one of his storytime threads. It feels like they wrote themselves into a corner with that world, but the official word is that Azteca is frozen seconds before the doomsday clock runs up, leaving the dino-people in perpetual state of peril... which actually might be even worse than being hit by the comet if you ask me.

As to the real why behind her actions? I don't know. Maybe we'll get more information on that later.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
1. Xibalba was the sky that fell in her prophecy.
2. I have the same question.
3. I was kind of hoping that when Morganthe fell out the window and all that energy that got on us, which would have "killed" us had to be given back to the land, I thought we would go to Azteca and use that energy to restore it.

-Nick level 100
"Child of Light and Shadow"

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
1) By causing distractions down on the surface of Azteca, Morganthe mastered the comet Xibalba by the Astral Magic she stole from Celestia forcing it to destroy Azteca and make the skies fall completing the Prophecy. The only reason she got the Lords of Night is so they can teach her the Song of Creation. And also by having her forces work down below she was also on the search for the Huracan Horn to call a portal to Xibalba.
2) As seen after the battle with Malistaire, a piece of the comet with him standing on it, was broken off and blown away from the rest of the comet and the comet started rumbling implying that it is breaking apart. And most likely it isn't hail, more likely pieces of Xibalba raining down on Azteca.
3) I think King Artorius answered this one. Azteca is kind of "frozen in time" meaning that it's being destroyed but can't be destroyed so we can go back anytime we want. Now if the comet destroyed Azteca the world wouldn't exist anymore and we would never be able to go there again.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Robobot1747 on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
So we all know that Morganthe used her evil powers to alter the course of the comet Xibalba and, as Belloq put it, "make it fall out of the sky and kill everyone". However there are a couple questions I have about this:
1: Why? She already got the Lords of Night, was smashing Azteca some part of a greater scheme (it was prophesied) or did she do it just to distract or spite you? It hardly seems to further her aims.
2. What happened to Xibalba? One minute, it's a giant comet heading toward Azteca, the next, there's an inexplicable hole in the sky and huge ice chunks are raining down. This hardly seems apocalyptic, certainly major property damage will occur but I can't see a world ending because of hail.
3. Clearly, Azteca is knee-deep in dog doo, but obviously not destroyed yet. Why isn't there some kind of mass evacuation going on, to get as many Aztecosaurs out as possible.
nevertheless:

1. because killing everyone with random junk from the sky is awesome.

2. well, malistaire the undying just ripped a giant chunk of rock out the centre of it, and all that debris had to be put to use somehow (like killing everyone; see #1).

3. you know how the captain is supposed to go down with her (or his) ship? same deal.

there's a lot about the morganthe arc that didn't (and still doesn't) make sense. but i attempted to solve it with humour. yay woo.

-von

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
it doesn't seem like anyone knows why exactly Morganthe brought down Xibalba on Azteca, other than just "it was in the prophecy". (Spoiler, Azteca is not the sky that falls)
Except for Von, killing stuff with space junk rules, lol.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
to answer number 2 they cant destroy a world and make inaccessible to players who beat azteca so thats why there's tiny comets falling but idk why the hole is there

Explorer
Apr 17, 2011
Robobot1747 on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
it doesn't seem like anyone knows why exactly Morganthe brought down Xibalba on Azteca, other than just "it was in the prophecy". (Spoiler, Azteca is not the sky that falls)
Except for Von, killing stuff with space junk rules, lol.
Well I'm agreeing with you on Azteca not being the sky that falls :P
Mostly for two reasons.
1. It doesn't go in order of the prophecy
2. If you complete the shadow history quest or whatever it's called, well, you get the point :P
And Morganthe killed the people because she had a heart of pure evil. She tried to kill more but this was the only attempt that was successful.