Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats up with life fizzling?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
So maybe a few days ago i've been farming with my friend. I'm a life wizard level 62 at the moment. Life is known to have 90% accuracy and then when I casted something like rebirth? I was super surprised I fizzled. This has been going on and I saw life fizzle 3 times. Whats up with that?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
helv wrote:
So maybe a few days ago i've been farming with my friend. I'm a life wizard level 62 at the moment. Life is known to have 90% accuracy and then when I casted something like rebirth? I was super surprised I fizzled. This has been going on and I saw life fizzle 3 times. Whats up with that?

Yes, Life fizzles too. You may want to check your stats. My life wizard has 0% accuracy and is level 70. I do fizzle occasionally but that is part of the game. And by the way, my gear is all WW except the boots.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
Not sure, it is a random thing, but my life never fizzles, she only has a tad bit of accuracy added to her via clothes/gear but still fizzing is very rare for me, mostly only happens when my Forest Lord tries to throw his pet spell, he gets nervous and almost always fizzes.

IF you are concerned, look for gear and clothes that add life accuracy.

:)

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
helv wrote:

90% is not 100%... Life has a 10% possibility of fizzling for any spell (except the fairy/pixie) each time you cast a spell.

I've' had it happen too.. .and it really does surprise me too. :)

Explorer
May 02, 2011
Wait what I read your post on life minions XD XD lvl 62 using minions

Survivor
Aug 19, 2012
Computers are not truly random, and algorithms love to lump the high and low results together. I think it's happened to me in every MMORPG I've played. I get a bunch of misses together then criticals.