Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

whats the weirdest thing you do/used to do in wiz

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2016
I personally when I first joined whenever I was at someones house I went to the bank and saw abunch of items in it of course and stole them all and put them in my backpack so I could use and sell them, I didn't realize they were my items...
also I talk to myself and the bosses when soloing lol

Defender
Dec 26, 2016
This is back in 2009 or so, so the game is essentially at its prime. This was also back when people went into the school towers as if they were private chat rooms....and try to get dates.

So one day one of my friends took me to the ice tower. The socially awkward 10 year old that I was really wanted people to like her, so I just did what everyone else was doing and asked people to date me.

...I still cringe every time

P.S. It's okay, I talk using the textbox when I'm by myself too

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Seeing people "date" on the game.

Seeing people pretend to be each other's family members on the game (especially in the commons).

Explorer
Oct 27, 2017
lol I did the exact same thing I thought I was stealing from people I ran so fast.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I thought the bank was for storing things and the shared bank was for sharing with anyone who wanted them. It was only when I made a second wizard I understood how the shared bank really worked lol I'd still like a bank for sharing with anyone who visits though

I often talk to my pet or the NPCs too, when I am alone and even when I'm with people.

When a friend invited me to their house I used to stand at the door waiting for them to invite me in and I wouldn't run about without being told I could. I'm not a vampire, it just felt wrong to go snooping

Now I go running about like a crazy person checking out everything they have and how they've chosen to decorate!

Oh and I also felt full of guilt for stealing a clock off a table...it was the first item I found that I could just pick up and once I picked it up I couldn't put it back! Now I scour new rooms for freebies to pick up

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
For me playing 2 accounts at once. I still hold a conversation and joke around with myself for fun. Other players think I'm totally 2 different people until I tell them i'm the same person playing 2 wizards at once. Then when the word weird is spoken. I laugh every time when someones says; You're weird, that's weird or you are so weird.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I don't know if this is 'weird' but every once in a while I will park my wizard at their 'home' before shutting down for the night, as if making them comfortable for the time being, before I can be back again. Is that anthropomorphizing them, a bit? Probably.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
For me playing 2 accounts at once. I still hold a conversation and joke around with myself for fun. Other players think I'm totally 2 different people until I tell them i'm the same person playing 2 wizards at once. Then when the word weird is spoken. I laugh every time when someones says; You're weird, that's weird or you are so weird.
I think this is hilarious.

I mean if we play certain sim games where we can play more than one character in a way, it's kind of like that.

I've seen people doing that in Olde Town or the Commons at times. I can tell they're the same player (they're not exactly hiding the fact) because they have same or similar names, maybe same first name and the wizards look exactly alike; and there is a satirical tinge to their conversation.)

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
SparkleTude on Mar 8, 2018 wrote:
I don't know if this is 'weird' but every once in a while I will park my wizard at their 'home' before shutting down for the night, as if making them comfortable for the time being, before I can be back again. Is that anthropomorphizing them, a bit? Probably.
I do the same thing. Every time I log off for the night, my wizard goes to his house and I park him on the side of his bed pretending he's going to sleep from a hard days work. I'm just so weird.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
Haha that's so funny and something I am so familiar with too!

A few of my friends and I are lucky enough to have multiple accounts. It's fun for farming, questing...lots of things. However, when talking to someone who knows my other wizards I'll openly chat about what they need to achieve to be better. If I have that wizard standing there it could easily be mistaken for a higher level being bossy or mean so if we're not careful we have to reassure someone passing that we are not meanies and 'the noob' (as we often refer to our lower level wizards) is one of us as well!

PS. IDK why people use the term 'noob' to be mean, also, none of my friends or I EVER use it as an insult. It only means 'new player' so we use it affectionately for our own or each other's low level wizards. I sometimes excitedly tell a friend about 'a noob' I've just been lucky enough to meet who I could help or be nice to. Personally, I find it a lot of fun to meet new players and be able to help them out, show them some cool things and give them the same support higher levels gave me when I was a newbie

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Victoria FireHeart on Mar 9, 2018 wrote:
Haha that's so funny and something I am so familiar with too!

A few of my friends and I are lucky enough to have multiple accounts. It's fun for farming, questing...lots of things. However, when talking to someone who knows my other wizards I'll openly chat about what they need to achieve to be better. If I have that wizard standing there it could easily be mistaken for a higher level being bossy or mean so if we're not careful we have to reassure someone passing that we are not meanies and 'the noob' (as we often refer to our lower level wizards) is one of us as well!

PS. IDK why people use the term 'noob' to be mean, also, none of my friends or I EVER use it as an insult. It only means 'new player' so we use it affectionately for our own or each other's low level wizards. I sometimes excitedly tell a friend about 'a noob' I've just been lucky enough to meet who I could help or be nice to. Personally, I find it a lot of fun to meet new players and be able to help them out, show them some cool things and give them the same support higher levels gave me when I was a newbie
I think some people use the term 'noob' in a mean way in the means of saying: I'm better than you; looking for pvp partner maybe because he or she is bored or that person think it fun to be a bully.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
of my gosh!....I thought i was the only one who would find some little cubby to park my mount...maybe near a stream or overlooking a valley!.....sweet dreams my prizhare...lol....I guess no matter how the fantasy world is exiciting..the human factor never goes away.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
SparkleTude on Mar 8, 2018 wrote:
I used to do that until i figured out that your Wizard starts off in the last world you were in and not your house.

Now I go and find a nice hidey hole for my wizard to stay for the night.

Steven Ghoststalker

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Pink Bunny and Area51: I do both.
Wherever I leave the wizard I try to 'park' them somewhere nice, like Pink Bunny described.

I guess if we are all doing this it's not so "weird."

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I don't know how weird this is but I got curious on what it's like to play a female. Would I be treated differently and how much attention would I get my the males? So I played the most good looking one and yes i did get more attention. After I quest in a few worlds, I deleted her thinking this is not me.

Survivor
Jun 02, 2017
The weirdest thing I used to do was buff a beguiled enemy. It backfired.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Patrick Ravenbane on Mar 17, 2018 wrote:
I don't know how weird this is but I got curious on what it's like to play a female. Would I be treated differently and how much attention would I get my the males? So I played the most good looking one and yes i did get more attention. After I quest in a few worlds, I deleted her thinking this is not me.
From what I've heard it's fairly typical to have an online alter ego of the opposite gender. Most people seem to keep theirs a while. The motivations vary. Your motivation sounds innocent.

I made a wizard of the opposite gender for a family member then was told here that we cannot share accounts even if we do not share the password, So.

I kept it anyway! I don't really talk to anybody and it's nice to see what the gear looks like on another gender. I don't bring real life in anyway so I figure it's no one else's biz about my wiz.

That one is treated differently so I mostly quest on it when I feel accordingly.
If anyone asks me anything about real life I ignore it, if they ask again I get vague, if they ask again I suddenly have an urgent need to clean the fridge or something. It's a game, enjoy, be anybody.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I have a teleporter hub with no identifying markers and doubles of every teleporter making the whole thing a frustrating experience for anyone who isnt me. You'll either go to a house or get stuck in a ridiculous place, usually behind an impassible bar counter, or desk so you look like a house guest (my favorite one puts you in a sort of trophy case)

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SparkleTude on Mar 16, 2018 wrote:
Pink Bunny and Area51: I do both.
Wherever I leave the wizard I try to 'park' them somewhere nice, like Pink Bunny described.

I guess if we are all doing this it's not so "weird."
Nah that's totally weird and I'd never do similar...honest!

Before logging out I 'put on their pyjamas' (energy gear) and usually log out from their dorm so they can get a nice rest

Please tell me I am not the only weirdo calling energy gear 'pyjamas'

Defender
Jul 27, 2010
I also used to talk to bosses when no one was around through text chat, I said things like “prepare to get wrecked” and kinda made fun of the bosses whenever they fizzled or something, it was fun