Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Whats the point with " training points"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2010
Hi! it's me Rylee!

Anyway i have a question for you ( and yes that counts the teachers and headmaster )
Why do we need training points? i mean i am ice and death but can i be MORE?
I want to have ALL of the spells from the schools... But i can only have spells from my school and one more school... Why?javascript:emoticon(':-o');

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
pumkin31 wrote:
Hi! it's me Rylee!

Anyway i have a question for you ( and yes that counts the teachers and headmaster )
I want to have ALL of the spells from the schools... But i can only have spells from my school and one more school... Why?javascript:emoticon(':-o');

With all Zeke quests, the 3 Ogden Peak CL quests, and your Level Training points you will be able to learn a total of 24 spells from schools OTHER than your own. The purpose of Training Points is to keep someone from learning EVERY spell on one wizard.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
be careful though which ones you get, if your not happy with a spell later they make you spend crowns to get these points back, but you choosing death is a good path for it's attack boosting spell, there is a move called faint you can get from that school that will help you, it lays a trap that boosts your attack 70% (but lays a 30% trap on you as the downside to that kind of power), if you use that with a tower shield that is free for you being ice, you can counter the 30% on you, you will not regret ice for the highest health and defense there is out of all the schools, not sure how long you been playing but i thought i would give some advise ether way. i also went with death on my ice, but i stopped when i got the Faint spell.

you can't learn all the spells in all the schools, but, some schools teach some good defense and attack boosting spells at varied levels

(such as balance teaches weakness and costs 3 skill points, but also is available at the Wizard City Library for gold)

you will get a training point every 4 levels till you are lvl 20, then they come every 5th level from then on (25, 30, 35 and so on)

i hope this information can help you

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
pumkin31 wrote:
Hi! it's me Rylee!

The idea of the game (and as a role playing game) is that you are a wizard of ONE school at first, and can branch out to a second later on. I f you want learn the higher spells of a school, you HAVE to learn all the spells that come before it. There are also some spells that are given as side quests from your home school only. If you want, there are the treasure cards which can be bought (library or crown shop) or made (recipes and reagents).

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Just as with power pips, the idea is to force people to work with their own school. You only have access to half of the spells of the secondary schools - while you not only have all the spells from your primary school, but you also get power pips that are only good for your primary.

Rather than having everyone running around and using nothing but Storm and Life spells, this specialization forces players to actually think about how they play. That the game also is seriously heavy on the rewards for teamwork and strategy is another case entirely...

If you want all of the spells, your only shot is to roll up six wizards and try to cover the leftover school between them. I would recommend leaving over Storm, seeing as many of its spells exists in other schools (Fire for charm stealing, Myth for purification, Ice for stun, ect) - but that is up to yourself to decide.