Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What to Spend Training Points on

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
Hello, everyone. I recently posted here a few weeks ago as a returning player asking about world progression and you guys helped greatly, so thank you!

This post, however, is different. You see, I took advantage of the membership-only free training points buy back so I could fix my deck up a bit. I am currently a level 55 Death wizard currently questing through Wintertusk. (Okay, I lied, I am actually 54 but I am about to level up. Lol)

After I finish up Wintertusk (Which has insane Exp. gains! Like, wow.), I plan on moving on to Celestia which I've heard begins your introduction to Astral spells, which I have NO IDEA how they work tbh.

I've already got back up to Tower Shield but I was wondering if I needed anything else? When I first played through I got the Spirit Blades and Spirit Traps and they were very helpful for a while. But as soon as I entered like mid Dragonspyre I noticed I wasn't really using them as often. Is that normal for other Death wizards too or is that just me? I feel like the main problems is that they use up a pip which is pretty important later on.

Also, I'd appreciate some help with what Astral spells I should be going for... I've heard the attack boosting ones like Sun I beleive were essential to all wizards, but I'm not very knowledgable, lol.

I'd appreciate your help!

~Noah DeathWhisper

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
springlocked on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:
Hello, everyone. I recently posted here a few weeks ago as a returning player asking about world progression and you guys helped greatly, so thank you!

This post, however, is different. You see, I took advantage of the membership-only free training points buy back so I could fix my deck up a bit. I am currently a level 55 Death wizard currently questing through Wintertusk. (Okay, I lied, I am actually 54 but I am about to level up. Lol)

After I finish up Wintertusk (Which has insane Exp. gains! Like, wow.), I plan on moving on to Celestia which I've heard begins your introduction to Astral spells, which I have NO IDEA how they work tbh.

I've already got back up to Tower Shield but I was wondering if I needed anything else? When I first played through I got the Spirit Blades and Spirit Traps and they were very helpful for a while. But as soon as I entered like mid Dragonspyre I noticed I wasn't really using them as often. Is that normal for other Death wizards too or is that just me? I feel like the main problems is that they use up a pip which is pretty important later on.

Also, I'd appreciate some help with what Astral spells I should be going for... I've heard the attack boosting ones like Sun I beleive were essential to all wizards, but I'm not very knowledgable, lol.

~Noah DeathWhisper
The damage boosting sun spells are essential to all wizards

Star spells, pick and choose the ones you like for your game style but remember they're easily available as TC so you might like to experiment with the TC before choosing...or stick to using TC versions for now since they are often boosted.

Moon spells - hahahahahaha...just no!

Spirit blades and traps for a death wizard - yes, yes, yes!

Elemental blades for a death wizard - yes! These are very useful when acting as support to a storm or fire hitter!

This is how I did it on my death and what I found useful...I hope it helps!

Survivor
Jan 26, 2018
springlocked on Nov 21, 2018 wrote:

~Noah DeathWhisper
Buy your way up to feint in death, and satyr in life if needed.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Firstly,

Let me congratulate you on heeding advice and attacking Wintertusk head on before moving to Celestia.
Be sure to craft your level 56+ gear once you've access to Sudrilund!

Now, onto the issue at hand.

has a little more of a leeway when using their training points. Necromancers already save a at least 7-10 since Feint is free and a healing spell is not necessary to learn, unlike other schools.

That being said and also, since you've wisely gone ahead to and picked up Tower Shield, you can also:

Pick up the Spiritual Blade - Believe me, the spell is still extremely useful and handy to have, especially when you're introduced to the to Sharpen Blade, a spell you'll learn in Azteca.
So yes, pick it up if you haven't already; what's not necessary are the traps.

Reshuffle - Pick the spell up in Colossus Boulevard.

Spells - Spell are one of the astral spells introduced to you in Celestia. You may have seen enemies using them in Wintertusk. The spells are aura based lasting a total of four turns providing varying battle effects depending on the spell you use.
Now, there are quite a few spells there, so I will highlight the ones I believe would be of the most use.

Fortify - Defending (Blue) Aura providing 15% resists for four turns; Ideally for longer battles, the spell can be the most beneficial when preparing for a hit.

Amplify - Offensive (Red) Aura providing 15% damage for four turns. Excellent spell here for ideally mob battles and when you're about to hit.

Berserk - A spell many shy away from, it's an light red aura providing 30% outgoing damage but attracts a 40% incoming damage; The spell requires some level of skill and resists to use properly and if applied in these settings, can easily replace and yield better results than Amplify.

More to come...

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Spells

spells provide wizards to polymorph or transform into creatures for a six turn total temporarily gaining their attributes along with their spells. While the description may sound a bit appealing, I caution you to avoid this school completely. The creatures aren't worth it. You're better off sticking to your own self and your own spells.

A personal favorite of mine, the sun school has spells which allows you to enchant your cards before using them in battle.

So, in essence, these spells can provide your normal spells with more:
- Damage Boost
- Accuracy/Pierce Boost
- Healing Boost
- Pip Reduction (Retired)

As a necromancer, I can't stress enough how pertinent gaining these spells are! Since half of our spells are already below the regular damage threshold, the sun spells can greatly assist with that.

Now, on to how they work.

The damage boosting spells such as Tough, Giant, Monstrous etc. adds damage equal to the amount stated on the card to your hitting spells and a certain amount to your drain spells. The idea here is to place these cards in your deck and when they appear (which should be often), you click on the sun spell, then you click on the spell you want to increase the damage and that spell should now be temporarily transformed into a golden sheen displaying it's new damage.

As I eluded to earlier, you will want to place multiple copies of these spells within your deck as often times, these enchanted spells can make huge differences in the damage you do in battles!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Here, I'll discuss the remaining types of Spells.

Accuracy Spells

The accuracy spells usually have the effect of providing pierce % to your cards as well. As a , you don't need any of these spells.

Healing Boost Spells

These spells provide a boost in spells. Theurgist will benefit the most here. As for you, these spells are not necessary.

Now,

It is important to note that only one enchant can be used on a spell at a time!

Enchanting a spell is also another clever way of drawing Treasure Cards from your deck.

The latter sun spells such as Sharpened Blade (increases blade damage %), can be stacked with regular blade also and Potent Trap which is important to get as it has similar effects on traps.

When the sun spell is used on another card, it will be discarded (which is why multiple copies are necessary) and also why you're able to draw TC's.

The later sun spells are not only level locked, but also quest locked; meaning, you'll have to complete a series (not only one) of side quests in order to gain access to them. Keep in mind that these side quests begin as early as Celestia; which is why Side Content is so important to stay abreast of!

P.S - You can visit Celestia and learn the first series of & Spells. Just complete the first couple introductory quests in the world and you should be introduced to the trainers.

Post if you've anymore queries.

Good Luck!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I agree entirely with what Victoria said, great advice there.

Sun damage enchantments are crucial, as she and Edward advised.

I'll just add for consideration that Ice to Tower (which you already have) is almost essential if you are going to PvP but not needed for questing. I don't bother training it anymore except on my arena wizards. For PvE you rarely want shields, and usually are better off with school specific ones for the few times you do.

I also like having the healing boost personally, but only use it when I support other players. Playing solo on Death, health drains are generally enough healing for me.