Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What spell do you think is best?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Honestly I think dragon is best (possibly because I'm a pyromancer who is not a legendary yet, getting close though) but I think its best because it can do a heck of a lot of damage if used correctly. I've gotten dragon, without using feints, up to 1,500+ for the first hit and then about 300+ for every hit after that, and they weren't ice. I know storm lord and the legendary storm can do more in one hit but i think dragon has better long term effects.

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
Well the best spell for any school is their rank 7 or 8 spell because of power pips, but if you mean best spell not counting power pips i would say: the scarecrow! I have a grandmaster balance, myth, storm, and death so i've formulated a pretty good idea

Hope that helped ;)

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
... Best for what? Best for defence (ice armor)? Best for offense (leviathan)? Best for preventing the enemy from moving (storm lord/frost giant)? Best for healing (dryad)? Best for lowering enemy damage (efreet)? Best for drawing aggro (mega-taunt)? Best for surviving through damage (scarecrow)? Best damage over time (heckhound)? Best prism (undecided)? Best AOE (forest lord)?

There's a lot of "best" areas. Just saying "best" without defining anything makes it quite difficult to give any single answer.

Survivor
May 19, 2010
How do you mean by the best? best damage?, best design?, best beauty?

I'm favouring the Snow Angel for beauty, its one of the most beautiful spells in the game.
And for design I'd have to go with Ra, its just that cool.
Oh, and cuteness, can't forget about the cuddly spells. My vote would be for Forest Lord, for being the lvl 58 life spell, I think they could have worked a lot harder on its design, its just too cute to be a forest lord.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2010
I'd have to say skeletal dragon because its just so powerful.

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Link is without a doubt the best spell.

Can be cast with a single power pip for decent dmg.

Removes 3 shields.

With 82% healing boost is actually does decent healing.

Can be boosted with gargantuan even though it's also a healing spell like no other healing spells can.

Removes infection and weakness at very low cost with the added bonus of all the above.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2008
RedWolff wrote:
Honestly I think dragon is best (possibly because I'm a pyromancer who is not a legendary yet, getting close though) but I think its best because it can do a heck of a lot of damage if used correctly. I've gotten dragon, without using feints, up to 1,500+ for the first hit and then about 300+ for every hit after that, and they weren't ice. I know storm lord and the legendary storm can do more in one hit but i think dragon has better long term effects.
i think the 2 best are skeletal dragon and leviathan do the most damage out of all them

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Can be boosted with gargantuan even though it's also a healing spell like no other healing spells can.

Hmm, didn't know that. Any other Necromancers a little ticked on how little worthwhile death spells can get Gargantuan?

Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
Defender
Apr 30, 2010
Phoenix2891 wrote:
How do you mean by the best? best damage?, best design?, best beauty?

I'm favouring the Snow Angel for beauty, its one of the most beautiful spells in the game.
And for design I'd have to go with Ra, its just that cool.
Oh, and cuteness, can't forget about the cuddly spells. My vote would be for Forest Lord, for being the lvl 58 life spell, I think they could have worked a lot harder on its design, its just too cute to be a forest lord.

I mean anything by best, its a genearl topic, which spell do you think is the best? I'm not being specific because i want you to answer with which spell you think is best, whether its stats or pretty or anything really.