Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What scares you the most in Wizard101?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 09, 2014
Sup. Dakota Here!
* Takes deep breath....*
I'm interested is what scares you little tykes to teenagers to adults playing with your kids in Wizard101.* Exhales *
And, when I say scared, I mean things in the game that you fear you'll have to do. (I have like this 6th sense that allows me to sense Defeat And Collect Quests coming, and that's when I get my diaper ready in case I literally get the poo scared out of me. See you guys in game!

-Dakota ShadowForge

Survivor
Sep 07, 2012
I too hate Defeat and Collect quests. They take me forever and I barely breath hoping that the enemy will drop what I want. Once, I spent all day trying to get a sword from skeletons in Fire Cat Alley. All day.

-Moira Sandriver Level 74 (and 1/2)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
worst fear: knowing that i have to farm some ridiculous dungeon over and over again, just to get gear that's required for basic survival in future worlds.

here is von's thought process, upon finishing a successful darkmoor run:

"omg i finally got my (insert gear here) after like 6 months of farming jdjdjdkfl,fl,f lyk omg omg !!!!!!one!!!"

(a few moments later...)

"...that means i only have to do this 42347895 trillion more times before i get my gear..."

*le sigh/sense of overwhelming dread*

that place only kills brain cells and causes me extreme stress/puts me in an otherwise-terrible mood.

-von

Survivor
Jul 11, 2010
Dr Von on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
worst fear: knowing that i have to farm some ridiculous dungeon over and over again, just to get gear that's required for basic survival in future worlds.

here is von's thought process, upon finishing a successful darkmoor run:

"omg i finally got my (insert gear here) after like 6 months of farming jdjdjdkfl,fl,f lyk omg omg !!!!!!one!!!"

(a few moments later...)

"...that means i only have to do this 42347895 trillion more times before i get my gear..."

*le sigh/sense of overwhelming dread*

that place only kills brain cells and causes me extreme stress/puts me in an otherwise-terrible mood.

-von
This. Right here.

Yes, and its even worse when you make more than one wizard and have to go through this process again. I mean
some characters have much more luck than others but still. ._.

Like literally don't even bother with getting gear in the
bazaar after lvl 50-58, even then you could wait for waterworks. Which brings us back to this point:

-Time wasting dungeons for good gear, and then not get the gear.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Defeat and collect quests are ok. But what I really hate are dungeons. I always get scared that I'll have to quit in the middle of it for some reason, or that the internet stops working, or that it'll just be too hard for me that I have to do really boring side quests just to level up, or that It'll take so long that I have to quit, etc etc etc.

Why?

Because they've all happened before >_>

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I fear that I will wake up to discover Wizard 101 was just a really awesome, fun dream! That would be very scary indeed.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2012
I fear Zafaria. I am on it right now and I hate it. I think I might have killed all of the Lions in the world by now.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Little Dragon Spar... on Jun 3, 2015 wrote:
Defeat and collect quests are ok. But what I really hate are dungeons. I always get scared that I'll have to quit in the middle of it for some reason, or that the internet stops working, or that it'll just be too hard for me that I have to do really boring side quests just to level up, or that It'll take so long that I have to quit, etc etc etc.

Why?

Because they've all happened before >_>
I get scared when I don't get blocked.

-Colin Stormslinger Lvl 83

Survivor
Jun 15, 2013
When a boss criticals and i'm on my last dying breath just before i heal and...

I don't hear or see the ''critical block'' noise behind me

-Talon Shadowwraith

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Dakota ShadowForge on May 25, 2015 wrote:
Sup. Dakota Here!
* Takes deep breath....*
I'm interested is what scares you little tykes to teenagers to adults playing with your kids in Wizard101.* Exhales *
And, when I say scared, I mean things in the game that you fear you'll have to do. (I have like this 6th sense that allows me to sense Defeat And Collect Quests coming, and that's when I get my diaper ready in case I literally get the poo scared out of me. See you guys in game!

-Dakota ShadowForge
Do something with Savarstaad's Webwood or the Cave of Solitude or the Crystal Grove where I have to be near Spiders. Those terrifying Spiders!

David Thundermancer 56

Survivor
Mar 09, 2014
NeoNebula17 on Jun 12, 2015 wrote:
Do something with Savarstaad's Webwood or the Cave of Solitude or the Crystal Grove where I have to be near Spiders. Those terrifying Spiders!

David Thundermancer 56
I like the honesty, Neon. Same goes for you all.

Dr. Von, A few months ago, i read your farewell letter. I did not expect you to return. You might leave again because of Darkmoor XD

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
I procrastinate when it comes to defeating a fire boss that's not in wizard city.
Why?
Fire bats or ash bats.

Explorer
Jun 26, 2012
Darkmoor and Morganthe farming

Sean Firesword Exalted
Sean Stormsword Exalted

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Not being able to play that's a terrifying thought.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Nothing. Ever.

I tackle every challenge with fierce confidence and never fail. Didn't get that Malistaire gear? Again! Again! I laugh at defeat and didn't collect quests, it only adds to my "defeat X enemies" badges. If anyone asks a favor of me in game, I puff out my chest and teleport to the rescue. I cannot be exhausted in this game.

Explorer
Oct 11, 2010
What scares me the most is solo dungeons. I hate doing stuff alone...

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
My school (balance) is more of a supportive school, and I've been questing with friends for the past few weeks because it's gotten too hard for me to solo, and my fear is that I might have to start soloing stuff again- I mean I can work with mobs, but bosses with around 20,000 health? I can't solo those, and I'm afraid that I might have to.

Well that and having to farm dungeons.

Tavia Dragonsong, level 85

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
ecci the cat on Jun 16, 2015 wrote:
My school (balance) is more of a supportive school, and I've been questing with friends for the past few weeks because it's gotten too hard for me to solo, and my fear is that I might have to start soloing stuff again- I mean I can work with mobs, but bosses with around 20,000 health? I can't solo those, and I'm afraid that I might have to.

Well that and having to farm dungeons.

Tavia Dragonsong, level 85
You never have to farm dungeons. There are sometimes nice rewards for doing so, but the best way to approach that is with a group of nice people. If you do it at your own pace, without too much expectation, it can be fun and not feel like work. Friends make everything better. Players burn out when the get a mindset that "I HAVE to get X" then stress out if they don't. Relax, take it slow,

As far as solos, you are pretty much in luck. There are only a few solo quests in KR, and none of them have super high boss health. As Balance you can use your heal over time to keep health up while buffing, and don't overlook using extra buffs from treasure cards, pets, or gear for those times you need a really big hit.

There's one special area where you'll play as a mid-level Necromancer (crazy as that sounds). I don't want to give spoilers if you aren't there yet, but I'd suggest getting to know basic Death school spells a bit if you have never played it. If you have, that quest will be easy, and a fun bit of nostalgia.

Other than that, and a few fights right at the start of KR, all the new high level content can be done with a team.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Dakota ShadowForge on Jun 15, 2015 wrote:
I like the honesty, Neon. Same goes for you all.

Dr. Von, A few months ago, i read your farewell letter. I did not expect you to return. You might leave again because of Darkmoor XD
yes, i cancelled my memberships and came back as a crowns player on my primary account.

as much as the instance length, horrible drop rate. and cheats irritate me, darkmoor is one of my favourite worlds. the story is well-written, the music and design are beautiful, and that cut-scene is all the wizard feels.

(every time i mention leaving for good, ki brings him back. perhaps they know that, if both mally and i are gone forever, there will be no one left to entertain them lol)

but, when all is said and done, the reason i keep coming back is because of the friends i've made here. i've met some wonderful people over the past 4 years. and the day they all leave is the day there is truly nothing left for me here.

-von

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Defeat and collect quest, and dying right before defeating a boss.

Explorer
Oct 07, 2010
Waterworks farming.
I am in Avalon and still stick to celestia gear

Defender
May 16, 2009
While playing on my storm, anytime I have to solo a boss in Avalon or a higher level world.

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
Every time I have to do Big Ben.

And I guess I should clarify, it's not Big Ben itself that makes me cringe - its the two quests I need to do to get into Big Ben that make me cry.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2011
Being scared of having to farm a dungeon to get gear? Maybe don't play a mmorpg.

I'm scared of having to solo as storm in Khrysalis coming up :-(!

Explorer
Sep 20, 2011
the worse for me is trying to log on in game and find out that is off for maintainance XD

Also questing and farming