Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What pack is best for me?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 24, 2015
I now have a level nine life wizard and i got some crowns from the winter bane bundle and i was wondering which pack is best for life. I really like pets and mounts but gear is nice too. And i'm gonna wait until i level up some more to buy the packs obviously and anyone who is reading this if you have any spare treasure cards I'd really appreciate it! I'm trying to get some gold to buy a permanent mount and i want a good pet. My name is Nicole Summerglade. Thanks for reading this!

Defender
Oct 04, 2010
nicoleisnotcold on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
I now have a level nine life wizard and i got some crowns from the winter bane bundle and i was wondering which pack is best for life. I really like pets and mounts but gear is nice too. And i'm gonna wait until i level up some more to buy the packs obviously and anyone who is reading this if you have any spare treasure cards I'd really appreciate it! I'm trying to get some gold to buy a permanent mount and i want a good pet. My name is Nicole Summerglade. Thanks for reading this!
I would recommend Keeper's Lore Pack for life, it drops Jade gear and the Luminous weaver spell. Also the Emberstone Tiger which looks really nice.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Item:Keeper's_Lore_Pack <--- Keeper's Lore pack

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Luminous_Weaver <--- Luminous Weaver spell

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Emberstone_Tiger <--- Emberstone Tiger pet

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I would suggest waiting until they have a sale on packs to get the most of your crowns.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008
Keeper's lore pack for jade as defense, popular for many life wizards.

However, at your level of 9, the jade gear is probably worse than the average gear from other packs. I think you should wait until at very least level 70 for jade, and buy winterland packs for life damage gear next time it stops by the spiral.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
nicoleisnotcold on Mar 25, 2015 wrote:
why not use the winterbane gear you got with your bundle and save your crowns for other stuff?

since you are new, i would also like to point out that begging (asking people to give you items that you are capable of earning on your own) is highly frowned upon. complete your quests and level your wizard in order to earn gold (as well as drops that you can sell, since value of drops increases with level).

hope this helps,

-von

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Don't buy packs now. The odds of getting something good are low, and at your level you'll outgrow it very quickly. You're much better off investing in something you'll keep using. Save your crowns for later, or buy plant seeds to get gold and pet snacks. a wand that gives a pip (Ascendant staff or Bolt Blade) for faster questing, or buy areas if you don't have a sub.