Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what minions are all about

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
what are minions all about because I have a lot of posts but people are saying they useless and I just wondering how they help you. storm elemental helps by protecting you, minotaur helps by protecting you, ice guardian helps by protecting you. what all the other minions help you win fights in Azteca and higher worlds because I falling behind a lot as a myth wizard when I use myth minions to help me in battle and the other spells they have are nothing special please tell me how they all work please.

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Actually, minions can't really help you in Azteca. I'd say the cut off for using them is the end of Mooshu or the end of Dragonspyre for myth (since they have stronger minions).

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
that's sad because minions like talos in Azteca should be great for myth since there a minion school developers can you tell me what should I do with minions for then abandon it entirely. what benefits can I use them for like cyclops talos troll just tell me because myth is not succeeding like the other classes in solo anymore

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
Daniel BattleLeaf on Apr 24, 2017 wrote:
Actually, minions can't really help you in Azteca. I'd say the cut off for using them is the end of Mooshu or the end of Dragonspyre for myth (since they have stronger minions).
I have to disagree somewhat...I still use my minion in boss fights, depending on the style of the boss.

The blade, trap and destroy type bosses are definitely not minion friendly (as the minions will blow up your traps before you can stack them).

The bosses that are best dealt with by a whittling down type approach are easier to defeat when adding a minion to the fray. They can also draw some of the fire so you don't get hit as often.

Also, now with monstrology you can get much better than the class based minions and further get the right minion to take on the boss...IE ice based creature for fire boss, etc. I have found a number of the undead dinosaurs in Azteca especially useful as minions, and the best part is all you have to do is collect animus as you finish the various quests to get enough to have minions to use when needed.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Minions can be useful, but only when you know how and when to use them. The only way for you to learn that is through experience: trial and error.

I have a level 74 Myth who is just finishing Zafaria. In two different street battles against Death mobs today, I used Talos for one battle and the 0-pip Puppet for the other. Both of these minions are equipped in my current "Main" spelldeck, which means I DO use them at times, even at level 74.

Talos battle:
1) I cast a wand spell to remove a weakness, 0 pips.
2) Summon Talos for 5 pips
3) Cast a Myth bubble for 2 pips; Talos put a 35% Myth blade on me
4) I cast a 40% Myth blade on myself, 0 pips; Talos hit both mobs with a frog for about 400 damage
5) I cast a Frog that went critical and took out both mobs, 4 pips.

Talos helped me by weakening both and putting that blade on me. It was a very short battle.

Puppet battle:
Due to me having a bad selection of cards at the start, I summoned the 0-pip puppet on the first turn. While he chipped away at one of the mobs (both Death, both with 2900 health), I charged pips for Orthrus, hit and killed a mob, healed, then charged for a Basilisk. In that time, the puppet chipped away 900 health from the other mob.

The puppet helped me by dealing 900 damage for 0 pips.

Would I use the puppet in a boss battle? No. Except... against Ice or Myth, he can be useful in taking out shields.
Would I use Talos in a boss battle...? Maybe. He can be useful if I need breathing room, or if summoned very early in battle.

I also fought several street battles and one boss battle today without either of the minions and did just fine 'soloing.' I don't need or ever rely upon them, but sometimes these two particular minions are useful.

Alia Misthaven
Emma Ravensong, 74