Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What makes a full dungeon?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 11, 2010
What makes a full dungeon?
Example: I was on my storm doing the ironworks. One of my other friends was doing it too, with me. Made an idea that his storm wizard could gain xp from the quests, but still be on the wizard he is on. So while we were doing this, 2 of his friends came, but didn't stay. When he logged on his other wizard for the xp, it said a "Your friend is in a full dungeon". But I was the only one there. This annoys me how it says a full duneon when there's only 2 wizards in the entire dungeon.
Anyone else have the same problem somewhere else?

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
A dungeon can accomodate 4 wizards.
The dungeon instance preserves the dungeon for the first 4 wizards that enter, regardless of how long they stay. When someone "ports out" or dies/flees in a battle the game still "saves" their place in the dungeon for up to 30 minutes in case they choose to return.

I believe that in any of the following cases:
after they have been gone from the dungeon for 30 minutes,
If the exit the dungeon through the "front Door",
Or they log off and quit Wizard101, (not verified by me)

Then their "slot" in the dungeon will be freed up for someone else to join\port in. (If the dungeon allows porting in)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
My understanding is that if a wizard flees, is defeated in, or disconnects from, a dungeon (or instance), his/her space is held until:

1) The dungeon is finished, and all wizards have left, in which case it's gone anyway.

2) A certain amount of time passes; this varies per dungeon. It's usually at least 10 minutes and usually doesn't end if any wizards who went in are still in the dungeon.

3) The wizard enters a different dungeon or enters the same dungeon with others (which creates a new dungeon/instance).