Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is this thing that happens?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 22, 2011

I have a level 11 balance wizard, and on level 7ish, I got a quest to go to the commons fountain. When I did, a girl appeared. The same kind of thing happened to my brother. He is a level 13 fire and he had a fire snake talk to him in Cyclops lane. And on my level 33 storm, a storm bird talked to me in Krokatopia. Can anyone tell me what this is?

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
If you were paying attention to the quest dialog, then you would already have your answer. You are learning how to call upon these people and creatures in order to cast them in spells. They appear and talk to you the first time you follow your teacher's instructions and summon them.

Don't just zip through the dialog, actually listen to what the NPCs tell you. Otherwise, you might miss some very important information.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Jul 20, 2011
When you get a quest to learn a new spell, you usually summon the creature for your school or that spell. the creature will give you its blessing or a phrase you must use to learn the spell. Typically, The creature will appear and talk to you, give you its blessing, then you can go back to your teacher to learn said spell.

Morgan DawnRider- 125 Pyromancer

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Brooke NightGem on Jan 7, 2018 wrote:

I have a level 11 balance wizard, and on level 7ish, I got a quest to go to the commons fountain. When I did, a girl appeared. The same kind of thing happened to my brother. He is a level 13 fire and he had a fire snake talk to him in Cyclops lane. And on my level 33 storm, a storm bird talked to me in Krokatopia. Can anyone tell me what this is?
These are the spirits representing your class. If you paid attention to the dialogue, you would know that they were either welcoming you to your class or giving you power words for your next spell.