Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

what is the strongest spell in the game?

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 01, 2010
onemantogo wrote:
niyadjahan wrote:
title says it all i think the strongest spell in the game is either heckhound or judgement so let me ask you, what spell do you think is the strongest spell in game?

-blaze duskstone legendary conjurer

There's no 'Strongest Spell' in wizard101. It's how much you buff up the spell with your gear, charms, traps, etc.

though, he is asking an opinion, not about numbers.

but mine is efreet because it is so versatile

Survivor
Feb 27, 2010
Ricky3333 wrote:
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:
Heck Hound, Doing a whooping 120 Damage per pip, more than balances judgement

Close. Last I checked, it does 130 per pip. Might be wrong though. As for the question, there's no "strongest" spell. It all depends on your strategy and school.

Timothy LegendSword
Legendary Pyromancer
I don't understand why we all cant settle that tempest is the strongest attacking all enimies and judgment attacking one single enemy ...

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
blaze552563 wrote:
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:

it does 130 per pip

i say leviathan is literally strongest attack
skeletal dragon is 2nd
efreet is 3rd

on single per pip attacks
1st heckhound
2nd stormhoun
3rd ice hound
4th judgement

on all per pip attacks
1st tempest
2nd none
3rdnone
4th none

That's actually the best look on on this thread because you haven't just chosen you're school's level 58 spell, you thought about what is what. But on strongest attack I think Efreet is, because it doesn't just do damage, it does a add-on to the damage.
akifoniq99 wrote:
Medusa :-)

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 Conjurer
Waterworks warrior

Why? Because it was you're school's L58 spell? Sorry, but from that, you're judging on you're school.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Whitebeard1 wrote:
akifoniq99 wrote:
Medusa :-)

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 Conjurer
Waterworks warrior

Why? Because it was you're school's L58 spell? Sorry, but from that, you're judging on you're school.

every spell has its tatical advatages, like efreet does 890 damage, and puts basically a global dispel on your enemy. medusa, does what 700-800 damage and stuns for two rounds, suiting myths, so they can prepare for their next attack. (just reciting the level 58 spells) snow angel, can shred through traps, and as many thaumatuges (sry if i spelled wrong) proven, it can really pack a punch. life has its firs aoe, which paired up with a blade and/or trap, can be really deadly, death has its first really hard hitting spell, a change from the usual. and storms leviathan, if it doesnt kill, then it will remove the last two blades put on.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
akifoniq99 wrote:
Medusa :D

Luke ThunderShade
Level 60 Conjurer
Waterworks Warrior
are you just saying that only because you myth?

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
MasterKhalil12 wrote:
Ricky3333 wrote:
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:

Close. Last I checked, it does 130 per pip. Might be wrong though. As for the question, there's no "strongest" spell. It all depends on your strategy and school.

Timothy LegendSword
Legendary Pyromancer
I don't understand why we all cant settle that tempest is the strongest attacking all enimies and judgment attacking one single enemy ...
because tempest does 80 damage per pip, weaker than heckhound and judgement

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
MasterKhalil12 wrote:
Judgment, and I'm not just saying that cause I am balance! Its just that judgement attacks 100 per pip and heck hound does 135 I think per pip.
Judgement can attack very quickly I hit critical with a few shields and it did 13,780 damage. Hard to believe right? So if u hit critical with heck hound heck hound is over time like u could just put a -80, -70, -50 fire shield and it wont do much.

The Balance Wizard
Jason ShadowBlade level 50

If you don't get it I always come to the message boards before logging on to wizard101

I can't tell ya how many times a sorcerer beat me in pvp because of judgement.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Judgement, as it can use do a little damage to break shields or 1400 max base damage for an awesome main attack! Judgement can do as much (or as little) damage as you want it to. Go Judgement! But don't fear the reaper. Actually, do fear the reaper, Wraith can be kind of harsh.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
Hi, i have my top ten most powerful spells in the game.

1. Judgement
2. Tempest
3. Heckhound
4. Leviathan
5. Efreet
6. Skeletal Dragon
7. Forest Lord
8. Scarecrow
9. Storm Lord
10. Fire Dragon

Colin SwiftCaster, Level 60 Death

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Ya me too niyadjahan i think it is heckhound or judgement too but judgement attacks there right and then while you wait for heckhound but it does take of shield the first round with first attack.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Defender
Jul 10, 2009
and guys, along with your strongest spell, you have to tell why you think it's the strongest spell. forgot to mention that

-Blaze Duskstone Legendary Conjurer

Survivor
Jun 02, 2011
Actully, i once saw a level 60 person cast this storm wyvern dragon whatever no traps or charms but it normally cast 1100 hit points i was like WOW!

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
ilovecats32 wrote:
Actully, i once saw a level 60 person cast this storm wyvern dragon whatever no traps or charms but it normally cast 1100 hit points i was like WOW!

The only thing I can think of that you are talking about is the Squall Wyvern. Which does as much as the Fire Wyvern, which both do less than the Ice wyvern. And i'm talking about the treasure cards here. Sounds like you got hit with a one hit crit on a 3pip spell. Don't you just love that?

Something I'll add that I dont think i've seen anyone mention is the Fire treasure card Scarecrow...or something like that. 2 Pips, 275 base fire damage. Not huge numbers, but a 2pip card doing nearly 300 damage with a higher percent accuracy than the fizzbats is definitely a winner in my book. Especially if you've just used all your pips on a Heck hound, and have an extra fireblade or some method of boosting. But thats just me.

On a "I'm very deep because I look past numbers" level, Reshuffle may be the strongest, if not the most versatile. It can make or a break your duel, not doubting that.

Oh, and serious props to the post about and gloom. So many people hate on it because it can be easily countered in your typical meta-game tourney pvp. But thats not the only part to the game, so to automatically throw it out is ignorant.

Its consistency that wins duels.
Well, second to gear, which seems second to pets these days.

Explorer
Sep 03, 2009
blaze552563 wrote:
SuperSaiyan5000 wrote:

it does 130 per pip

i say leviathan is literally strongest attack
skeletal dragon is 2nd
efreet is 3rd

on single per pip attacks
1st heckhound
2nd stormhoun
3rd ice hound
4th judgement

on all per pip attacks
1st tempest
2nd none
3rdnone
4th none
Ok first off Efreet is wayyyyyyy more powerful then skeletal dragon, second ( even though im a fire wizard) storm hound is better then heckhound because storm has better critical and better attack rating so with all that gear storm hound is way better then heckhound

~~~~~Alex Soulhaven Level 60 Pyromancer~~~~~~~~~~ "If you mess with fire you're gonna get burned"

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
niyadjahan wrote:
title says it all i think the strongest spell in the game is either heckhound or judgement so let me ask you, what spell do you think is the strongest spell in game?

-blaze duskstone legendary conjurer

Each school, when used properly, has spells that can have massive hits. It all depends on your charms/blades, etc. Using a charm, blade, balance charms, balance blades and feint will make any spell stronger. There is no "strongest spell."

Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
To properly Judge which spell is stongest you have to cast them at minimum required pips no boosts and at same time take into account if one spell can be cast multiple times like that versus 1 cast of another if so add the spell that can be cast multi times damage together.

That's for attack spells.

But i agree with person who said reshuffle.

Especially since the trend among alot of damage class wizards is to dup cards looking for that big spell to try and 1 shot the opposing player/monster.
Many of time this is done and the phrase im out of cards has been seen and mob being fought is not dead.

So I vote reshuffle as well.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
onemantogo wrote:
Heckhound or Judgement or Tempest according to your pips/power pips.
Heckhound hits 30 more than judgement and Tempest is 20 hit shorter than judgement

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Delver
Aug 30, 2011
For healing I would say full-pip dryad. For shielding and defense, tower shield for multipurpose, specific shields for certain attacks. For attack and inflicting damage, I would say Triton. I was gonna say wild bolt but since they edited the spell and made it (probably) weaker it doesn't really count for certain damage, the same with Insane Bolt, it might end up hitting you than the enemy.

Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
scotttttttttt wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:
Reshuffle
Reshuffle does not attack

nobody asked about the strongest attack in the game.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
scotttttttttt wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:
Reshuffle
Reshuffle does not attack

The question was not "what is the strongest attack spell."
Reshuffle is very strong, especially later on once you hit Mooshoo and beyond. It can mean the difference between life and death. Literally.

Survivor
Sep 21, 2008
Defender
Mar 06, 2010
Actually i believe that it depends. Heckhound deals the most base damage if used by a fire wizard at full power pips, but it deals damage over time which is hard to boost. Judgement does the second most base damage if used by a balance wizard with full power pips and does this in one hit but there are not as many boosts you can use on it. Leviathan, however, does not do as much base damage but has lots of boosts you can use on it and it attacks with one hit. Overall i believe that Leviathan is the strongest overall.

Adherent
May 20, 2010