Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is the point of levle 56 crafted gear?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

So with the release of wintertusk, grandmaster artisans all over the spiral had their eyes peeled for new stuff to craft.

There is a whole new set of gear that can be crafted from wintertusk. However, the stats are a big fat joke. I mean seriously, it's suppose to be levle 56 but CL gear is way better and Waterworks gear is by far the best.

I was enthuisatic about crafting the new gear but its a waste of time, gold and reagents.

So far the best gear is waterworks gear for all school. I think they should have just add resist to the Cl crafted gear and forget about Wintertusk's.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Nico,

Have you seriously looked at the crafted gear? I don't think you have, because if you did, then you would realize that the Hats are very good, so is the athame and ring!

Then if you craft amulets, they give more health than what is found as drops or at the bazaar!

Also, check out the wands, I know 2 of them that are worth the effort!

Seriously, take a better look, because I have no idea what you are seeing!

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I can see your point, and at first I thought sort of the same way. However, after looking at some of the gear and some of the level 60 gear, I'm seeing a different picture now. The new gear is better in some areas like giving all resist and all critical, and some of the spell cards attached to it are awesome.

I think now it is much more possible to customize your wizard to your fighting style or even different fighting styles for the strengths of your wizard. Some people want more critial hit or critical block, others want more pips or more resistance to all. The new gear, both the crafted WT items and the level 60 gear give you chance to mix and match for something that works well for you. It will take some experimenting to see what is best. And you can always go for a straight line all level 60 gear, again it's what works for you and your fighting style. You may even wish to keep an assortment and change out gear depending on who you are fighting (MOB vs, Bosses, I'm not even going to get into PVP).

Right now my wizards are running a mix of level 55 crafted gear, level 58 gear, WT crafted gear and level 60 gear. I only have one wizard that has all her level 60 gear, but right now, even she is running with a mix of gear. It's up to you which way you choose to go. This just gives us lots of options.

Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
ring and athame are great for my balance wizard, got my attack up to 71 and my block up to 75 with over 3500 health and 96 % pip chance. great additions Kingsile... ;)

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I'm very pleased with the level 56 crafted hat, robe, and boots for my Theurgist. I was going to craft level 55 gear for her, but decided not to when I saw the new Wintertusk recipes. Health boost, resist, critical damage and block, power pips, AND a spell card in each piece?!?!?!? It's awesome stats AND looks good!

Honestly, I prefer the level 56 crafted gear to the level 60 gear dropped in the Waterworks. Heck, my Pyromancer's level 55 crafted gear is as good as the level 60 gear. I have no desire to farm the Waterworks for anything :-)

Thanks, KI, for delivering what artisans will work hard to craft!

Iridian/Scarlet

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
I went with the crafted gear over the lvl 60 waterworks equipment for my wizards and have no regrets.

Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong –lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong –lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong –lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong –lvl 60 Ice

Community Leader

I have been crafting for the last 3 days trying to get all my wizards with new stats and looks for 2011. The stats of the newest gear in Wintertusk awesome, reminds me of the old crowned gear stats but with critical ratings. :-D If you mix like I did robe with some other means to keep accuracy up it even becomes better than old crowned gear. The looks are pleasing too.

Thank you KI.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

I am inclined to believe that we are not talking about the same gear. While you certainly can mix and match gear to suit your fighting style or the situation, that was not the point of this thread.

Wintertusk have new gear that can be crafted however, I am of the view that crafting these gear; robes, hats and boots, are a classic waste of resources. I am sure that most people will agree with me that the level 55 Cl crafted boots held no appeal to them because the level 58 ones were far better. It's the same thing with WT crafted gear vs the other gears.

One could also agree with me that the level 55 crafted Cl hats and boots are by far the best before WT the only flaw is that they did not have any resist. I will even go so far as to say if universal resist were to be added to these level 55 CL gear then they would be WAY better than any gear currently in the game.

So lets look at a comparison of the WT crafted gear vs the other gears

Wintertusk

FIRE SET
Blazing Chieftain's Helm, Chief's Garb of Flames, Boots of Wyldfire
+650 Health
+16% General Resist
+16% Fire Accuracy
+112 Fire Critical Rating
+28 General Block Rating
+47% Fire Damage
+5% Healing Boost
+1 Fireblade (+40% to Next Fire Spell)
+1 Fire Trap (+35% to Next Fire Spell)
+1 Wyldfire (+35% to All Fire Spells)

Waterworks

FIRE SET
Firestarter's Hood, Firestarter's Cape, Firestarter's Boots
+700 Health
+29% General Resist
+19% Fire Accuracy
+114 Fire Critical Rating
+40 General Block Rating
+48% Fire Damage
+15% Healing Boost

Celestia Level 58

FIRE SET
Volatile Vestment, Headdress of Dragon Fire, Dragonstalkers
+612 Health
+36% Ice and Storm Resist
+19% Fire Accuracy
+30 General Critical Rating
+30 General Block Rating
+46% Fire Damage

Now looking at these stats, you can clearly see that the waterworks gear is better in every area that you look at. The only thing about the crafted gear is that hey give cards. The only school that can have fun in mixing and matching gear is ICE since they get good stats on their gear in terms of resist and health.

If you were to compare the level 58 to the level 55 crafted then you'll have noticed that the level 58 had resist while the level 55 had massive critical. Now with the level 56 vs the level 60, the only advantage that the levle 56 have is the card that comes with each piece of gear.

I haven't checked out the rings and athames but i guess anything would be better than the cosmic Kris and stellar signet.

I am still maintaining that the level 56 gear is a waste of resources. Give it more health or more resist or more critical or something that gives us a slight edge over the other players who neglect to craft. But as of now I don't see how a player decked out in full crafted level 56 gear can compare to a player who have full waterworks gear. I simply can't see it.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Nico,

I assume that you don't realize that the card the new gear gives is able to be used with treasure cards.

For instance, fire can use a 40% fire blade treasure, the 40% fire card from hat, the normal fire card, all without using a single pip! Yes, you lose a little universal resistance, but you gain more critical attack points.

I am not saying all the gear is better, but if you mix and match, you can really come up with some great combos.

It is a point of view really! But I will not say that they are a waste!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

I figured that the cards would be stock-able. I was trying to encourage another player today to craft the level 56 storm robe since it had more health and accuracy than the waterworks one. He simply said it was a waste of time and that he'd prefer to train a pet that gives 3% accuracy.

i don't think anoyone would sacriface 6-7% universal resist just to get a 40% blade. Fire already have fuel. So all you need is one blade, fuel, wildfire and dragon.

Mobs are getting tough and the outcome of duels will hinge on how much you can resist heavy damage and survive long enough to defeat your opponents.

Also remember crafting is a tedious and costly profession. reagents are not cheap and they are not easy to come by. Not to mention you have to spend time hunting reagents when you could be completing quests, garden or level pets.

it has long been the cry of artisans all over the spiral, to see more perks added to the rewards of crafting.