Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is a Skeleton Key boss?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
The updates say that new skeleton key bosses were added, implying that there were skeleton key bosses to begin with. So what are skeleton key bosses?

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Keys are used to enter rooms with chests, or a boss to fight.

Since you asked about the Stone Skeleton Key, head to the Crystal Caves in Avlon, where you can fight a boss called Lambent Fire, who randomly drops a fire spell called Burning Rampage.

Or if you have a Wooden Skeleton Key, go fight Takanoku the Masterless, in the Cave of Solitude in Mooshu, cause he randomly drops a cool storm spell called Catch of the Day.

Or perhaps you want to fight Aphrodite Two in the Graveyard in Darkmoor to get the life spell called Scared Charge.

Or enter the one shot dungeon called Baddle of the Bands, to get a chance for the random dropped wand with the Metalops Death Spell.

Have fun collect one, or all of them!

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Tylerwildpants on May 26, 2015 wrote:
Keys are used to enter rooms with chests, or a boss to fight.

Since you asked about the Stone Skeleton Key, head to the Crystal Caves in Avlon, where you can fight a boss called Lambent Fire, who randomly drops a fire spell called Burning Rampage.

Or if you have a Wooden Skeleton Key, go fight Takanoku the Masterless, in the Cave of Solitude in Mooshu, cause he randomly drops a cool storm spell called Catch of the Day.

Or perhaps you want to fight Aphrodite Two in the Graveyard in Darkmoor to get the life spell called Scared Charge.

Or enter the one shot dungeon called Baddle of the Bands, to get a chance for the random dropped wand with the Metalops Death Spell.

Have fun collect one, or all of them!
Is there information on this in the wiki, or on this website? This concept just came out of nowhere for me.

Administrator
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Professor Greyrose on May 29, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

Here's a guide to skeleton key bosses.

http://www.duelist101.com/news/updates/wizard101-skeleton-keys/
Got to say, the Skeleton Key secret bosses were one of the best ideas yet! I liked seeing more new bosses like that, & I hope to see many more like them!

The only thing I would also like to see is new badges from defeating more secret bosses added, including the Skeleton Key secret bosses & the two other MooShu secret bosses.