Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What exactly comes with a yearly membership?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 28, 2017
I need to know exactly what comes with it before I make the purchase because if I can't switch in between wizards with it then it'll be a waste of money.Now if I can play different wizards throughout the year with it then that's a good deal.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
You get more room in backpack and bank.

You get member specials.

I'm not sure what else.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
A Yearly (12 month) membership is actually more beneficial than you may think/assume.

Consider a few possibilities:

Time - Being subscribed for a year allows you to go at the game at your own pace, as opposed to being subscribed for a month, you've to be rushing to get as much done within that small 30 day period. So, it gives you time!

Yearly Benefits - KI has benefits for members often throughout the year. You'll never miss out on these since you'll most likely still be subscribed during the time period the benefit event may be going on.
I've seen time and time again, persons regretting not having a membership when KI for example had it's Free Training Point Buy Back.

Your storage increases - This is excellent, granted you can easily purchase the new elixir available from the Crown Shop, your storage facilities increases for members.

Access to worlds - Obvious but necessary to mention. This ties in to my first point mentioned. You can quest at your leisure.

Post on Message Boards - Members get to voice their opinions and/or concerns on the message boards (like what we're doing now).

Shorter Crafting Time - Crafting time/slots decreases for members.

P.S I decided to include benefits for having a 12 month membership as opposed to a simple month throughout my reasoning, but the general facts remain the same regardless of the route you decide to take when upgrading.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Star Edward on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
A Yearly (12 month) membership is actually more beneficial than you may think/assume.

Consider a few possibilities:

Time - Being subscribed for a year allows you to go at the game at your own pace, as opposed to being subscribed for a month, you've to be rushing to get as much done within that small 30 day period. So, it gives you time!

Yearly Benefits - KI has benefits for members often throughout the year. You'll never miss out on these since you'll most likely still be subscribed during the time period the benefit event may be going on.
I've seen time and time again, persons regretting not having a membership when KI for example had it's Free Training Point Buy Back.

Your storage increases - This is excellent, granted you can easily purchase the new elixir available from the Crown Shop, your storage facilities increases for members.

Access to worlds - Obvious but necessary to mention. This ties in to my first point mentioned. You can quest at your leisure.

Post on Message Boards - Members get to voice their opinions and/or concerns on the message boards (like what we're doing now).

Shorter Crafting Time - Crafting time/slots decreases for members.

P.S I decided to include benefits for having a 12 month membership as opposed to a simple month throughout my reasoning, but the general facts remain the same regardless of the route you decide to take when upgrading.

As a month by month member, in my case it's easier to come up with $9.95/month than $69.99 (? what is the current price?). I still get all the member benefits

Cheaper for yearly in the long run. Less money at once for short term.

YMMV

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Sep 20, 2017
Area51Alien on Feb 10, 2018 wrote:
As a month by month member, in my case it's easier to come up with $9.95/month than $69.99 (? what is the current price?). I still get all the member benefits

Cheaper for yearly in the long run. Less money at once for short term.

YMMV

Steven Ghoststalker
Yep, guess it just depends on the situation.

Like Edward, I take advantage of yearly membership bonuses. However, I try to capitalize on the sale KI will be having (like now, offering 12 months for $60.00).

It's more cheaper than paying 10.00 for 12 months.

But it as I (and you) hinted earlier, it just depends on your situation and intentions

To each his own

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
Hey Wait everyone.....!!....You all had good reasons for membership but you all failed to answer his questions regarding having coupe/several(?) wizards and being able to switch back and forth under one membership......since I only have one wizard I cant help this person.....so anybody?

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Pink Bunny on Feb 13, 2018 wrote:
Hey Wait everyone.....!!....You all had good reasons for membership but you all failed to answer his questions regarding having coupe/several(?) wizards and being able to switch back and forth under one membership......since I only have one wizard I cant help this person.....so anybody?
XD.

You're right.

I just got carried away there.

So, backtracking:

If you've a membership, it is for that account. So, all wizards on that particular account will have accesses to what the membership grants (Access to worlds, as well as what's highlighted above).

So, if you've another account, you will need a membership for that account as well. Different account so you can't expect to benefit from bonuses from another.

However, I'm not sure if you combined the account (under a family account) if one membership will cover both accounts hence all wizards on those accounts. That may be a question for support;
support@wizard101.com

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Yearly memberships have a lot of benefits like what everyone has said, but one of the reasons I don't go for it is because I don't know when I'll stop playing. There's always a few months in a year that I don't have time to play W101.

This is one reason why I will most likely never buy a yearly membership. But don't let this discourage you, there are a lot of benefits to a yearly membership. I would say to go for it if you know you will be able to use the membership to it's fullest.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
sorry if I sounded a little harsh....thanks Star Edward for coming back with more info.