Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What are your favorite school(s)?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 25, 2016
I like all the schools of magic in the game for different reasons, but these are my favorites in no particular order:

The school I enjoy playing as the most: Death

While the dark/spooky aesthetic of the Death school isn't my #1 favorite, it's still my favorite school to play as gameplay-wise and is the school of my main wizard. I find the drain spells to be super useful especially for solo play since you can attack while still keeping yourself alive. Plus, you even get Sacrifice, a spell that can heal yourself and others fairly early on which can make Death a viable support/team player school too! Like Life, you don't get your AoE spell until level 48, but I find that the drain spells make up for it and you can always farm for the Deer Knight spell.

The school I feel most connected to: Life

The school of Life was the first school I picked when I first started the game years ago on my old account which I sadly forgot the information for, so I'll always have a soft spot for it. Plus, I've always felt most connected to the nature/earth element out of all of them and I enjoy playing as healing classes in games. Having the highest base spell accuracy in the game is a nice bonus too! The only thing holding me back from continuing to play as a Life wizard is that you don't get an AoE spell until level 48 and I find that battles can drag on for a bit too long if you're playing solo. As I said before, Death's drain spells can keep yourself alive while still dealing damage which makes progression a bit less tedious in my opinion.

The school I like the looks/aesthetic of the most: Storm

Purple is my favorite color, so I suppose liking the Storm school aesthetic is only natural for me! Heh! Color bias aside, I've always liked the designs of all the storm creatures and spells. Additionally, the spirit of the Storm school is all about creativity and releasing your inner thunder!! (Sorry, I had to! ) That resonates a lot with me since I'm an artist and love creating things in general.

I'd love to hear what your favorite schools are!

Defender
Oct 16, 2014
I prefer soloing and manipulation, all-around playstyle if my style, so the spirit schools are my favourite.
1. Death
2. Myth/Life (definitely #2 is Myth once W101 gets better minions)
4. Balance/Fire (Fire for soloing, Balance for manipulation)
6. Ice/Storm

Survivor
Jan 01, 2022
My best schools are:
1. (Beloved school, best in the whole game, can SOLO almoust all bosses in game as only school)
2. And (lot of fun and very usefull for other Wizards „in team”)
3. Tank is always welcome.
4. All buffs are welcome.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
my favorite schools, in no order, are:

death - Life Sap RULES!!! especially after they increased the amount of damage the sun damage boosting spells do

life - because most cheats in the game revolve around blades, and with the right outbound gear, you dont need a single blade to get killer healing. I LOVE playing the hospital on my life (who has outgoing of like 145% and incoming of about 50%)

fire - because it is the ULTIMATE shield breaker, does a ton of damage (like storm) but has better viability (less fizzle rate and health not counting gear)

sun - those extra damage enhancements are a huge power boost and I wish they came in earlier as trained spells

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I like playing Balance. Because I like the pip manipulation and the general support role the best. For these reasons and the fact that it is "balanced" and knows a little bit of everything it's just my favorite school. I also kind of like the aspect that it's off on it's own path. It's part of Ravenwood but not in the same sense (or physical sense) as the other schools.

I like playing support on Life as well. I definitely checked the "be part of a team" box on the Book of Secrets quiz haha.

I like Ice as well, but sadly a lot of people don't like it when you try to play defensively for your team. They just want you to hit, heal or buff. (hence why I tend to stick to my Balance wizard). Ice has a special place in my heart as my first school and I really like Professor Greyrose as a character. I think it's one of my favorite aesthetics too. (I don't mind sand, but not always for the Egyptian theming).

I've also really enjoyed playing Death and Myth. Mainly because of their cool manipulation spells too such as traps, beguile, minions, stealing wards, confusion etc. I think they make for interesting play in the game. Necromancy isn't my favorite visually, but some of the Myth spells can look rather epic.

Fire and Storm are not my favorites, (someone has to be at the bottom) . I don't like the damage over time aspect of Fire that much and the reason storm isn't my favorite is just to many negative experiences with Storm wizards in the past. (Not all Storms are that bad, just that sour taste still remains.)

All in all, I love each of the schools and how they interplay together though!
If I had to rank them from my favorite to least it would go:

/
/

Survivor
Jun 29, 2012
Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Same as the other guy, Storm is my favorite. Highest level character I have is Storm, first ever character I played was Storm.

Survivor
Jun 25, 2009
fire, death, balance, and storm are definitely my faves.

Survivor
Dec 12, 2021
Death/Storm are by far my favorite, prefer death over any other tho

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
I guess I would be a main, followed by a 62 . I like life a lot especially the school theme and design. They have done a good job at keeping the school fresh. However, I have always thought balance (and maybe death too) has an interesting playstyle since they can manipulate the battle so much. The grass is greener on the other side, but those schools have a lot of utility.