Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What are Charms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 06, 2012
While on the boards I see each replier has a rank and charms, what are Charms and how do you get them?

On another note so you know how to update your rank?

-tne pumpkin king of vengeance

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
rexaleana on Jul 9, 2018 wrote:
While on the boards I see each replier has a rank and charms, what are Charms and how do you get them?

On another note so you know how to update your rank?

-tne pumpkin king of vengeance
Rank is based on the number of posts you have made to the boards. I know I've seen it somewhere but don't remember where, that tells you what rank you have for each number of posts.

Charms is simply the number of times you've clicked the little thumbs up icon at the bottom of a post.

Once you've charmed a post it is the equivalent of "Liking" a post on Facebook.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I gave you a charm. It's basically an "upvote" to show support or that you agree with a comment.

When you are signed in, you will see a charms "thumbs up" icon below other people's posts, but never your own posts. If you like what that person said, you can give them a charm by clicking on the thumb. The number of charms that they have will go up by one. If you later change your mind, you can click on the "thumbs down" icon and take your charm back again. The number of charms that they have will go down by one. We can get charms on this board and also the Pirate101 board. They combine, which is how some of us have soooo many charms.

Rankings are based on the number of comments or posts you make on this board.

Neither one of them is all that important, although charms show you who is generally a positive contributor to this board and/or Pirate101, and rankings show you who is the most active on this board.

Welcome!

Alia Misthaven

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Message Boards.

Now to answer your questions (which I'm sure most new poster/player has been wondering too);

Rank - Rank is determined by the number of approved post you've made. It's an accumulation of the post(s) you've made using one account.

The post number does not carry over to KI's Sister Game; Pirate101.

So, the way to increase your rank is by posting more and possibly participating in discussions here on the Message Boards.

Charms - Charms are similar to likes on Social Media networks such as Instagram and Facebook. Each active member of the Message Boards will be given an option to charm (like) a post by any other poster except their own.

Unlike Post Count, your Charm Count does carry over to Pirate's Message Boards.

Dworygn explained it best here:

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/announcing-the-charm-like-button-8ad6a42659b0d84b0159b86cfee048e3?page=1

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/forum-ranks-8ad6a427559b37730155b81f1b0e0317?page=1

So, in essence, to increase them both; Post More!