Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Weird Idle Players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 08, 2019
Heya! This is my first post to the forums. I couldn't help but be extremely curious about this, so hopefully somebody here can shed some light on the topic.

I'm in Sunbird realm 99% of the time and I've grown to recognize a few other familiar faces who are also commonly in Sunbird. However there's one girl in the Bazaar (and one boy but I don't have a screenshot of him) who I often see and am very puzzled by. Her name is Cori UnicornBreeze (screenshot link embedded) and her pet is a Stray Piggle named Prince Spencer. She isn't always online but when she is, she is always in the exact same spot, wearing the exact same clothes, with the exact same stats and level, etc. She never, ever moves or does anything. She never even has the sigil above her head signifying she's browsing the Bazaar. And it isn't as though she's a max level with nothing to do in-game, as she's only level 7.
The boy I mentioned earlier is the exact same way and is also in the Bazaar at times. His first name is Edward and I forgot the rest. And I'm sure there are many others I don't even know about.

So my question is... Who are they? Are they actual players? Are they bots? Are they admins? Maybe this is a dumb question but I really hope someone knows something about this. Thanks!

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
HowlerChan on Nov 12, 2019 wrote:
Heya! This is my first post to the forums. I couldn't help but be extremely curious about this, so hopefully somebody here can shed some light on the topic.

I'm in Sunbird realm 99% of the time and I've grown to recognize a few other familiar faces who are also commonly in Sunbird. However there's one girl in the Bazaar (and one boy but I don't have a screenshot of him) who I often see and am very puzzled by. Her name is Cori UnicornBreeze (screenshot link embedded) and her pet is a Stray Piggle named Prince Spencer. She isn't always online but when she is, she is always in the exact same spot, wearing the exact same clothes, with the exact same stats and level, etc. She never, ever moves or does anything. She never even has the sigil above her head signifying she's browsing the Bazaar. And it isn't as though she's a max level with nothing to do in-game, as she's only level 7.
The boy I mentioned earlier is the exact same way and is also in the Bazaar at times. His first name is Edward and I forgot the rest. And I'm sure there are many others I don't even know about.

So my question is... Who are they? Are they actual players? Are they bots? Are they admins? Maybe this is a dumb question but I really hope someone knows something about this. Thanks!
Many players have multiple accounts. Sometimes they will run 2 accounts at the same time and leave one of them in the Bazaar.

Once a wizard starts browsing, there will be nothing above their heads. There used to be but not now. That was changed to remove the clutter on the screen for other players.

Those you see are "place holder" of a sorts. This allows the questing wizard to port straight to them in the Bazaar without having to run from their current questing location.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Survivor
Sep 08, 2019
DragonLady1818 Oh okay I had no idea people did that! Thanks for clearing that up, I can finally put this question to rest now.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Nov 12, 2019 wrote:
Many players have multiple accounts. Sometimes they will run 2 accounts at the same time and leave one of them in the Bazaar.

Once a wizard starts browsing, there will be nothing above their heads. There used to be but not now. That was changed to remove the clutter on the screen for other players.

Those you see are "place holder" of a sorts. This allows the questing wizard to port straight to them in the Bazaar without having to run from their current questing location.
Something else is going on with the wizard in question, as according to the OP that wizard is not moving at all. If you don't move and simply browse the bazaar, you will get logged off. This is a personal issue with me as several times I've been disconnected by simply flipping through the bazaar "pages", since the game doesn't recognize that activity as actual activity.

That wizard in question might have the Earn Crowns viewer open that keeps you from getting logged off, but I'm not sure if that displays the book icon above the heads or not.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Oran of Urz on Nov 13, 2019 wrote:
Something else is going on with the wizard in question, as according to the OP that wizard is not moving at all. If you don't move and simply browse the bazaar, you will get logged off. This is a personal issue with me as several times I've been disconnected by simply flipping through the bazaar "pages", since the game doesn't recognize that activity as actual activity.

That wizard in question might have the Earn Crowns viewer open that keeps you from getting logged off, but I'm not sure if that displays the book icon above the heads or not.
I have never been logged off just browsing in the Bazaar with a wizard just sitting there for my other one to port to. Sometimes I will have one there for hours on end while moving through each wizard on another account. The wizard I leave in the Bazaar does not show the Book either after a couple of minutes, only when I first start browsing.
The system does recognize players browsing in the Bazaar.

I have also seen many other wizards in the Bazaar that appear to not be moving so it doesn't seem unusual to me.

As for the Earn Crowns Viewer with an Icon above the player, I have no Idea. If I do Earn Crowns, I do it in one of my houses where there is much less activity from other players.

You may need to run some updates if you are having problems or contact support.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
DragonLady1818 on Nov 13, 2019 wrote:
I have never been logged off just browsing in the Bazaar with a wizard just sitting there for my other one to port to. Sometimes I will have one there for hours on end while moving through each wizard on another account. The wizard I leave in the Bazaar does not show the Book either after a couple of minutes, only when I first start browsing.
The system does recognize players browsing in the Bazaar.

I have also seen many other wizards in the Bazaar that appear to not be moving so it doesn't seem unusual to me.

As for the Earn Crowns Viewer with an Icon above the player, I have no Idea. If I do Earn Crowns, I do it in one of my houses where there is much less activity from other players.

You may need to run some updates if you are having problems or contact support.
Hmmm, they must have fixed this awhile ago and I never noticed it. I just tested the bazaar browsing issue and that wizard never got disconnected, while a separate wizard that wasn't moving and not in the bazaar did get logged off (to test the timing).

This was an issue back in at least 2011, but must have been changed (maybe when the book icons were removed)?

However, outside of the bazaar, not moving and just browsing your book does seem to still log you out as of three months ago.