Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks Issue: Didn't Get My School Gear!!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 20, 2010
Ok, so today I did the Waterworks in Crab Alley. All of my other fellow legendary friends had done it, and they all got really awesome hats, robes, and boots for thier school, but I didn't! I checked my backpack, and my bank. Is there any other possible place it could be?? Why didn't I get my cool gear?? HELP!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rachel RavenTalon
Legendary Conjurer (aka Level 60 Myth)
See ya 'round the spiral!!!

Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
Hi and i wish i could say it was easy here is how it went for me,
1st time nothing
2nd thime hat
3rd time nothing
4th time robe
5th time boots and fire mastery amulet
6th through 25th nothing but mega snacks
good luck in there and stay persistant i am now farming final dungeon in wintertusk looking to get ice mastery amulet that i need for my wizard lol
Flint SilverBlood Legendary necro

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
The only reasonable way they could ensure everyone got a piece or 2 of Legendary gear per run would also be the most frustrating way they could do it, and that would be to allow Out of School Legendary drops, thus giving each wizard a 1/7 chance of getting something from their school.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Perhaps counting my blessings should be done at the moment. Twice I grabbed at least one piece for my set. Usually it would take me dozens of tries, as with that Dragonspyre myth ring fighting Viktor, the fire boss in Drake Hatchery. Still haven't gotten a briskbreeze ring for myth. But waterworks, easiest place to get my gear. Just keep at it. If you have a cooperative team, you can get it done in just under an hour. Really. About an hour is all it takes with a good solid cooperative team.

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Majornumbthumbs wrote:
1st time nothing
2nd thime hat
3rd time nothing
4th time robe
good luck in there and stay persistant i am now farming final dungeon in wintertusk looking to get ice mastery amulet that i need for my wizard lol
Maybe they should also farm for the ice mastery amulet since ice is about persistance, ;) lol

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
I get a little frustrated with the number of times it takes to collect gear from Waterworks and other tough dungeons and wish it wasn't so random or arbitrary. My Fire has done Waterworks 5 times now and has yet to collect his level 60 gear. It is such a let down to spend almost 2 hours in a dungeon and come away without decent treasure. (At least 3 times I have collected just average treasure I could get anywhere in Celestia.)
Luckily I crafted the level 56 hats so I just really want the Fire robe and wish it wasn't so elusive. I would use crowns if they had a second chance chest after the final boss battle.

I have been playing almost 2 years, I have 4 Legendary wizards and have farmed for almost anything you can imagine (gear, pets, statues, reagents) but it just wears me out at times. I like the Waterworks dungeon but I get tired of doing it over and over to the point of exhaustion.

My Storm got his robe on his second try, and I have an Ice that will need to collect gear for too so I get how it works and understand they are "rare" items. It would be nice if there was an easier way to get the gear you want - I mean it is a really tough dungeon so by finishing it should have a better chance to get what you want.
I would like to see a second chance chest added to Waterworks, or even let you choose one treasure you want at the end.
At least with Malistare's Dungeon if you got gear for another school you could share it with you other wizards - I for one like that feature.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It isn't automatic. You may or may not get your school gear. You may get it all in two tries or none in 100 tries.

Survivor
Jul 14, 2009
Majornumbthumbs wrote:
1st time nothing
2nd time hat
3rd time nothing
4th time robe
good luck in there and stay persistent i am now farming final dungeon in winter tusk looking to get ice mastery amulet that i need for my wizard lol

that's is a false statement i got the myth hat the first time and the myth hat the second time
- Chase Mythrunner level 60 waterworks warrior

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
jed568 wrote:
Majornumbthumbs wrote:
1st time nothing
2nd time hat
3rd time nothing
4th time robe
good luck in there and stay persistent i am now farming final dungeon in winter tusk looking to get ice mastery amulet that i need for my wizard lol

that's is a false statement i got the myth hat the first time and the myth hat the second time
- Chase Mythrunner level 60 waterworks warrior

How is it a false statement? Just because YOU got the myth hat the first time and the myth hat the second time, does not mean the guy you quoted did but lied about it.

The OP wasn't stating what YOU got, they were stating what THEY got.