Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks: annoyingly long

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 10, 2010
I can't seem to get my lv. 60 gear cause I always hit a snag at the waterworks. I can do it just fine (I've completed it about 2 times in a month's worth of attempts, with only the hoodx about 5) but my team always falls apart at some point, but what really gets me is how long it takes. I don't want to mess it up for the players who actually have 2 hours a day to spend on this game and like the challenge, so here's what I propose: an alternate waterworks entrance. It would contain the stormtide elementals and the rivershell shaman, along with the clam room and the guys from moon river. At last you'd locate Sylvesters room, although he'd have Lueska this time (no cheats just power, and you'd get a 700 super nova with a 30% weakness for attacking when you shouldn't). To make it fair though they wouldn't drop crown items (i.e. master amulets, lifeforce blade, or bancoter gear) just your uber gear. Just a though k.i.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
It is longer than the average dungeon in Wizard101 and yes it pushes the limit of a casual game that Wizard101 has come to be known for. However, another version of Waterworks is unnessary. As soon as the next world opens (scheduled later this year) the waterworks gear will no longer be the best in the game. Additionally, the new spells gained in that world will likely allow wizards to defeat waterworks much easier and faster.

This is similar to how Celestia and Wintertusk content/gear/spells all made Briskbreeze Tower, well a....breeze.

Explorer
Mar 27, 2011
you know, far from me the idea of being rude, you can complete WW in one hour or so.
This meaning that if it takes longer, there is something you are doing wrong.
Teams that fall apart are sadly an issue, personally i would like to be able to enter when all click on something (like PVP), instead of having 10 seconds to jump in the ring and hope nobody will jump out at last second, to mess things up.
If you spend 1 hour trying to enter, obviously that leaves less time for actually playing the dungeon.
Beside this, keys for a successful run are: AoE, with proper boosting, small decks for all the small fry (i use a starter deck with 13 spells in it), and the intelligence to put the person that can one-shot away from first spot when getting on luska.
About this last point, if everyone blades that one, instead of himself, things go much faster.