Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wands

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 09, 2010
When i see people with wands they usually have a wand of their own school but i personally use a different school spell so it doesnt affect my blades and traps. So just wondering which is better, a your wand school spell or a different one.

Flint Shadowthief Legend Myth
Flint Firebringer Magus Fire

Historian
May 01, 2010
razm wrote:
When i see people with wands they usually have a wand of their own school but i personally use a different school spell so it doesnt affect my blades and traps. So just wondering which is better, a your wand school spell or a different one.

i like to use an ice wand on my fire, and death on my life, though i changed my fire, because every ice monster from mb up, doesnt use fire shield, but tower shield. the reason i use opposite, is because it especially works for fire, because the ice monsters only use tower shield. and i can wand fire enemies so my converts dont trigger the trap

Adherent
May 20, 2010
It depends on who you're battling.

If the enemy is in the opposite school as you, it will cast 80% shields in your school. In that instance you may be better off with a school wand, so you can knock the shield off.

If the enemy is in the same school as you, and you're using Prisms to convert to the opposite school, it will be casting 80% shields in the school you're converting to. If the 80% shield is put down before your Prism, you'll want to knock it off with a spell in that school. Since carrying around 6 wands isn't practical, this might be reserved for a particularly tough Boss.

Otherwise, you're probably best off just using a Balance wand, since that doesn't hit any school traps.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
razm wrote:

they both are good

your own for removing shields and your ring boosts it
and other for hitting out of school and taking towers off in pvp

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I always use a wand opposite to my school. For example, my Conjurer has a Storm wand, my Pyromancer has an Ice wand, etc. The only wizard I have that doesn't follow suit is my Sorcerer, who has that special staff from the first epic bundle.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
It really depends, I mean on one hand if your facing a guy that is the opposite school of yours, he will cast a shield to defend against your school, so the school wand will be better. On the other hand, though, this will also trigger traps and blades, which you do not want to use on your wand attack. For the opposite school wand, it won't set off traps or blades (unless your Balance), and at the same time it will get rid of Blackmantles, Weakness, and Tower Shields (though, all wands do that). The ultimate thing to do would to be a Fire, with Storm as a secondary, and a MYTH wand! Because your wand is the opposite of your secondary, not the opposite of your primary, it will be the opposite if what they are oppositely thinking because they will expect you to use the opposite school not the opposite school! So it will be the opposite of the opposite of what they are oppositely thingking! You are probably very tempted to ask me to repeat that, but I don't think I can.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
I use a wand opposite my school with the exception of my legendaries- they switch mostly between the crafted wintertusk wands, but my myth legend still uses a storm wand against myth enemies. Some Situations may definitey call for using a different wand on my lower levels, but opposite school ones are my standard. -eli and crew

Champion
Jun 16, 2009
razm wrote:

Ikr! A friend of mine has the wand of his same school! And I just use random sometimes! People should use random ones instead of theirs