Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

very tired of spells with real long animation

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Granted, the first time you see a spell with a long animation, it looks cool.

After that, it's boring for a while.

After that, it's annoying, frustrating, and irritating.

Long animations look good on video trailers but they turn short 3 minute battles in to half hour long battles with everyone reading books while ignoring the cinematic spell animations they've seen over and over and over.

And to make matters worse, a lot of them like tempest, forest lord, ice angel and so on, go ahead and cast even after the battle is over - wasting both the casters mana and the participants time.

Unfortunately the trend seems to be that with each new world we get new spells with longer and longer and longer animations.

The previous three minute battles which turned into half hour battles are likely to turn into hour long battles if this keeps up.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
Granted, the first time you see a spell with a long animation, it looks cool.

After that, it's boring for a while.

After that, it's annoying, frustrating, and irritating.

Long animations look good on video trailers but they turn short 3 minute battles in to half hour long battles with everyone reading books while ignoring the cinematic spell animations they've seen over and over and over.

And to make matters worse, a lot of them like tempest, forest lord, ice angel and so on, go ahead and cast even after the battle is over - wasting both the casters mana and the participants time.

Unfortunately the trend seems to be that with each new world we get new spells with longer and longer and longer animations.

The previous three minute battles which turned into half hour battles are likely to turn into hour long battles if this keeps up.

Ever come to think other people like the animation even if they have seen it so many times. If they didn't cast after the battle ended then you couldn't use pixie after a battle ends or use rebirth. If you have a problem with the animation being long which is actually only a few seconds (you need some patience) then battle alone. Others like the animation.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 67 Pyromancer

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
I agree. One mob in battle is all i need, another is far far away, so ii cast my spell, BUT WAIT! the mob casted forest lord, it took 5 minutes, another mob came in, and killed my one one hit.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
The only animation that seems too long is Forest Lord during a full circle. His pause is a bit lengthy between targets.

Other than that...I'm sad Earthquakes animation was sped up.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Other games have dealt with this issue, by creating two versions of the spell. A long animation version and a shorter animation. The shorter is not a different animation, but rather an "edited" clip of the longer version. The long version would randomly play every 5 casts or so.

Are there any Final Fantasy 7 fans out there that know what I'm talking about?

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
flarzedrago9 wrote:
If they didn't cast after the battle ended then you couldn't use pixie after a battle ends or use rebirth.

The only things that need to cast at the end of the final round are the healing spells. Stuff like forest lord, ice angel, tempest - they don't do anything at all. They're attack spells that do damage, and since all the enemies are gone at the end of the final round there aren't any enemies to hit.

So all that happens is that everyone watches those spells go off, and then poof away. There's no need for that.

flarzedrago9 wrote:
Ever come to think other people like the animation even if they have seen it so many times. If you have a problem with the animation being long which is actually only a few seconds (you need some patience) then battle alone. Others like the animation. .

Some might. Others do not. The guy that posted right after you doesn't and raised a valid point. Because the animations are so long, it gives way too much time for wandering enemies to get to your battle. Enemies that would have gotten there after you battle was over wind up getting there in the middle of some grandiose animation that's far too long to start with. There are lots and lots of complaints in game about how long the battles with the more pretentious, overdone animations take.

You might not realize this but most people don't post on these forums, however they do make their feelings known in game - both standing around chatting and in battle. There are lots of things a large number of players aren't happy with that KI really needs to deal with if they actually care about their customer base, and most of those things aren't expressed on these forums -- they're expressed in the game.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
I love the animations but agree that KI has nearly met the limit with time. I'm not saying they have yet, but they're close to it. And I hate the bug that makes spells cast after battle. A real annoyance.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
flarzedrago9 wrote:
If they didn't cast after the battle ended then you couldn't use pixie after a battle ends or use rebirth.

The only things that need to cast at the end of the final round are the healing spells. Stuff like forest lord, ice angel, tempest - they don't do anything at all. They're attack spells that do damage, and since all the enemies are gone at the end of the final round there aren't any enemies to hit.

So all that happens is that everyone watches those spells go off, and then poof away. There's no need for that.

The reason why KI does the attack after everything is dead is so that rebirth could be casted. Before if you casted pixie and all the monsters died the game made you pass. It may waste mana, but by the time your level 60+ you should have about 300-400 and unless your transecened before you lose half your mana you've leveled up. It may waste mana but if somone dies in battle after it ended without the other spells going after the battle ended that person would get no xp or anything they needed.

The only time I was annoyed by animation was when I was getting annoyed with a collect quest.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 69 Pyromancer

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:
I love the animations but agree that KI has nearly met the limit with time. I'm not saying they have yet, but they're close to it. And I hate the bug that makes spells cast after battle. A real annoyance.

Its not a bug. Its only attack all spells and heals. I have always assumed that the penalty for an attack all spell is the loss of mana whether it is necessary or not.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
Well, the animations after a while do get dull, but it doesn't make the battle 25 minutes longer. the ones who complain are probably hot headed, have no patience, or just have limited skill, just saying, I for one do not have any problems with the animations and appreciate that they took the time to make it, rather then the card itself just come up, spin or something, then the effects show up. The graphics of, lets say, the helephant; it comes from the fire pits of the Earth, has this long sword, and attacks so the impact and damage of the attack is realized properly. Image stuff like Rain of Fire and stuff like that not have animations, I realize you get tired of the animations, but at the end of the battle, if we end up using the Forest Lord or something, then we call it the Victory Spell, sort of like a battle cry thing.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
Yea. The new death and life spells are WAY to long.

Defender
Feb 03, 2009
Some animations may seem long. Actually if you watch the animations closely they are slightly different dependent on what level of power they are hitting with. Spells have like three damage ranges they can fall into with each cast. If you watch your animations close enough you will be able to tell when the big hit is coming...or going...or whatever.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
Halotis66 wrote:
Well, the animations after a while do get dull, but it doesn't make the battle 25 minutes longer. the ones who complain are probably hot headed, have no patience, or just have limited skill, just saying, I for one do not have any problems with the animations and appreciate that they took the time to make it, rather then the card itself just come up, spin or something, then the effects show up. The graphics of, lets say, the helephant; it comes from the fire pits of the Earth, has this long sword, and attacks so the impact and damage of the attack is realized properly. Image stuff like Rain of Fire and stuff like that not have animations, I realize you get tired of the animations, but at the end of the battle, if we end up using the Forest Lord or something, then we call it the Victory Spell, sort of like a battle cry thing.

What does skill have to do with anything??