Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Varied Spell Animations

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 30, 2010
I've always wondered why Rank 1, 2, and 3 spell attacks have various animations (2-3 usually) and then all the other rank spells have the same one every time you cast the spell. Stormshark, Sunbird, and Ice Serpent (just off the top of my head) have at least 2-3 different attack animations.

Would it be possible to get a few variations on any of the other attack spells? I would LOVE to see a few animation variants to some of the spells in existence now.

Or perhaps as someone before had suggested: Some spells have damage ranges, some are a set damage number. If the damage range hits on the higher end maybe a different animation for than when it hits on the lower end of the range? Or perhaps something different for when a spell goes critical? Or when the critical is blocked?

I realize this would take a lot of time and programming, just thought it was kinda cheap/lame the animation variations stopped after the Level 10 spells.

Anybody else in favor of some variations?

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Delver
Apr 21, 2012
ViciousVenomousVix... on Feb 27, 2014 wrote:
I've always wondered why Rank 1, 2, and 3 spell attacks have various animations (2-3 usually) and then all the other rank spells have the same one every time you cast the spell. Stormshark, Sunbird, and Ice Serpent (just off the top of my head) have at least 2-3 different attack animations.

Would it be possible to get a few variations on any of the other attack spells? I would LOVE to see a few animation variants to some of the spells in existence now.

Or perhaps as someone before had suggested: Some spells have damage ranges, some are a set damage number. If the damage range hits on the higher end maybe a different animation for than when it hits on the lower end of the range? Or perhaps something different for when a spell goes critical? Or when the critical is blocked?

I realize this would take a lot of time and programming, just thought it was kinda cheap/lame the animation variations stopped after the Level 10 spells.

Anybody else in favor of some variations?
I believe the varied animations are kinda an early indication of the damage. Like Cyclops, if it hits you directly with it's hammer, it does close to the lower end of it's damage. If it slams the ground, the damage is somewhere in the middle. If it breathes fire THEN slams the ground, the damage is maximum for the spell.