Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ups and downs to the schools?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
I was just wondering what the ups and downs to each wizard schools were. Like with power levels and spells and all that stuff.
-Cassandra SoulLeaf, Level 35Deathwizard

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
SoulLeaf89 on Nov 4, 2012 wrote:
I was just wondering what the ups and downs to each wizard schools were. Like with power levels and spells and all that stuff.
This link shows an old post from Professor Greyrose with comments on the differences in the schools:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/9267.ftl

(In case the link doesn't work by "clicking" on it, you might have to do a "copy and paste" to see the info.)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
SoulLeaf89 on Nov 4, 2012 wrote:
Storm & Fire: high damage and critical, low health/resistance/block rating and (before level 50) most fizzle-prone school in game.

Ice: High health/resist/block, medium accuracy, and low damage/critical rating.

Myth & Death: medium health/critical/accuracy, high resist/damage/block

Life: High accuracy/health/block/resist, low damage/critical

Balance: everything about Balance is just average... and (after level 50) most fizzle-prone school in the game.

Hope this helps, kinda. ;)

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Fires health isnt exactly low.Just in comparison with ice/life.

And all this can change with the correct gear,pet,buffs used. So really any school can achieve things you may be looking for. I would suggest test playing a few to see how you like them and you can see for yourself what the ups and downs are.