Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Updates to Spells

AuthorMessage
White squares should no longer appear around a spell when it is cast.

Death Wizards will find their minions will cast more interesting spells.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
Survivor
May 17, 2009
I am a life wizard and i am weak, i think we should have a powerfull spell when we go to celesita.

Hero
May 02, 2009
laurenobx wrote:
I am a life wizard and i am weak, i think we should have a powerfull spell when we go to celesita.

Well technically some of the pets who previously didn't have a card (like the Brown Spider pet), are giving cards now, and some of those cards are life spells (brown spider I think would help out life wizards allot).

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
I just have one thing about this, why couldn't you update all the minions to all of the schools, that way everyone has minions casting ineresting spells, or have it to where that schools minion levels up along with the person. i have a grandmaster pyromancer, I should be summoning a rank 7 minion, instead of a rank 1 like it is now

Defender
Apr 24, 2009
mwrspeedy25 wrote:
I just have one thing about this, why couldn't you update all the minions to all of the schools, that way everyone has minions casting ineresting spells, or have it to where that schools minion levels up along with the person. i have a grandmaster pyromancer, I should be summoning a rank 7 minion, instead of a rank 1 like it is now

Because then it would unbalance the game doing that BUT yet KI makes a tower that is a cheating tower for a main quest and not an optional one just to balance out who gets into Celestia or not.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
How about updating the Damage On Turn spells (Heck Hound, Scold) so the damage boost from wearing gear is calculated in the total (then divided by 3 rounds). AND, calculating healing boost incoming / outgoing so if we cast a sprite on ourselves, we get both calculations? Just saying....this IS the way it's supposed to be.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
yea life wizards need an all attack spell i'm getting tired of getting heals

Survivor
Jun 27, 2009
mwrspeedy25 wrote:
i was thinking of another way the amount of pips you have for example : seven pips equals rank seven minion :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
ffej49 wrote:
How about updating the Damage On Turn spells (Heck Hound, Scold) so the damage boost from wearing gear is calculated in the total (then divided by 3 rounds). AND, calculating healing boost incoming / outgoing so if we cast a sprite on ourselves, we get both calculations? Just saying....this IS the way it's supposed to be.

You won't get both incoming/outgoing bonuses when you cast it on yourself. Since you are casting it on yourself, there really is no outgoing -- it's not a boomerang.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
Well at least myth lvl 48 get an epic spell i mean orthrus seriously why do they get spells that can take out shields first then use the damage after the first attack it is really not fair in the arena well that happens

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
I agree that they should have updated all of the minions because i dont even keep the balance minions in my deck, they are not strong enough.

Blaze Deathhammer, level 48 balance

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
laurenobx wrote:
totally plus traps should be 30%

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
laldedasfs6 wrote:
mwrspeedy25 wrote:
i was thinking of another way the amount of pips you have for example : seven pips equals rank seven minion :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Get rid of henchmen and upgrade minions...just a little. I like using minions!!
Anyone else like using minions...KI?

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
Minions should level up with us. Little more life and a higher ranking spell. I DON'T mean change the way they duel. I dont like using henchmen...sorry. I like using my minions!!
The balance minion is great. The storm minion is to...in its own way. Just give it more life so it can take a hit!!!
I like my myth minions
Life minion...uuummm, well not so sure yet. She gives herself a lot of help and if she gets hit hard she is gone anyway!!! She does help a little.
Death are good...

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
nightcrawler1212 wrote:
Minions should level up with us. Little more life and a higher ranking spell. I DON'T mean change the way they duel. I dont like using henchmen...sorry. I like using my minions!!
The balance minion is great. The storm minion is to...in its own way. Just give it more life so it can take a hit!!!
I like my myth minions
Life minion...uuummm, well not so sure yet. She gives herself a lot of help and if she gets hit hard she is gone anyway!!! She does help a little.
Death are good...
i agree about that minions lvl up with us part. its not really good if your in ds with a RANK 1 minion in your deck and your a soloist. think about that plus i dont think you wanna waste the crowns on one battle i mean come on.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
ffej49 wrote:

no its not thats not the way things are suppost to be. it all matters on your skool and gear that all.
wolfdragonflame grandmaster pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Prospector Zeke wrote:
White squares should no longer appear around a spell when it is cast.

Death Wizards will find their minions will cast more interesting spells.

that's great! i just wish i had a death wizard! lol! hey add me my name is hunter level 34 meet me in the commons

Defender
Jan 08, 2010
laurenobx wrote:

i am with you on that. i am grand life too and i am horrible in pvp. so plz make us some new awesome powerful ATTACK spells. no healing spells. i have had it with healing. people just use life as a tool in battle just because we can heal. i know you say helping is good but there is such a thing as asking for help too much. like one time ALL my friends were askin for help at the SAME time.

Defender
Jan 08, 2010

Well technically some of the pets who previously didn't have a card (like the Brown Spider pet), are giving cards now, and some of those cards are life spells (brown spider I think would help out life wizards allot).

i do have to agrre with you on that but still i say no more healing. i am tired of it. the only good spells are seraph and centaur and even then they are weak unless you blade and trap.

Survivor
May 24, 2008
As a Grandmaster Life, I have soloed most of the game...thanks to my little life minion. That being said, it would be nice if we had gotten a boost to her at level 48 instead of the Satyr. Perhaps food for thought for Celestia? Give her more life (350 does not work well when you get to the Rank 7 minions) and the ability to cast a higher offensive spell (imp does whittle away but it would be nice if she could at least cast the Angel).

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
eric24523 wrote:
what quests are needed to enter celestia

you have to have and complete the great spyre, and what does that have to do with spell updates?

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
laldedasfs6 wrote:
mwrspeedy25 wrote:

the level eighteen quest does that for death only

Explorer
Nov 17, 2009
negji wrote:
Well at least myth lvl 48 get an epic spell i mean orthrus seriously why do they get spells that can take out shields first then use the damage after the first attack it is really not fair in the arena well that happens

its called a strategy