Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Updates to old spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 31, 2009
So batting in celestia and I'm hit with a myth varient of lifes imp spell and it knda ticked me off cause not only is it more powerful but it also causes dispel to your next life and death spells. 

With every pet offering a pixie all the time being a life wizard is really getting a slap in the face. Forest lord does minor damage to all enemies and that is all while storm ice and myth can stun. Fire and death have dots fire puts a 90% weakness balance puts weakness on all enemies and death can suck the life from all enemies and heal themselves in the process. 

If life is really going to be limited in it's attack abilities then how about counters like the myth imp spell. Things that do minor damage but then cause weakness or dispells to keep the enemy on their toes. 

You can't win a fight if all you can do is try and keep yourself alive you need to have some aggressive spells and it kinda make sense that with life you pick away slowly while keeping the enemy from doing anything. 

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
A lot of these new spell variants, minus the new DoT fire snow man, have been available from pets for some time now. The myth imp is probably from the myth imp pet, the troll that attacks then places a myth trap on you is available from the muster troll iirc, etc.

And yes, I dislike that imp too. I've a legendary nercomancer that gets effected by that too.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Tragamite wrote:
So batting in celestia and I'm hit with a myth varient of lifes imp spell and it knda ticked me off cause not only is it more powerful but it also causes dispel to your next life and death spells. 

With every pet offering a pixie all the time being a life wizard is really getting a slap in the face. Forest lord does minor damage to all enemies and that is all while storm ice and myth can stun. Fire and death have dots fire puts a 90% weakness balance puts weakness on all enemies and death can suck the life from all enemies and heal themselves in the process. 

If life is really going to be limited in it's attack abilities then how about counters like the myth imp spell. Things that do minor damage but then cause weakness or dispells to keep the enemy on their toes. 

You can't win a fight if all you can do is try and keep yourself alive you need to have some aggressive spells and it kinda make sense that with life you pick away slowly while keeping the enemy from doing anything. 

Sorry, but did you say minor? Forest Lord does not do minor damage. With the Legendary Gear, as well as a Lifeblade and an Elemental Blade, both of which are really easy to get, and a Gargantuan, Forest Lord can wreck anybody. This is a treasure for all Theurges, and you're calling it minor? I'm kind of insulted.

And Spritely is a very rare and very coveted trait. If not having a pet that has Spritely is an issue, then put in work and get a Spritely pet. Satyr can certainly learn Spritely with luck and proper hatching.

And yeah, Fire and Death has DOTs, where our damage is drawn out usually over the course of four rounds. Efreet has the mega-weakness, which we can only use on one enemy, whereas Forest Lord can own an entire field of enemies. Balance CAN put weakness on all enemies, but Power Nova can't hit as hard as Theurges can with Forest Lord. Death can hit and heal, but those kinds of spells are excruciatingly weak, have you noticed?

Also, the Myth Imp card is available. You can get it from Diego at the Arena.

You say that you can't win if you have to try and keep yourself alive, but how CAN you win if you don't? Sure the battles may be that much longer, but at least you're alive. That's got to be worth something, right?

Marcus Drake Level 48 Theurgist and Son of Malistaire (R.I.P)

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
Superwiz1560 wrote:
Tragamite wrote:

Sorry, but did you say minor? Forest Lord does not do minor damage. With the Legendary Gear, as well as a Lifeblade and an Elemental Blade, both of which are really easy to get, and a Gargantuan, Forest Lord can wreck anybody. This is a treasure for all Theurges, and you're calling it minor? I'm kind of insulted.

And Spritely is a very rare and very coveted trait. If not having a pet that has Spritely is an issue, then put in work and get a Spritely pet. Satyr can certainly learn Spritely with luck and proper hatching.

And yeah, Fire and Death has DOTs, where our damage is drawn out usually over the course of four rounds. Efreet has the mega-weakness, which we can only use on one enemy, whereas Forest Lord can own an entire field of enemies. Balance CAN put weakness on all enemies, but Power Nova can't hit as hard as Theurges can with Forest Lord. Death can hit and heal, but those kinds of spells are excruciatingly weak, have you noticed?

You say that you can't win if you have to try and keep yourself alive, but how CAN you win if you don't? Sure the battles may be that much longer, but at least you're alive. That's got to be worth something, right?

So yes minor comparativly, yes you can blade and trap and put a hurt on everyone but then every class has that ability and the same blade trap combo available. But mesure the spells up to one another...

Forest Lord deals 540-640 to all enemies for 8 pips while the Storm Lord deals 690 and stuns to all for 7 pips. The saving grace is the accuracy! But a 7 pip spell deals more damage and stuns over an 8 pip spell?

Most the 7 pip spells compare to the 8 pip forest lord in damage. And all the 8 pip spells do more over all then the forest lord so yes comparativly it is minor.

However, this is not about the Forest Lord and yes you can get the Myth imp from Diego if you have PvP rank of Commander (Which for me seems near impossible lol) But I can get a greater imp that only has a standard imp life spell. I want to find this 5 pip life varient imp and capture him!

Even with life pets it seems we are gimped, Life Minotaur does 50 and 410 while the Minotaur spell does 50 and 445 and the Item card deals 50 and 520 for all costing 5 pips. The Bronze helephant deals 610-690 at a cost of 7 pips the helephant spell deals 625-705 at a cost of 6 pips and the Helephant pet card deals 100 more at the same 6 pip cost. A Cyclops spell does 265-325 while the item card deals 310-370. Although I haven't seen it yet I would wager the Life Cyclops deals less then even the spell.

I do understand that lower damage is due to the higher success rate of the spells and hoestly I'm not concerned with dealing damage I would like the extras! The dispel next life and death, Stun all or stun for 2 turns, 90% weakness even 10% weakness to all enemies on the Forest Lord would have kept me silent! lol

But if they are going to make upgrades and modifications can they atleast spread the wealth? The only two Life pets that have a bonus are the Life banshee and Life scarab both give +25 to next attack. But almost half the life school pets offer Satyr as the card they come with and the Brown spider, a death pet, comes with the Life Aura that grants a +25% to all life attack spells. Awesome spell, but I hate spiders! and the spider wont help me as its bonus abilities are for death!

Yes I want to be a powerful wizard don't we all so I had to voice my concern about this, thanks!

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Tragamite wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
Tragamite wrote:

So yes minor comparativly, yes you can blade and trap and put a hurt on everyone but then every class has that ability and the same blade trap combo available. But mesure the spells up to one another...

Forest Lord deals 540-640 to all enemies for 8 pips while the Storm Lord deals 690 and stuns to all for 7 pips. The saving grace is the accuracy! But a 7 pip spell deals more damage and stuns over an 8 pip spell?

Most the 7 pip spells compare to the 8 pip forest lord in damage. And all the 8 pip spells do more over all then the forest lord so yes comparativly it is minor.

However, this is not about the Forest Lord and yes you can get the Myth imp from Diego if you have PvP rank of Commander (Which for me seems near impossible lol) But I can get a greater imp that only has a standard imp life spell. I want to find this 5 pip life varient imp and capture him!

Even with life pets it seems we are gimped, Life Minotaur does 50 and 410 while the Minotaur spell does 50 and 445 and the Item card deals 50 and 520 for all costing 5 pips. The Bronze helephant deals 610-690 at a cost of 7 pips the helephant spell deals 625-705 at a cost of 6 pips and the Helephant pet card deals 100 more at the same 6 pip cost. A Cyclops spell does 265-325 while the item card deals 310-370. Although I haven't seen it yet I would wager the Life Cyclops deals less then even the spell.

I do understand that lower damage is due to the higher success rate of the spells and hoestly I'm not concerned with dealing damage I would like the extras! The dispel next life and death, Stun all or stun for 2 turns, 90% weakness even 10% weakness to all enemies on the Forest Lord would have kept me silent! lol

But if they are going to make upgrades and modifications can they atleast spread the wealth? The only two Life pets that have a bonus are the Life banshee and Life scarab both give +25 to next attack. But almost half the life school pets offer Satyr as the card they come with and the Brown spider, a death pet, comes with the Life Aura that grants a +25% to all life attack spells. Awesome spell, but I hate spiders! and the spider wont help me as its bonus abilities are for death!

Yes I want to be a powerful wizard don't we all so I had to voice my concern about this, thanks!

I respect your concerns, and trust me, I absolutely see where you're comming from, but there are a few things you're missing.

Comparing Life with Storm is like comparing a sapling with a California redwood. Storm will always be better. Making a card that can go head to head wth Storm and win would make that card overpowered. That being said, Skeletal Dragon is overpowered. But I digress.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Didn't finish the message. Stupid Enter key. :x :x :x

Anyway, next point.

Sure, other schools can do similar things than Forest Lord, and even top him, but this isn't about other schools. This is about Life, and for Life, Forest Lord is a king among cards.

And you're wrongly comparing Life cards to their counterparts. Don't think 'Oh, Life Minotaur isn't as awesome as Regular Minotaur...'. Think 'Wow! We get a card like Regular Minotaur? Sweet!' Otherwise, you're the one putting yourself and your own school down a peg.

Life isn't about affecting the battle and creatively hindering your opponent; that's Balance's job. Be thankful that you can hit all of your enemies, unlike Efreet, Medusa, Skeletal Dragon, and Leviathan. And between Forest Lord, Ra, and Ice Angel, one blade will allow Forest Lord to do the most damage in the least amount of time. By the way, you're really supposed to compare cards with cards of a similar rank. Comparing Forest Lord with Storm Lord will only work to brutally kill your own potential joy for what your Legendary spell is really worth.

Now about the pets... Yeah, Life Banshee and Life Scarabs don't have the best effects, but frankly, similar pets aren't much better. Life Scarab's opposite, the Death Scarab, only gives a 5% greater trap. 5% is not a lot. With Red Banshee, it's a similar story. And the Black Widow, the Brown Spider's opposite, isn't that much better. I'd actually argue that Brown Spider is a bit superior. Black Widow's effect, a DOT, will only last for three turns, while the Brown Spider's effect, a Sanctuary varient, will last for the whole battle unless it is replaced by another Globe. I'd take the Brown Spider, even though it gives Death Talents, the rewards are worth the repercussions.

You have every opportunity to be a powerful wizard, but you'll never be as strong as you can be if you're constantly comparing yourself to something that always has been and always will be superior.

Marcus Drake Level 48 Theurgist and Stuck in the Matrix