Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfairness to Storm.

1
AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
If Ice and the other schools have increase on it's Critical rating, why haven't Storm increase on it's Block rating?

Yet, Ice gets higher Critical rating and higher Block rating, Storm wizards get higher Critical rating, but no single improvements on our Block rating...

Other school improve on damage, we Storm wizard get our damage decrease... How and why?

Disney's mermaids (Sirens) the weakest spell Storm has ever obtain.... Myth Humonfrog does about the same damage...

The reality is while other schools increase on power, Storm never get any improvements.

Four years and we are still stuck in 2,000's health range, while everyone reach the stars with their huge health.

Our crafting gear always seem to have worst stats and lower damage...

Storm minion, one of the worst minion of all minions. The minion doesn't even help at taking shields off or never heals his caster. We have complain about our minion but never see any improvements.

KI seem to listen to the ignorance of other players complains about Storm, but what about us? When will the Storm community will ever be heard?

We as Storm wizards are tired of the unfairness, this nerfed down which KI has done is not fair.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
Daviato wrote:
If Ice and the other schools have increase on it's Critical rating, why haven't Storm increase on it's Block rating? Reply: If Storm Criticaled every spell and blocked every Critical, we would be overpowered.

Yet, Ice gets higher Critical rating and higher Block rating, Storm wizards get higher Critical rating, but no single improvements on our Block rating... Reply: Same as above.
Other school improve on damage, we Storm wizard get our damage decrease... How and why? Reply: You must be acting on the assumption that all Storms equip the new gear. No, I didn't fall for that trade-off.

Disney's mermaids (Sirens) the weakest spell Storm has ever obtain.... Myth Humonfrog does about the same damage... Reply: A boosted Humungofrog does the same as Sirens base damage. But wait, you're leaving out the average 85% Damage boost an average Diviner has at that level. It puts Sirens way over the 1500 mark.

The reality is while other schools increase on power, Storm never get any improvements. Reply: If you count 26% Global Resist, a 50% Damage increase, and the ability to deal massive amounts of damage on the third or second round, andspells like Leviathan, Supercharge, and the trainable Colossal to maximize our power as no increases, then your logic is in question.

Four years and we are still stuck in 2,000's health range, while everyone reach the stars with their huge health. Reply: If you think today's complaints are bad, imagine what they would say if Storm had 3500 health.

Our crafting gear always seem to have worst stats and lower damage... Reply: Crafting Gear isn't everything. You don't like them, stick to Waterworks Gear.

Storm minion, one of the worst minion of all minions. The minion doesn't even help at taking shields off or never heals his caster. We have complain about our minion but never see any improvements. Reply: Take another look. The minion taunts the enemy, while defending andhealing itself. While your opponent is trying to take out your Water Elemental, you can pummel them with everything you have. In PvP, it isn't the wisest move, but PvP is not the entire game....

KI seem to listen to the ignorance of other players complains about Storm, but what about us? When will the Storm community will ever be heard? Reply: Only two instances of Storm Nerfing were ever recorded. Wild Bolt, which was logical due to the abuse of the spell with accuracy enchantments, and Sirens, which was brought down a mere 35 POINTS OF DAMAGE.
Try naming a few more as major as that, because I doubt there are any.

We as Storm wizards are tired of the unfairness, this nerfed down which KI has done is not fair. Reply: You assume all Diviners agree with you, when in reality, not that many do. You are, unfortunately, looking at this from a majorly one sided angle. You have to view this with a detatched outlook, instead of with a single-sided, school-defending abandon
Here are my comments in the above quote. Sorry, but as a Diviner, I disagree.

Cya in the Spiral,

Paul Stormglade, Transcended Diviner

Go Sparks!

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
565
It is hard to go higher when you are at the top.
Storm has the highest base damage! It doesn't need a high crit rate, and it certainly doesn't need block.
The whole point of storm is that it is damage oriented and only has enough of the other stuff to survive. If you shore up storm's weaknesses it isn't storm anymore... it's fire or myth.

Jim has two coconuts Ted has ten coconuts.
I give Jim two coconuts and then I give Ted two coconuts.
Then Ted turns around and complains that I doubled the amount of coconuts Jim had, but only gave Ted a fraction more...
Or maybe I give Jim and Ted each a bag to hold four coconuts. Jim is happy, but Ted is unhappy because he has so many coconuts that he can't fit them all in his bag. Poor, poor storm wizard Ted! He has so much but just doesn't appreciate it.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
908
zebulous wrote:
Poor, poor storm wizard Ted! He has so much but just doesn't appreciate it.


If you take away peoples passion and zeal for their favorite classes,and look at it objectively,he has a point. Storm has suffered the brunt of the "nerf stick" far more than anyone else.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
410
Pyrsik wrote:
zebulous wrote:
Poor, poor storm wizard Ted! He has so much but just doesn't appreciate it.


If you take away peoples passion and zeal for their favorite classes,and look at it objectively,he has a point. Storm has suffered the brunt of the "nerf stick" far more than anyone else.


I agree while it makes sense from a non storm point of view, all damage and little else makes you at best a bomb in capable of taking a hit.

All the damage in the world will not help if you have the lowest defense and everyone knows it. My suggestion since KI has always loves this idea, is that you train a pet with great defenses. Remember Storm shouldnt buy gear for more damage (you will get it regardless and your spells are high damage) look for accuracy pip chance and defence.

Then you can become better. Test your skills at the pcp practice and you will become much better at resistance and attack.

KI knows that only way to become great at this game is to stay balanced so if gives you the gear and the ability you just have to be creative.

good luck and see ya on the spiral.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
42
I agree that Storm has most def got the short end of the stick compared to all the other updates KI has done for the other schools. Sirens was a powerful spell. So what if it didn't look good. It hit with the base of 880 and takes away two blades plus leaves a accuracy debuff. :P But now it's a low hitting Levy being that they took the accuracy debuff part of the spell and practically removed it being that it only does 1%. The other schools are getting high base damage and great secondaries to a spell now. Storm is known to be the high hitters and we still are. We still have the most HAO's (Hit All Opponent) spells, Tempest, Storm Lord, Sirens and we got wonderful spells to higher our damamger such as Windstorm and Darkwind. But here's my problem, during all these updates everyone has got a mass boost in their health while Storm remains at 2,000-2,700. While the other Schools have 3,200-5,000. **coughs** Now normally this would be bad and I'm glad the other schools have such high health but... High health with high resistance and high blocking rate plus they also have normally a high critical rate and yes still a pet with spritely and/or Unicorn. So a Fire (known for DOT) with 3,600 HP and all the above mention then me a Diviner with medium blocking secondary class to Life low health 2,500 and medium Resistance would have a very hard time in the pvp realm, and even fighting Rank 10 bosses. While the other players who now have a big increase in their spells being damage spells are having a lesser hard time with these bosses because they have high health and block rating. All I'm saying is if your going to give all these other schools mass increase in damage and health and then turn around and change our Sirens to do less things (Accuracy debuff) then give us something in return. People always complain on how Storm is so powerful and we are if we build our characters right and to the right of base power spells to but we are slowly just becoming a Class of all we have is high base damage spells while everyone else is becoming stronger in every area such as Health, Base Damage Spells, High Block Rating, High Global Resistance, and let's not forget that everyone fizzle rates are still way better then Ours. So let's be fair to Every School. Please and thank you.

Transcended Diviner Jeffery LionCaller

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
1
Survivor
Aug 17, 2010
24
I have a Transcended Diviner and from all of these Storm threads, there is one main thing missing. To me it's not about our health compaired to ICE, FIRE, etc. The problem is that with each stepping, level 51-60 and then level 61-70, everyone's school spells got so much stronger and spells like Collossus. But yet our health/resist barely increases with each stepping.

Up to level 60 it was at its max balance and felt good. But now with Collossus and the new school spells I think the disparity is more than what it was intended, between what damage schools can deal to us and what we can resist and survive to at least make a game of it. This pvp and pve.

We will always be the low health school, honestly don't mind and we are the most powerful. But to me the balance is gone now from what I described above. And before you tell me about pets, to help and ww gear, I do use that. I have 82 power and 40 resist (defy/proof) and I use shields and fortify to help. And even then I'm seeing this. Just a thought in a different direction.

Ashley

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
563
Sirens doesn't do as much as humongofrog. Humongofrog does 200-300 (around that much) damage and sirens does 800 something with boost. Isn't that a big difference? Unless that's how it's changed like people say...

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
565
we are slowly just becoming a Class of all we have is high base damage spells

as far as I know that was the whole point of the storm school from the beginning.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2727
Rihanna12 wrote:
Sirens doesn't do as much as humongofrog. Humongofrog does 200-300 (around that much) damage and sirens does 800 something with boost. Isn't that a big difference? Unless that's how it's changed like people say...


That's not how they are comparing it. In terms of pure damage.....

Humungofrog at 4 pips does approx. 325 base damage (650 at 8 pips)

Sirens at 9 pips does 880 base damage.

So the difference in pure damage is really only 230 health, but the Humongofrog caster can cast their spell sooner.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
1357
Daviato wrote:
If Ice and the other schools have increase on it's Critical rating, why haven't Storm increase on it's Block rating?

Yet, Ice gets higher Critical rating and higher Block rating, Storm wizards get higher Critical rating, but no single improvements on our Block rating...

Other school improve on damage, we Storm wizard get our damage decrease... How and why?

Disney's mermaids (Sirens) the weakest spell Storm has ever obtain.... Myth Humonfrog does about the same damage...

The reality is while other schools increase on power, Storm never get any improvements.

Four years and we are still stuck in 2,000's health range, while everyone reach the stars with their huge health.

Our crafting gear always seem to have worst stats and lower damage...

Storm minion, one of the worst minion of all minions. The minion doesn't even help at taking shields off or never heals his caster. We have complain about our minion but never see any improvements.

KI seem to listen to the ignorance of other players complains about Storm, but what about us? When will the Storm community will ever be heard?

We as Storm wizards are tired of the unfairness, this nerfed down which KI has done is not fair.


Indeed quite true. In order for me to stay in the ranks in 1v1, I have to rely on a mainly bolt based deck (Wild bolts and insane bolts are main attacks, levys in case of blades and such. defenses+heals included), but alas, it is impossible to move to warlord due to bad luck plus shields and critical block holding me off.

Look at the school of fire. While they should have had the 2nd lowest health and the 2nd most deadly spells, their health beats storm nearly by nearly around a whopping 700(Average Fire's HP is usually 3200-3300, Storms usually have around 2500), and Their Rain of fire spell seems to be proven more useful. (1100 overall to 880, disarm is useless due to a lack of proper AI and smokescreens don't hold off your opponent that much). And if you mention "Triage," that spell is rarely ever used, so that's not a problem.

It seems us Storm wizards have yet to get a useful buff (not in damage or critical, but a little extra HP or resist with the power and critical would help). And if I were to see Storm get nerfed one more time, I would love to see a nerf on every other school at the same time. After all, it's the only way to keep it balanced.

It very well saddens me that while Storm's cons outweigh the pros, the other school's pros outweigh the cons (Ice's high health and resistance is understandable, but spells that are nearly as devastating as storm? really?). And if you say "use a prism or something like that," none of us Storms would want to give our opponents an extra turn as it would end us. I'd Highly recommend KI actually took a look at storm and actually see what has became of the Use-to-be-Cool school.

Hunter Hunter, Master of Storm

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1643
Daviato wrote:
If Ice and the other schools have increase on it's Critical rating, why haven't Storm increase on it's Block rating?

Yet, Ice gets higher Critical rating and higher Block rating, Storm wizards get higher Critical rating, but no single improvements on our Block rating...

Other school improve on damage, we Storm wizard get our damage decrease... How and why?

Disney's mermaids (Sirens) the weakest spell Storm has ever obtain.... Myth Humonfrog does about the same damage...

The reality is while other schools increase on power, Storm never get any improvements.

Four years and we are still stuck in 2,000's health range, while everyone reach the stars with their huge health.

Our crafting gear always seem to have worst stats and lower damage...

Storm minion, one of the worst minion of all minions. The minion doesn't even help at taking shields off or never heals his caster. We have complain about our minion but never see any improvements.

KI seem to listen to the ignorance of other players complains about Storm, but what about us? When will the Storm community will ever be heard?

We as Storm wizards are tired of the unfairness, this nerfed down which KI has done is not fair.


Ok, Sirens is a REAL Greek mythological being! They stay on an island singing a tune that's going to attract anyone, and then going to eat whoever it attracts.

Do I really have to say this a million times? Minions have a reason! Get over it! Storm's lacks in defense! The minion defends their owner, unless after a Taunt. Ice's minion attacks, because Ice's damage is low. Fire's minion uses DoT's, because their initial hit is the first hit! Not the DoT! Get over how Storm is made.

I'm not meaning to offend you, but if you're complaining about Storm too much, then quit being a Storm wizard. You're obviously not good at Storm if you keep on complaining.

Complaints never solve anything, actions do. So get over the fact that you're not very good at Storm (I'm not AS good at Fire). Because each school fits how each student is. No one is good at everything, so Storm just isn't for you.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
69
i think it is a big difference, i mean the lvls are most definatly, but 800 is different than 200-300.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
69
Hero
Sep 08, 2008
712
A universal rule to spells that have added special effects to their attacks is a lower damage output. Remember, Sirens add a 1% accuracy debuff.

I love Storm wizards. I am absolutely stoked at how much damage they can dish out, and how fast they can do it.

Storm does not need a minion. Then again, neither does Fire, Death, and Ice.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2009
5
I agree with every thing your saying, Daviato. i'm a storm lvl 66 and my base health is 1900, and robes give about 190-290 health, hats 170-250 and boots are 100-200! The earlyer spells are only around 200 damage stronger that fire and fires got 3000-3900 health doesnt and fizzle to much. Sirens is the worst spell storm has ever gotten. While sirens is only 880, all the other spells like ice does 1000!

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
42

zebulous
Feb/4/2012 12:12 am Subject: Re:Unfairness to Storm.
we are slowly just becoming a Class of all we have is high base damage spells

as far as I know that was the whole point of the storm school from the beginning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole point of a Diviner isn't just to have high base damage. And if it were the point then Storm no longer has it's own special nitch being that all the other schools now have one-two spells with a high base damage. Look, Fire is known for their DOT but other school have a DOT as well like Ice and Death. Myth is known for their Double hit spells but Balance has Two spells with hits like Myth. I haven't seen Storm take from another school nitch like the other schools have. We don't have a DOT like ICE, FIRE, & DEATH. Every one now has a HAO( hit all opponent spell. ) Back in the day the only HAO was Tempest. That was one of storms nitch. I don't mind other schools having a HAO because every school needs at least just one. But point being is the other schools are taking stuff from other schools such as DOT's, Double hits, HAO's, and high base damage. Every school except for Storm. Before you say we have Storm hound and Storm elf then let's not go there because those are either Amulet spells or Pet spells. I'm talking about spells we can learn and have copy's in our deck. Here's what we have:
High damage%
High base damage
Low health
Medium resist
Low block ( or high critical ) I.E. 163 Crit ( 87 block )
Medium critical ( or high block ) I.E. 90-100 Crit (117 block )
Low Power PIP% (Normally at 70%)
Low Accuracy ( With ww gear we can get it to High Accuracy 92% )
HAO
No DOT
No Double Hit

Most other schools Such as FIRE, ICE, Death
High damge% (50 or above)
Medium-High base damage (Rank 6 spells and above)
Medium-High Health (Normally 3200 or above)
Medium to High Critical
Medium to High Block
Power PIP% (Normally 80% or above)
Medium to High Global Resist (Normally 27% or above)
Low to High Accuracy (With gear normally 80% or above)
HAO (All Schools)
DOT ( ICE, FIRE, DEATH, MYTH )
Double hit or Triple hit ( Myth, Balance )

So All in all I think LIFE, And STORM are getting the worse end of the stick. But at least life has the second highest health to balance their Low Damage. Storms low health isn't really a balance to our high base damage when other schools have such high base damage spells to.

So now looking at this, what is Storms Nitch? We're not really tankers being that other schools are just as good or better tankers then us because of their high health and high base damage HAO's.

Minions? Our minion only shields himself and heals himself. So he's no use. So no, Our minion sucks and is a waste of our pips.
We have no other school's nitch and our own nitch (Which was High base damage and HAO) has been taken from us.

The only thing I'm looking for as a Storm Diviner is a DOT Spell that I can have copies in my deck with. The other schools have it so why not Storm. My wizard Hits with High hits and heals with High heals. But a Storm DOT spells will allow storm to bust through all the shields our PVE and PVP put up to allow us to actually hit them with our spells.

Jeffery LionCaller Transcended Diviner


Explorer
May 09, 2010
61
Daviato wrote:
If Ice and the other schools have increase on it's Critical rating, why haven't Storm increase on it's Block rating?

Yet, Ice gets higher Critical rating and higher Block rating, Storm wizards get higher Critical rating, but no single improvements on our Block rating...

Other school improve on damage, we Storm wizard get our damage decrease... How and why?

Disney's mermaids (Sirens) the weakest spell Storm has ever obtain.... Myth Humonfrog does about the same damage...

The reality is while other schools increase on power, Storm never get any improvements.

Four years and we are still stuck in 2,000's health range, while everyone reach the stars with their huge health.

Our crafting gear always seem to have worst stats and lower damage...

Storm minion, one of the worst minion of all minions. The minion doesn't even help at taking shields off or never heals his caster. We have complain about our minion but never see any improvements.

KI seem to listen to the ignorance of other players complains about Storm, but what about us? When will the Storm community will ever be heard?

We as Storm wizards are tired of the unfairness, this nerfed down which KI has done is not fair.


I agree in what in what you are saying. I also think siren spell is poor. We storm wizards are big hitter. I would not spend 9 pips on something I could not kill in that shot and be vulnerable waiting for pips. I use levy and storm lord as a finisher. (SL can be a damage dealer and a finisher) I do not care a bout the buff s of siren. What i want is then use siren i make sure the enemy is dead.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
Ronster55 wrote:
Daviato wrote:
If Ice and the other schools have increase on it's Critical rating, why haven't Storm increase on it's Block rating?

Yet, Ice gets higher Critical rating and higher Block rating, Storm wizards get higher Critical rating, but no single improvements on our Block rating...

Other school improve on damage, we Storm wizard get our damage decrease... How and why?

Disney's mermaids (Sirens) the weakest spell Storm has ever obtain.... Myth Humonfrog does about the same damage...

The reality is while other schools increase on power, Storm never get any improvements.

Four years and we are still stuck in 2,000's health range, while everyone reach the stars with their huge health.

Our crafting gear always seem to have worst stats and lower damage...

Storm minion, one of the worst minion of all minions. The minion doesn't even help at taking shields off or never heals his caster. We have complain about our minion but never see any improvements.

KI seem to listen to the ignorance of other players complains about Storm, but what about us? When will the Storm community will ever be heard?

We as Storm wizards are tired of the unfairness, this nerfed down which KI has done is not fair.


Indeed quite true. In order for me to stay in the ranks in 1v1, I have to rely on a mainly bolt based deck (Wild bolts and insane bolts are main attacks, levys in case of blades and such. defenses+heals included), but alas, it is impossible to move to warlord due to bad luck plus shields and critical block holding me off.

Look at the school of fire. While they should have had the 2nd lowest health and the 2nd most deadly spells, their health beats storm nearly by nearly around a whopping 700(Average Fire's HP is usually 3200-3300, Storms usually have around 2500), and Their Rain of fire spell seems to be proven more useful. (1100 overall to 880, disarm is useless due to a lack of proper AI and smokescreens don't hold off your opponent that much). And if you mention "Triage," that spell is rarely ever used, so that's not a problem.

It seems us Storm wizards have yet to get a useful buff (not in damage or critical, but a little extra HP or resist with the power and critical would help). And if I were to see Storm get nerfed one more time, I would love to see a nerf on every other school at the same time. After all, it's the only way to keep it balanced.

It very well saddens me that while Storm's cons outweigh the pros, the other school's pros outweigh the cons (Ice's high health and resistance is understandable, but spells that are nearly as devastating as storm? really?). And if you say "use a prism or something like that," none of us Storms would want to give our opponents an extra turn as it would end us. I'd Highly recommend KI actually took a look at storm and actually see what has became of the Use-to-be-Cool school.

Hunter Hunter, Master of Storm


I totally agree with your point, I don't really understand whats going on with KI. As I have said; if others schools have improve, why hasn't ours? We are still waiting for a major update to be done and hopefully they will make some improvements to Storm.

Go Sparks!

Austin Storm

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
I don't understand how other schools gain a high damage high ranking spells and Storm gets a low damage high ranking spell?

I thought Storm "supposedly have high damage spells."

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
joujou11cool wrote:


Ok, Sirens is a REAL Greek mythological being! They stay on an island singing a tune that's going to attract anyone, and then going to eat whoever it attracts.

Do I really have to say this a million times? Minions have a reason! Get over it! Storm's lacks in defense! The minion defends their owner, unless after a Taunt. Ice's minion attacks, because Ice's damage is low. Fire's minion uses DoT's, because their initial hit is the first hit! Not the DoT! Get over how Storm is made.

I'm not meaning to offend you, but if you're complaining about Storm too much, then quit being a Storm wizard. You're obviously not good at Storm if you keep on complaining.

Complaints never solve anything, actions do. So get over the fact that you're not very good at Storm (I'm not AS good at Fire). Because each school fits how each student is. No one is good at everything, so Storm just isn't for you.


Well, I know how to use my Storm wizard, and I complain because is ridicules how others Schools have Improve; gaining high damage spells, huge amount of health and Storm gets a low damage spell.

The minion is useless, other minions do help. Ours doesn't really help, taunting the enemy doesn't really works, the enemy will keep attacking the caster. If storm suppose to be about damage, then why our minion doesn't do any damage?

I think I have right to complain about how Storm is facing this unfairness. I love my Storm wizard and I will defend Storm's values. Which is damage, which our new high ranking spell doesn't have.

Others schools obtain higher critical rating, but storm hasn't improve on it's blocking rating.

Compare to other schools, Storm's new crafted gear is terrible and terrible, lower damage and lower health.


Hero
Jun 08, 2009
793
Daviato wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:


Ok, Sirens is a REAL Greek mythological being! They stay on an island singing a tune that's going to attract anyone, and then going to eat whoever it attracts.

Do I really have to say this a million times? Minions have a reason! Get over it! Storm's lacks in defense! The minion defends their owner, unless after a Taunt. Ice's minion attacks, because Ice's damage is low. Fire's minion uses DoT's, because their initial hit is the first hit! Not the DoT! Get over how Storm is made.

I'm not meaning to offend you, but if you're complaining about Storm too much, then quit being a Storm wizard. You're obviously not good at Storm if you keep on complaining.

Complaints never solve anything, actions do. So get over the fact that you're not very good at Storm (I'm not AS good at Fire). Because each school fits how each student is. No one is good at everything, so Storm just isn't for you.


Well, I know how my Storm wizard, and I complain because is ridicules how others Schools have Improve; gaining high damage spells, huge amount of health and Storm gets a low damage spell.

The minion is useless, other minions do help. Ours doesn't really help, taunting the enemy doesn't really works, the enemy will keep attacking the caster. If storm suppose to be about damage, then why our minion doesn't do any damage?

I think I have right to complain about how Storm is facing this unfairness. I love my Storm wizard and I will defend Storm's values. Which is damage, which our new high ranking spell doesn't have.

Others schools obtain higher critical rating, but storm hasn't improve on it's blocking rating.

Compare to other schools, Storm's new crafted is terrible and terrible, lower damage and lower health.

If Storm's Sirens spell was a single hit, it would be considered weak. But would you imagine the complaints if we had a 1000 damage AoE with Damage and Critical like ours? We would be too overpowered, even as a Diviner you must see that. If you don't like Sirens, nobody is forcing you to use it. Now for Storm Elemental. Storm's henchman wasn't designed for what you're thinking of. It's purpose is to draw the enemy attacks while staying alive. That is why it has Taunt and defensive spells. It's why it mostly casts on itself. And it's why it has 700 health, a relatively high amount for a level 18 minion. So it may not be as useful in PvP, but in PvE, it can be a lifesaver. Now, for the last few parts I see in your comment. Stor mis meant to be a full offense school, like you said yourself. So a raise in Block wouldn't fit in with the high Damage and Critical. As for the gear, well, not everything depends on the latest and the greatest. Waterworks gear works fine for me.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
565
The other schools are catching up to storm damage wise, because storm is the damage cap. They won't raise storms base damage because it is at the top of the scale. If they give storm pierce then it is just like raising the base damage. Yes I know that if the target has no resistance to storm then pierce does nothing, but if it has no resistance, then it is probably dead!
Can't give storm high crit either, that is almost like increasing base damage, well some of the time anyway.

Because of storms' awesome base damage(which is so high that it cannot be raised further) storm has the lowest life and accuracy. A storm wizard's life must be noticeably lower than a fire wizard's, or a death wizard's for that matter...
Storm can't get more resistance because that is like raising their life total, just ask an ice wizard. Storm can't be given more block because it almost raises their life total, well some of the time anyway.

So yes storm is stuck. KI can't raise storm's damage or life, crit or block, pierce or resistance, and can't raise storm's accuracy. Would you like more pet energy and mana?
You folks are bummed out because the company said that storm is so perfect it didn't need an upgrade. The other schools still aren't quite right, and are still being tinkered with, and this makes you jealous? Storm is perfect the way it is, it cannot be changed without breaking.
My storm wizard is quite a refreshing change from my necromancer.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
272
zebulous wrote:
The other schools are catching up to storm damage wise, because storm is the damage cap. They won't raise storms base damage because it is at the top of the scale. If they give storm pierce then it is just like raising the base damage. Yes I know that if the target has no resistance to storm then pierce does nothing, but if it has no resistance, then it is probably dead!
Can't give storm high crit either, that is almost like increasing base damage, well some of the time anyway.

Because of storms' awesome base damage(which is so high that it cannot be raised further) storm has the lowest life and accuracy. A storm wizard's life must be noticeably lower than a fire wizard's, or a death wizard's for that matter...
Storm can't get more resistance because that is like raising their life total, just ask an ice wizard. Storm can't be given more block because it almost raises their life total, well some of the time anyway.

So yes storm is stuck. KI can't raise storm's damage or life, crit or block, pierce or resistance, and can't raise storm's accuracy. Would you like more pet energy and mana?
You folks are bummed out because the company said that storm is so perfect it didn't need an upgrade. The other schools still aren't quite right, and are still being tinkered with, and this makes you jealous? Storm is perfect the way it is, it cannot be changed without breaking.
My storm wizard is quite a refreshing change from my necromancer.


Is not really fair other schools have become powerful on damage and spells but also increasing their critical rating. Yet we still stuck with the same health and low blocking rating, I don't really see how is balance when fire can get up to 3500 of health and Storm still stuck with the same health.

Maybe our damage doesn't need improvements, but our health does. And if others schools gain higher critical rating, in order to balance that, storm should also improve on it's blocking rating.

1