Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unfair Chances

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I know what all of you are thinking, especially administrators:
Another Hoard pack, another hoard of complaints.
But this is getting ridiculously out of hand.

I spent fifty dollars on crowns for the new pack, and got close to nothing I wanted. I got the new mount, which is cool I guess, but I really wanted that Ghost Pegasus. I have tried for two years, and now I still haven't gotten it.
Paying fifty dollars, I feel that I deserve to have what I was actually going for in the pack, that is a lot of money for in game currency.
I feel after a certain amount of crowns, you should be guaranteed to get it.
It is a chance, but you should have it sometime between 299 - 20,000 crowns.

It just makes you feel cheated, and makes you feel like you completely wasted your money. I didn't even get any of the awesome exclusive pets, just some generic Halloween ones that aren't too rare.

I constantly kept getting mount rentals for the wings, which was very annoying.
Kingsisle, I ask you in a sincere way, please give us higher chances.
Wasting fifty dollars on your game, and not getting what I was going for makes me feel horrible about the money I put in.

I already know some of your responses: "It was your choice, you didn't have to buy it."

However, the Pegasus Mount is so cool.
So either make the chances higher, or possibly sell it separately.
Same goes for pets.

Thank you.

Administrator
Hi Anthony,

The Cloudstrider Pegasus mount is available in the Nightmare Pack, not the Harrowing Nightmare Pack.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/halloween-hoard-packs

I'm sorry for the confusion.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Jun 02, 2010
If I may add. Spending 50 dollars on packs is nothing. If a person has a decent job and balances their game time with work they can be paying far more than 50 dollars to this game feel happy doing so and still possibly have some left over. The game needs money and they have lots of expenses they must pay too.

~Remember that way you pay money to the game you are helping the game live.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
Hi Anthony,

The Cloudstrider Pegasus mount is available in the Nightmare Pack, not the Harrowing Nightmare Pack.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/halloween-hoard-packs

I'm sorry for the confusion.
I tried both packs, sorry, should have made that clearer, lol.

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
I spent $60 looking for a learned spell and didn't get it :/ These packs seem to be based on luck. One person who never buys crowns could have used KI trivia earned crowns and bought 1 pack and gotten the super rare item whereas people who buy tons of crowns may have to continue trying and trying again. Of course it would be easier if things were just available in the crown shop, but their income would go way down so dont count on it.