Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Understanding Reshuffle

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Hey, I was thinking about Reshuffle last night and am curious on how it actually places the spells back in the deck. Does it place your spells back randomly or is it just a total reset in which all the spells are placed back but in the order they were in at the start of your match. I ask this because I once used reshuffle three times against a life wizard and all three times I found all of my infections only when I was down to my last twenty cards. While I couldn't recall the order of the rest of the deck. That event has sparked this question.

Any balance wizards willing to observe how reshuffle hands you back your spells? Take just 20 cards to a fight and use them. Cast reshuffle and note how the spells return to the deck.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Explorer
Feb 25, 2010
I think it puts them back in the order they left your hand, either by discard or use. But I have not extensively tested.

Mastermind
Mar 28, 2009
Okay, you will have to put Reshuffle into your deck first. Then when all your cards run out, (not treasures) you use reshuffle and you get all your cards back that you have used, because you will run out of cards at random times, you will notice that when your level gets higher, and you get wiser as you go. So reshuffle is used by pretty much every person who can get it.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
colagada wrote:
Reshuffle randomizes the spell deck the same as starting battle does.

Hmm, if you're right and my three infections were reshuffled back into the bottom of my hand, in the three times I ran out of cards, then I really have bad luck with this game :/

One thing I've learned in all my time playing, don't count on chance. or luck.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2010
Okay, let's say you're playing a game of Uno in real life. You and your friend are playing and neither of you can find a card to play. The deck runs out, and the pile (aka the discard pile) is full now. You take the discard pile, shuffle it up again, and place all the cards face down into a deck again. This is how Reshuffle works. ;)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
Hey, I was thinking about Reshuffle last night and am curious on how it actually places the spells back in the deck. Does it place your spells back randomly or is it just a total reset in which all the spells are placed back but in the order they were in at the start of your match. I ask this because I once used reshuffle three times against a life wizard and all three times I found all of my infections only when I was down to my last twenty cards. While I couldn't recall the order of the rest of the deck. That event has sparked this question.

Any balance wizards willing to observe how reshuffle hands you back your spells? Take just 20 cards to a fight and use them. Cast reshuffle and note how the spells return to the deck.

When I used to use reshuffle a lot, I got the same order from the starting of battle a few times, but also kept the ones I had currently in show.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Thanks people for responses, to those giving me a definition, I know exactly what reshuffle means, I'm only trying to find out whether if the order that your cards are shuffled back is merely the order you began with when that same fight began, or if the discarded/used cards are placed back completely random.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I'm only trying to find out whether if the order that your cards are shuffled back is merely the order you began with when that same fight began, or if the discarded/used cards are placed back completely random.
Reshuffle does just what it says, it reshuffles all discards and unused cards from your deck. Your entire deck is reshuffled randomly. And this includes all the cards currently in play like shields, blades, and minions. If you only had one minion in your deck and you cast it, then reshuffled, you could draw another minion, even though the minion is in play and you only had one in your deck.

Also if you didn't know, when a spell fizzles it goes back into your deck randomly. If it fizzled it could be the very next card in your deck or it could be somewhere else.

Additionally, here's something else you may not know. Let's say you carry the gargantuan spell in you regular deck and put it on a myth frog, thus creating a temporary treasure card. You discard or fizzle the gargantuan frog, then reshuffle. You now have the temporary gargantuan frog and the original frog in your deck, doubling the number of frogs you had (If you had only one in your deck).

I use reshuffle extensively in pvp, and I have about 1500 games under my belt. Hope this answers your question.