Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unable to use current system

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
So I hate pets already, but this just furthered my distaste.

How are you supposed to get the "special reagents" aka TOKENs to unlock anything? I got a dumb pet that finally has the "Elemental Retriever Talent" (on a no-trade pet of course) and it needs so many random tokens PLUS Elemental Retriever ones.

1. I have no idea where to get these
2. This is a flippin' joke.

I'm done.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
You get tokens by training pets to high levels and also some in the pet promenade. It's just another grind of hoops to jump through for little apparent reward. KI needs to think more about what is FUN and not just put more time-filling grinds into the game. People play for fun and relaxation, not to feel like they are working an endless sub-minimum wage job.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
sword tree on Apr 29, 2022 wrote:
You get tokens by training pets to high levels and also some in the pet promenade. It's just another grind of hoops to jump through for little apparent reward. KI needs to think more about what is FUN and not just put more time-filling grinds into the game. People play for fun and relaxation, not to feel like they are working an endless sub-minimum wage job.
So if I am looking for Retriever Tokens do I need to train this Retriever pet to Max or is it all RNG?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
exp613 on Apr 28, 2022 wrote:
So I hate pets already, but this just furthered my distaste.

How are you supposed to get the "special reagents" aka TOKENs to unlock anything? I got a dumb pet that finally has the "Elemental Retriever Talent" (on a no-trade pet of course) and it needs so many random tokens PLUS Elemental Retriever ones.

1. I have no idea where to get these
2. This is a flippin' joke.

I'm done.
The retriever tokens are only available in paid gauntlets to my knowledge.

Doomsday krok for elements
Unforgiven dead for spirits

So yeah, spellements are still very p2w

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Apr 29, 2022 wrote:
The retriever tokens are only available in paid gauntlets to my knowledge.

Doomsday krok for elements
Unforgiven dead for spirits

So yeah, spellements are still very p2w
Gross, but thank you for the clarification.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I trained a fire pet to mega today just to get a fire token, but got a storm one instead, so gl.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2016
Jasmine3429 on May 1, 2022 wrote:
I trained a fire pet to mega today just to get a fire token, but got a storm one instead, so gl.
Isn't this a bug? I thought school specific tokens only dropped from pets of that school. You should have got a fire token as far as I'm concerned.