Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Turning off friends requests

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
Today I had a player click on me to be a friend. I have too many friends so I declined. The player tried three times and I declined three times. When finally I made him a friend in order to Ignore him so I wouldnt be bothered by him again. I mean what part of NO do you not understand? What does this player do? He reports me.
So i am turning off the friend requests on all my wizards. This way I wont have to be worried about being reported because I declined to make someone a friend.
If you click on someone asking to friend them and they decline then you need to tell me what part of NO you do not understand. Way I feel about it Players should be Banned from game for making such reports. No words exchanged, just decline, and reported. Not any more Nobody will be able to friend me without asking in chat.
I think if someone tries to friend you and you decline the game should block any further attemps to make friend. This would eliminate the constant repeated trys for players to make friends when they dont understand NO....

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Darkblood1 wrote:
Today I had a player click on me to be a friend. I have too many friends so I declined. The player tried three times and I declined three times. When finally I made him a friend in order to Ignore him so I wouldnt be bothered by him again. I mean what part of NO do you not understand? What does this player do? He reports me.
So i am turning off the friend requests on all my wizards. This way I wont have to be worried about being reported because I declined to make someone a friend.
If you click on someone asking to friend them and they decline then you need to tell me what part of NO you do not understand. Way I feel about it Players should be Banned from game for making such reports. No words exchanged, just decline, and reported. Not any more Nobody will be able to friend me without asking in chat.
I think if someone tries to friend you and you decline the game should block any further attemps to make friend. This would eliminate the constant repeated trys for players to make friends when they dont understand NO....

If you report someone for a reason that's not what Kingsisle made (such as what the person did), he could get suspended it he continues doing that. So maybe not getting banned-that's for false reporting, but getting suspended is already what Kingsisle does I think.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
You're overreacting, in my opinion.

The problem is that there's no "WizardName has declined your friendship request." sent to the original wizard. The game shows nothing. The player asking for friendship doesn't know if the other player refused the request, saw the request or even got the request from the server. A lot of players don't know how long that request stays on the screen before disappearing. A child may make the request over and over. An immature person may throw a tantrum and keep requesting until he/she gets his/her way. Then there are those who think it's fun to spam requests.

Your idea of not being allowed to make a second request (with perhaps a timer so that the system doesn't need to remember it permanently) is good, and I'm going to post it to The Dorms. As far as a permanent ban for abuse, I don't agree, although obvious spamming should be punished in some way.