Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Trying to get the Stormrider Hare perm mount

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
5
I am aware that Eggbert is still in Shopping District (which still means that the Spring Event is still going I think) but I am curious on something. I understand that it is a rare drop too. :)

Okay, so I am trying to farm for the Stormrider Hare and I’m level 48 which means that I can fight Jade Oni but on the wiki page it says that it can be dropped by Mika Skarka & Jade Oni, does it mean the Jade Oni, Mika Skarka because I checked to see if the Jade Oni (not Mika Skarka) drops a mount but there’s nothing in the mount part but on Mika Skarka there is (from what I saw on the wiki). From reading the wiki, I believe you would need to be level 65+ to get to fight Mika Skarka from a quest that requires level 65? I am very lost. Am I missing something or am I farming the wrong enemy for it.

Historian
Feb 12, 2015
610
Gloria2210 on May 2, 2019 wrote:
I am aware that Eggbert is still in Shopping District (which still means that the Spring Event is still going I think) but I am curious on something. I understand that it is a rare drop too. :)

Okay, so I am trying to farm for the Stormrider Hare and I’m level 48 which means that I can fight Jade Oni but on the wiki page it says that it can be dropped by Mika Skarka & Jade Oni, does it mean the Jade Oni, Mika Skarka because I checked to see if the Jade Oni (not Mika Skarka) drops a mount but there’s nothing in the mount part but on Mika Skarka there is (from what I saw on the wiki). From reading the wiki, I believe you would need to be level 65+ to get to fight Mika Skarka from a quest that requires level 65? I am very lost. Am I missing something or am I farming the wrong enemy for it.
Mika Skarka is not the Jade Oni. Mika Skarka is a non-repeatable boss that you fight much later in the story line. Fight the Jade Oni to try for the mount.

Community Leader
Gloria2210 on May 2, 2019 wrote:
I am aware that Eggbert is still in Shopping District (which still means that the Spring Event is still going I think) but I am curious on something. I understand that it is a rare drop too. :)

Okay, so I am trying to farm for the Stormrider Hare and I’m level 48 which means that I can fight Jade Oni but on the wiki page it says that it can be dropped by Mika Skarka & Jade Oni, does it mean the Jade Oni, Mika Skarka because I checked to see if the Jade Oni (not Mika Skarka) drops a mount but there’s nothing in the mount part but on Mika Skarka there is (from what I saw on the wiki). From reading the wiki, I believe you would need to be level 65+ to get to fight Mika Skarka from a quest that requires level 65? I am very lost. Am I missing something or am I farming the wrong enemy for it.
Hi, I am looking at the Wiki to double check. It looks like although you can farm Jade Oni at level 48, I do not see Jade Oni listed there for the Stormrider Hare. I do see Mika Skarka. If you need help reaching a higher level boss, maybe a friend can help you out.

It looks like you can farm bosses like Krokopatra, Meowiarty or Lord Nightshade for the Stormrider Hare too.

Good luck, i hope this helps.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Mount:Stormrider_Hare#axzz5mnaaiqkg

Owner of Ravenwood Academy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to.
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
5
Lookit Light on May 2, 2019 wrote:
Mika Skarka is not the Jade Oni. Mika Skarka is a non-repeatable boss that you fight much later in the story line. Fight the Jade Oni to try for the mount.
Yes, I understand that but what I don't understand is why on the wiki page of Jade Oni, it doesn't show that he drops the mount but for Mika Skarka, it does. My other question is do you fight Mika Skarka around level 65+ because if so that would make no sense since it is a solo and other players (like friends for example) can't port. http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Tower_of_Absolute_Being#axzz5mqfkFtJ8 (Sorry for the links but it is necessary for this post.)

The reason why I am asking mostly is because I am confused because of this http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:This_Little_Light_of_Mine#axzz5mh92ch7z which then leads to http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Positively_Absolutely#axzz5mh92ch7z and then this http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Mika_Skarka#axzz5mh92ch7z and boom there's the mount but on Jade Oni there's nothing http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Jade_Oni#axzz5mhSFfWk6

But on the list it says it can be dropped by Mika Skarka & Jade Oni to defeat if you are UNDER level 50 which makes no sense to me. Am I missing something? (Sorry if I sound crazy but I am very confused.)
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/new-holiday-mounts-8ad6a41c45459190014561aa99d4519e

Historian
Feb 12, 2015
610
Gloria2210 on May 3, 2019 wrote:
Yes, I understand that but what I don't understand is why on the wiki page of Jade Oni, it doesn't show that he drops the mount but for Mika Skarka, it does. My other question is do you fight Mika Skarka around level 65+ because if so that would make no sense since it is a solo and other players (like friends for example) can't port. http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Tower_of_Absolute_Being#axzz5mqfkFtJ8 (Sorry for the links but it is necessary for this post.)

The reason why I am asking mostly is because I am confused because of this http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:This_Little_Light_of_Mine#axzz5mh92ch7z which then leads to http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Positively_Absolutely#axzz5mh92ch7z and then this http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Mika_Skarka#axzz5mh92ch7z and boom there's the mount but on Jade Oni there's nothing http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Jade_Oni#axzz5mhSFfWk6

But on the list it says it can be dropped by Mika Skarka & Jade Oni to defeat if you are UNDER level 50 which makes no sense to me. Am I missing something? (Sorry if I sound crazy but I am very confused.)
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/new-holiday-mounts-8ad6a41c45459190014561aa99d4519e
Ah, now I see. You do fight Mika Skarka at level 65+, and even then you can only fight him once. That appears to be an oversight on their part. The Jade Oni should drop a Stormrider hare, albeit very rarely. Good luck!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2777
Information on the Wizard101 Central Wiki is based "Firsthand Observations" that members of the Community have added to the Wiki.

The fact that you do not see it listed on the Jad Oni Wiki page merely means that anyone who has a Level 50+ or lower Wizard, and who received that Mount as a drop, has not taken the time to add that information to the Wiki.

If you, or anyone else, did receive that drop from Jade Oni, it should be added to that page.

The "list" that you mentioned can be used as a guide to help Wizards know which Creature drops that Item. But that List cannot be used as "proof" that it is dropped. It must be received as a Firsthand Observation in the game, as I mentioned above.

Hope that helps.

Community Leader
Gloria2210 on May 3, 2019 wrote:
Yes, I understand that but what I don't understand is why on the wiki page of Jade Oni, it doesn't show that he drops the mount but for Mika Skarka, it does. My other question is do you fight Mika Skarka around level 65+ because if so that would make no sense since it is a solo and other players (like friends for example) can't port. http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Tower_of_Absolute_Being#axzz5mqfkFtJ8 (Sorry for the links but it is necessary for this post.)

The reason why I am asking mostly is because I am confused because of this http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:This_Little_Light_of_Mine#axzz5mh92ch7z which then leads to http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Positively_Absolutely#axzz5mh92ch7z and then this http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Mika_Skarka#axzz5mh92ch7z and boom there's the mount but on Jade Oni there's nothing http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Jade_Oni#axzz5mhSFfWk6

But on the list it says it can be dropped by Mika Skarka & Jade Oni to defeat if you are UNDER level 50 which makes no sense to me. Am I missing something? (Sorry if I sound crazy but I am very confused.)
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/ravenwood-commons/new-holiday-mounts-8ad6a41c45459190014561aa99d4519e
I have closely looked at everything you posted. All I can say is I am not sure why the Wiki says Jade Oni does not drop the mount but Zekes post there from 2014 says he does. Since that post was from 5 years ago I would probably guess that the Wiki is the accurate source here, but I definitely can not say that for sure. In any case, at level 48 I do believe you would be over level to get it from a Mooshu boss.

I think part of the confusion is also that although Mika Skarka does look like the Jade Oni he is in fact a much higher level boss that you only encounter once when opening Avalon.Generally speaking , the idea is that you have to face a battle that is a challenge for your wizards level, not just an easy kill. I think we really need Zeke himself to weigh in here, but I sure hope that helps some.

Owner of Ravenwood Academy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Work hard for what you want because it won't come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to.