Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Card Value Zero?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 06, 2009
Dear Professor Greyrose,

It has been my experience that KI has a reason for the things they do. But I've been stewing on this for awhile I cannot fathom a logical reason for these two conditions.

Can you help?

1) Polymorph cards earned from Gardening cannot be sold. Value Zero. Why? I worked to get them. They consume space in my deck until I remember to delete them. Why can't I get something for them someplace in the Spiral?

2) Battle-made Treasure Cards can be sold for 1 Gold. Why? I spend 500 Gold on Gargantuan, apply it to a Centaur, discover later that I'm just not using them. I can't trade them to anyone, and if I sell them they are worth 1 Gold apiece. Why so restrictive?

Many thanks for any clarity you can add to help work through the mystery.

- Stephen EarthMender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
The Polymorph cards not being able to be auctioned off at the Bazaar is to ensure that no lower levels can't buy them and use them to win at PvP simply by using the Polymorph, and the enchanted treasure cards can't be sold because many people would use cheap enchantments like Tough on high ranking spells like Skeletal Dragon and sell them for quick gold

Historian
May 01, 2010
The main reason was beacause a while ago, people would trade the +20% balance tc equipped wild bolts (the 10% accuracy ones), and a fair amount of people started spamming the enhanced wild bolt....

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
zelda3456147 wrote:
The Polymorph cards not being able to be auctioned off at the Bazaar is to ensure that no lower levels can't buy them and use them to win at PvP simply by using the Polymorph, and the enchanted treasure cards can't be sold because many people would use cheap enchantments like Tough on high ranking spells like Skeletal Dragon and sell them for quick gold

This is no longer accurate because my low level wizards can plant a moon flower and get all the Polymorphs, my evil magma peas also give out polymorphs and I have gotten polymorphs as drops. And all polymorphs have a no PVP symbol now. So there is really no reason at all that the polymorphs treasure cards can not be sold in the bazzaar again.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
zelda3456147 wrote:
The Polymorph cards not being able to be auctioned off at the Bazaar

Okay. But I asked why it couldn't be sold.

slammer111 wrote:
The main reason was beacause a while ago, people would trade the +20% balance tc equipped wild bolts (the 10% accuracy ones), and a fair amount of people started spamming the enhanced wild bolt....

I don't understand. How does reducing its value to 1 Gold help with this problem?

TamelaD wrote:
So there is really no reason at all that the polymorphs treasure cards can not be sold in the bazzaar again.

Although I realize most people think of the Bazaar as the one-stop shop in the Spiral, Zeke, regular vendors, and even the Library could permit sale of these items, which would prevent recirculation if that was the perceived problem. But they don't.

I am curious why not?

And since I got no answer from Professor Greyrose, I presume KI has no interest in a public response to these questions.

Which in itself is even more baffling.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I and others have often asked for an option to sell what we consider to be unusable treasure cards, especially the polymorph cards. So far no response from KI. I would love to at least be able to sell them at the libraries or archivist where we can buy other treasure cards. Worst case, they could allow us to feed them to pets for a "chance" at pet experience.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
"Okay. But I asked why it couldn't be sold."

Dunno.

"I don't understand. How does reducing its value to 1 Gold help with this problem?"

People are less likely to sell them because they won't spend a lot of time to get one gold.

"Although I realize most people think of the Bazaar as the one-stop shop in the Spiral, Zeke, regular vendors, and even the Library could permit sale of these items, which would prevent recirculation if that was the perceived problem. But they don't."

I admit, that is weird. Then again, nobody goes to the Library anymore. Stupid kindles...

"I am curious why not?"

Again, nobody thinks of the libraries! Too much kindle!

"And since I got no answer from Professor Greyrose, I presume KI has no interest in a public response to these questions."

They spend time on more common questions

"Which in itself is even more baffling."

True.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
eggywig wrote:
I admit, that is weird. Then again, nobody goes to the Library anymore. Stupid kindles...

Took me three reads to get it. Funny!

Ah, well, no answers forthcoming from Professor Greyrose.

Back to enjoying the game as designed, I guess. :-)

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard
Pixie Realm