Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training points. KI could we get an answer?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 11, 2010
This has been posted mutiple times by many many players in various sections of the msg board but there has never even been a hint of a response.

With the comming of CL, new spells, ect ect i'm sure i'm not alone on this that I want to respec my training to optimize my deck.

As a pvp player i find this extremly important. Even for non pvp players, people who've accedently trained the wrong spell or whatever it might be equally important.

At the current rate i have to pay over 7000(whaa?) crowns in order to respec my training points. Seriously this over more then 3 months subscribtion which is quite frankly a ripoff to put it mildly.

so here's a question to KI, could we have the possibility of buying our training point back for gold or something else? To be totally Honest subscribers should not even have to spend crowns to do this as we are already paying each month.

Also note this is a standard feature of every single mmo game for the past 10 years and you want to charge over 3 months worth in crowns? Don't you think the parrents are already getting begged enough for crowns from thier kids for mounts and what not. Doesn't even matter if you are a parrent, kid or just a regular player that likes Wizard the price is out of this world and it's on top of already paying subscribtion.

Personally i don't care care if you make so it cost 100.000 gold or more to retrain as long as we have the possibility that's not the current option.

Thanks in advance (if you answer).

Sorry if this pops up 2 times. I saw it got posted yesterday by myself and when i went in to edit some spelling errors it didn't get reposted.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
have been saying this to myself since i first started playing wizard101, i actually killed my old grand myth over it and now have a new level 55 myth since ... a shame that i had remove the first one in the first place, but that is currently the only alternative to paying in real money for the first game i can remember in history also to retain skills ... you have said it better then i could have that's for sure, i'll second that vote to, i'm all for gold for points back, there's a pirate game i used to play, free accounts even in that game can use gold to retain there skills again, was a wonderful thing and good carma all around

i would even consider deleting a legend before i would pay that, no way on earth

Survivor
Aug 12, 2008
I totaly agree.

Ive wasted a lot of money all ready for reseting training points before celestia wus out. Now that Celestia is here ... i still need to reset two chart.
But i wont. Its a waste of money... I got 3 accounts, 1 year and 2 payed by month. I bought a lot of crown , gifts etc... and still i need more money to recover from the update.
Personaly each time a new world come out , ALL account paid or not should at least have all traning point back or some of it. Cause at the rate its going
only free to play will be on soon.

From my side , 4 of my irl friends has stop playing cause of all that.

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
Peoronally, I've never bought back my training points. But I see it as something unessecary. It's like picking your school, you can't change your mind about it. You should give hard thought when you pick your cards (like I wish I did when I got 2 storm spells before I decided I wanted life spells). It would be nice if you could sell back individual cards instead of having to sell your whole deck (or can you already?).

Adherent
May 20, 2010
This has been answered several times in this forum by KingsIsle staff. If you want to buy back your points, you can go visit Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court and pay Crowns.

Continuing to bug them about allowing gold transaction for buying back points isn't likely to change anything. Once they give in to the constant begging, then others will beg to buy all Crowns items with gold. Then subscriptions with gold. They can't go down the road in the first place, because it won't end if they do. I don't blame them a bit for not backing down.

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
colagada wrote:
This has been answered several times in this forum by KingsIsle staff. If you want to buy back your points, you can go visit Mr. Lincoln in Golem Court and pay Crowns.

Continuing to bug them about allowing gold transaction for buying back points isn't likely to change anything. Once they give in to the constant begging, then others will beg to buy all Crowns items with gold. Then subscriptions with gold. They can't go down the road in the first place, because it won't end if they do. I don't blame them a bit for not backing down.

Kaboom88 wrote:
Peoronally, I've never bought back my training points. But I see it as something unessecary. It's like picking your school, you can't change your mind about it. You should give hard thought when you pick your cards (like I wish I did when I got 2 storm spells before I decided I wanted life spells). It would be nice if you could sell back individual cards instead of having to sell your whole deck (or can you already?).

Did you two even read the post or give any thought to what you typed down? 7000+ crowns to repec is 25$ per respec. No parrent, kid or normal player that doesn't have a lot of money to just trow away or have any self respect would pay this to respec. It's over 3 month worth of subscribtion just for this feature where in half that time you could easy make a new lvl 60 and get the legenday gear.

This is devastating to attachment you have to said char (specially if you are GM crafter) that every time there is new content, new spells or they change spells you essentially have to roll up a new char to optimize your deck.

As for you Kaboom88 this has nothing to do with what thinking about where to spend your training points in most cases. Sure there might be the few who trained something they didn't really want by accident or a kid who didn't know better. But it's mostly about when they change something or add loads of new content that completly changes the mechanics of a school and how it works with it's 2ndary schools.

Like for example Death minotaur is a quite good strategy and attack spell as a shield breaker for death, but how many grand death wizards do you think had 7 points trained in myth before CL came? I'm willing to guess close to none. This was just one example and there are tons more of how new strategies and setups will force you to either retrain or roll up a new wizard of the same school if you want to optimize your deck.

As for allowing anything to be bought for gold like you said mister colagoda, nobody said such a thing. But nomatter if it's crowns or not 7000 crowns is still a ripoff nomatter how you look at it. It has been suggested by me and many other to have the option for gold for many of the reason i already listed: Standard feature of every other mmo game, we are already paying subscribtion, the price is out of this world, by comparison it's cheaper vs time spend to roll up a new wizard and it's very discoureging, ect ect ect.

As for KI not changing things due to input from players? Wild *cough* bolt *cough*, nerfing DS *cough*, boosting ice *cough* ect ect *cough*

This is not unreasonable input/request, actually by comparison and for the sake of the game itself and KI's marketing strategy i think it's more the reasonable and deffently something worth for them to look into

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
in many many games, this option is FREE, even free (non paying customer) players can do this on many other games, i have learned ALL of life on my ice, low and behold, here comes the update, here comes the treant i learned also on ice, all i need to do it use stomp, there is sanctuary, use regenerate, and in 3 turns did more then learning ANY of life, and i learned all those spells before the update, before test even, i don't mind casting someone a few micro pixies while saving pips and healing, or a snow angel pip count satyr buuuut, it is NOW a complete waste of points and i would have learned all of moon, and got some sun spells and pretty much had planning to it, i guess that leaves all you ice people who thought life school was a good plan also to saying "refund please".

i would love that refund on those points lol

WELMP lol, looks like careful planning did not pay off after all looking for good heals, NOBODY learn life for healing spells, you will get a CRITICAL HEALING life school owning MASTER at lvl 52 to insult your low heal or high pip life spells and wasted 9 skill points lol (if you thought about getting the sanctuary, and below is the reason why)

sanctuary, hit the bazaar, there are some there QUITE often to pick up
tower shields, save 5 skill points here, buy them at library
weakness, save 3 skill points here, buy at library
sprites, library!
ferries, LIBRARY! :D lol
free heal and defense (for in game acquired gold)

for those who would complain about you using them in street/boss fights, mute them, pvp, MUTE THEM :D lol

but for the newer players, beware ... you'll be paying fees fees fees for your skill points back ... well, thought life would have worked best for ice with the insane health to have to heal back, wrong! time to pay real life money for a common feature? WRONG AGAIN!! rofl

treant spell kinda blew any form of careful planning, used correctly, will EVERY SINGLE TIME be the better life spell, hands down, fact true

soooooo, ok, i lot of text, sorry lol, but this was working out awesome till treant, i love treant more now, point is, here come the fees that KI won't get out of me over that one, learn carefully? more like be psychic and predict the future to see what you should learn before anything is ever created for you spells that will be right for you and your playing style ...

or pay an astronomical fee in THIS game for a feature available as non subscriber free to play feature in other games

other then that this game rocks, not many things i don't like about it, they have been doing some AWESOME stuff, but this part of the game i do and have thought for a LONG time was kinda, odd ...

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
wow, it has set in, but i'm not going to post anymore on this one after this one, but i do have to say it ... i really can't stop thinking about it now, i now ALSO want an answer and perhaps all my life spell UNLEARNED FOR FREE.

do you, KI, think, i would learn 8 extra points and mindlessly use up those points, to learn a lesser repeat set of spells, when i would only need to spent ONE point for them all AND a built in critical, i am very, VERY, upset about this now

i actually waited till grand to learn life and took a LONG TIME planning weather it was going to be the right choice, wondering for quite a while, seriously.

i would actually wait till like a lvl 99 to learn a treant if i knew it was there! and that's when the "good stuff" was coming up, that's thinkin' hu?

so now i am left with repeat spells and wasted point and less fun?

this defies my understanding and LOGIC, being one point, vs 9 points that are over pipped, and out of date (no critical built into the form casting them), and (yes they can be learned sooner) but a BIG WASTE TO LEARN sooner when all those spells can hit the BAZAAR now INCLUDING REGENERATE, REBIRTH, SATYR, DRYAD,on and on and on and on and on and... (catches breath), and on ...

really, this is insane and so is this FEE vendor in golem court, it almost makes me sick now thinking about it.

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
colagada wrote:

Subscriptions with gold?! Hah. Sometimes I swear you are just on here to post irrelevant answers to questions, just to get your responses up to make you look like someone cool. You seem to be oblivious of the fact that people make mistakes, it's in human nature.. -_- . So next time think before you post on certain topics. On the side note, I am all for the idea posted by Mordikay. :)

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
No reply? Despite it being one of the most discussed topics and high views?

Guess it's time to roll up a new balance to 60 or just drop it completly and me and everyone else roll up our hard worked wizards everytime something new comes along to Wizard. Until we finally get tired of the way the system works and quit the game.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
for the non subscriber, you pay in crowns the following totals for arena access (why i am referancing arena crown fee's below)

one fight=80 crowns
one day access to arena=240
subscriber=unlimited (no crowns)

idea, (not that it will probably get honored ... and not sure if i am the first with this idea concept, BUUUUUUUUUT the futile attempt of one user with an idea here we go ...)

for skill points
_____
FOR THE NON SUBSCRIBER
one skill point = crowns
all skill points = (many many many many MANY crowns depending on what was spent (in skill points) like it already is, shocking enough)
_____

FOR THE SUBSCRIBER
subscribers pay 10X the crown math in gold (example, but not needed, 1000 crowns equaling 10000 gold)

in the same increments
one point or all point options
_____

unless we are able to post our ideas and likes/dislikes to, for say, "make the "users" sound like they have something to discuss and 'feel' they are being heard"

but truthfully, this is only a VERY small (but noticeable and very pronounced) dislike about the game

(even though that "small part" is THE MOST used feature, and that is our spells)

without battles, there is no leveling up, no higher spells, no drops, no gold, no more quests, ecs. ecs. ecs.

"i tossed all this money at it and didn't actually play but i got to lvl 9 billion by hitting a few pay buttons! look at meeeeeee!" lol sure

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
If we could only get an answer so I could know if i should roll up a new balance and use my crrent fully geared one i spent countless of hours in test of spheres and arena as a craft bot and lose a good deal of respect for the system in wiz.

Most likely just play my almost 60 fire and myth instead until something new comes along and I yet again refuse to pay the outrages prize for respeccing.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
heads up, Unbalance (dispel) is also back ... on test at the moment, one more point to watch out for

yet currently there are no treasured models that i have seen for myth life and death (and now unbalance?) dispels, unless someone has gotten lucky and found a few somewhere then they are not there

why i never learned the fire ice and storm ones, still not ready to learn the rest ether yet, they are always at bazaar, but the life death myth and (the soon to return and make it to live this time?) Unbalance dispel will ether have to be learned, or ...

i'll try my make believe psychic powers to predict the future, ok here we go.

there will be treasure card models of life, death, myth, and balance dispels at bazaar (normal and Eye Of Bartleby) forcing us to spend real money to buy back our skill points again once more!

it might have worked but we won't know till the future lol

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Don't get me wrong the new patch today you(KI) have adressed many of the issue players are frustrated about and with good reason like adding sunstone, removing no trade/no auction ect ect.

BUT you still add new spells and refuse to adress the training point issue? What is up with that?

Seriously have you even had a customer pay the rediculess price of over 7000 to retrain?

In short Kudos on the patch today but you missed a point(pun intended).

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
and the grand total for resetting your training points on an account with all 6 wizards at legend and all points spent is! (drum roll please!)

44100 crowns (7350 crowns per fully spent wizard)

$88.20 (eighty eight dollars and twenty cents)

for real?

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
Mordikay, i'll ask you since your info seems to be (in comparison) 50X up to date, i'll take YOUR word first, you think i should just kill off my first grand or wait for a "zero reply" with no info for a few months?

if you say yes before them, then i guess it proves a really shocking point as to the fact that no user's wizard or things they have done would ever appear "unique" for example

Sarai Cloud:
"i was the first in the world to solo Orrik Nightglider, and i didn't even get a lousy tee-shirt ..."

other then this feature, the other things they have been adding, and improving on seem to never end, the complements i can give on what they have added and changed throughout the years don't end, but this feature still, remains the same ...

scary enough, a few years back, Galaxies released an expansion, 2 day later, changed the battle structure entirely, they offered refunds, lost costumers, now days, that game is nearly at it's end and only the diehards seem to truly remain, THIS Sith, has left the building! lol

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Beta if you know you are going to pvp or have spend your training points very wrong i would highly suggest just rolling up a new wizard instead of waiting for this feature.

The only reason i'm currently keeping my balance is because i already reach warlord rank on him and he's me my GM crafter with all the high lvl crafting recipes. So i just put the items he craft in shared banks to transfer to my other lvl 60's or soon to be 60 which i have very carfully spend my training points on as i lvl'd them up after CL came out. But i'm sure with other expansion and new spells to come in the future i'm going to have to delete those aswell and lvl up the same school yet again.

Explorer
Jun 15, 2009
point was proven i think :(
it will be faster then the crown cost to roll one up again, more affordable, and ty for your "up to date, to the minute", "speed of modern light" response

i always kept my first grand in hopes that something like this might be addressed till now, i honestly can't even remember how long i've kept her around, but i guess it is true, the sentiment in not honored and the logic must finally be "balanced" ... at this point is more like play, pay, ty have a nice one. you have been more helpful then KI here Mordikay, my lowest atm is my first grand (lv50), i share your feelings on not killing your balance though, my death is a lord also, i could never part with that one for any reason, to much was done on that wizard, have not been in the arena more then a hand full of times on my other wizards since CL came out, no changes to the armor or any revamping of this portion of Wizard101 except cloak and the stun/critical blocker spell, and with the rise of more "super noobs" (bandit, dragon morph ecs. at rediculiously low lvls), i basicly wound that up almost for good

but these spells they added even more important i can see for those going into the arena cost 2 extra training points which also colaberates the need to perhaps shift spells at will when needed pvp or not, some of these spells point to a reset to optimize for BOTH scenes now, not just being usefull for both pvp AND pve, and trying to do something like resetting all points at legend for $88.20, uh, ya right, who in this day and age would call that a sane price for a "video game feature", seriously ... i play about 12 hours + btw and even i am saying that price is downright insane for ANYONE to HAVE to pay. a lot of us have been around wizard101 long enough to know the spells and have made our other wizards better after learning different playing styles, but i'm sure there are a lot out there, let's say like children. who might not know better and wish they could reset and try again when they SEE the different things they can learn, i can say that for a good reason, my little brother plays this game also (not posting ages here sorry), has taken him WELL over a year to get to lvl 49, and has learned spells i would not exactly call "useful" and haven't been to him much by the looks of it, seriously KI? he also will be in this bracket, this is what it sounds like in it's current state

you can't even respec till lvl 12, when the newer players get hit with the fees, it feels like this "here is the FEE for not knowing all the spells (or all available to balance since you can't see the whole list in WC, or death till later in WC), give me your lunch money kid! HAHA! be smarter next time!" lol

my death, only learned tower and stun block till i got to CL, well, would trade stun block for the new stun/critical block that stays for 4 rounds, but NOPE, got the ole' switcheroo didn't i? lol (still a good spell when needed though but would have waited for a LASTING stun block instead of a one hit wonder)

and we pay for the switcheroos and the old "now repeat" spells that have not been revamped KI? seriously? ya right...

if anyone else has something to add, please do, don't be afraid to say something about this madness

ty Mordikay for starting an EXTREAMLY USEFUL post.

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Will you people please stop whining and complaining? KingsIsle will NOT be changing the Crowns cost ratio. If you get to level 12 and realize you've misspent, I believe it's FREE for those few Training Points. After that, it's your own fault if you make drastic errors.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I would still like to see some form of compromise, where we could buy back a few training points (maybe costing us more per point than if we respecced all of them at once)... It might even cause people to spend more crowns on respeccing, as they can regain 1, 5, 10 or all training points. Maybe even have a function for "Reset training points for all [school] spells".

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Johnist wrote:
Will you people please stop whining and complaining? KingsIsle will NOT be changing the Crowns cost ratio. If you get to level 12 and realize you've misspent, I believe it's FREE for those few Training Points. After that, it's your own fault if you make drastic errors.

Actually noone here is whining and it's every persons right to complain although this is not the case here.

This was a constructive thread with very reasonable views and suggestions and it doesn't need responses like this from people who clearly by thier answer have no even bothered to read what has been said.

And how do you know it will not be changed? The recent patch KI has changed a good deal of the things i have started threads on that players everywhere have widely agreed on. To give you examples i started up why the legendary gear is no auction no trade, why helping hands didn't rez and the issue with sand/sun stones.

Those were all changed and what i hope to belive is the result of players like myself voicing thier opinion that something needs to be changed in order for the game to be balanced, fair and enjoyable to play.

So currently i'm running two threads of things that are not any of those things. This one and "The basic realities of arena dueling (updated)" thread in the pvp section displaying the flaws of pvp and the huge advantage of going first.

I will not stop posting threads like this because people see it as whine threads when i know atleast my own threads provides correct data and resonable views. I'm very very happy that I am not the only one seeing these problems and that KI have reacted somewhat fast and changed a good deal of the issues already.

Ps. If you are going to leave trolling and rude remarks atleast bother to read the thread and also nothing about respeccing training points is free.

Pps. Ask yourself if you are willing to pay 88$ per wizard to respec every time new spells are added to the game.

Thank you ki for making the nice changes in the recent patch so far, now there are only a few things remaining like this one. And thank you to other people reading this and voicing thier opinion on it aswell.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2008
My opinion on this subject is simple , repects should not be crown shop or atleast be able to do via ingame .

seriously KI should definetly do something about this .

Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Mordikay wrote:
Johnist wrote:

Actually noone here is whining and it's every persons right to complain although this is not the case here.

This was a constructive thread with very reasonable views and suggestions and it doesn't need responses like this from people who clearly by thier answer have no even bothered to read what has been said.

And how do you know it will not be changed? The recent patch KI has changed a good deal of the things i have started threads on that players everywhere have widely agreed on. To give you examples i started up why the legendary gear is no auction no trade, why helping hands didn't rez and the issue with sand/sun stones.

Those were all changed and what i hope to belive is the result of players like myself voicing thier opinion that something needs to be changed in order for the game to be balanced, fair and enjoyable to play.

So currently i'm running two threads of things that are not any of those things. This one and "The basic realities of arena dueling (updated)" thread in the pvp section displaying the flaws of pvp and the huge advantage of going first.

I will not stop posting threads like this because people see it as whine threads when i know atleast my own threads provides correct data and resonable views. I'm very very happy that I am not the only one seeing these problems and that KI have reacted somewhat fast and changed a good deal of the issues already.

Ps. If you are going to leave trolling and rude remarks atleast bother to read the thread and also nothing about respeccing training points is free.

Pps. Ask yourself if you are willing to pay 88$ per wizard to respec every time new spells are added to the game.

Thank you ki for making the nice changes in the recent patch so far, now there are only a few things remaining like this one. And thank you to other people reading this and voicing thier opinion on it aswell.

I would bet it wouldn't be changed due to the fact that it would have those who HAVE bought their points back FUMING in anger over the fact it suddenly gets lowered. And yes, there were a few comments about how it should be a 'Free service' like other games have. Well, guess what, you choose to pay the price or you choose to delete the wizard and restart. It's not KingsIsle's fault that people are stupid and choose Life as a secondary for ice or what not.

It's not $88.00 / Wizard, it's $88.00 / account. Also, if I choose to spend Crowns to respec that is my choice to do so. And likely I won't need to spend $88.00 to respec 'every time new spells are added'. I'll only respec my favorite wizard if/when I need to, and I'll use the free crowns in Test realm to decide if its even worth doing when the spells come live.

While I wouldn't mind seeing the Max cost for TP reissuing capped, it's only reasonable that the more training points you get back the more it costs. I don't spend my TP lightly anymore. I learned my mistake on some of my wizards. It is each person's own responsibility to spend their training points wisely.

Explorer
Mar 22, 2009
Wow, i was really thinking of posting something like that! i never got to it but you pretty much cleared it up!

Defender
Feb 11, 2010
Again it has nothing to do with spending training points wisely or people being "stupid" as some have mentioned.

I don't know if some of you have trouble reading or what it is. Every wizard who spend his or her training point before CL does no longer have an optimal deck even if you got 6 new training points as tactics for how to play each school was revamped to such a big extend that "old" tactics are no longer optimal.

So at current rate each time new spells are added to the game any wizard who spend thier training point is likely to not have spend thier training points in an optimal way and would wish to respec.

This is not really a smart way to run a system and th fact that the crown prize is out of this world is 2ndary. The matter is that noone should have pay this prize in actuall money each time a new world or spells are added to the game.

And we all know there are 4 more worlds comming making this an even more pressing issue. Imagen lvl cap also being raised for each world which is a big probability so maybe each time a new world or spells come you will have to reroll your wizards and go from 1-100 again due to this system.