Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training points

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2019
Hi, I'm a level 40 myth/storm wizard, mostly solo player and I currently have 5 training points I'm not sure what to do with, my first thought was to continue with storm but I dont see myself using a 5 pop storm spell, then I thought life school for the Sprite and spirit armor but that seems like a waste of 3 points, any thoughts?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
gravanted on Jul 7, 2019 wrote:
Hi, I'm a level 40 myth/storm wizard, mostly solo player and I currently have 5 training points I'm not sure what to do with, my first thought was to continue with storm but I dont see myself using a 5 pop storm spell, then I thought life school for the Sprite and spirit armor but that seems like a waste of 3 points, any thoughts?
My myth wizards go for feint (death school) and then both spirit and elemental blades from Niles the Balance Tree. Sometimes they need to be hitting but when there are stronger damage-dealers I like to be able to give them great support with blades and feints. The stronger damage dealers are likely elemental, which is why I get those blades as well as spirit. It allows me a bit more versitility

I hope this helps

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
gravanted on Jul 7, 2019 wrote:
Definitely dont train storm with training points
training points should soley be used for utility spells and nothing else.
Examples
Ice to tower
Life to Satyr
Death to Feint
Sun Fist line
Sharpen
Potent trap

Perhaps focus on death to feint for now?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I'd stop with storm, and in fact if you have a chance, take advantage of the free respec event to get those points back. Off-school damage spells are not very effective at higher levels.

Beginning at level 50, you'll want to train astral spells from Sun and Star schools, so save points for that. If your primary school is Myth, You'll probably want Spirit Blade from Niles in Krok, and maybe Spirit trap. Life to Sprite can be handy as well. Beyond that, it's up to you and depends on playing style, but don't be in rush to burn points. They may come in handy later (Astral & shadow spells, dispels, etc)

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Highly advise you ditch the storm as a second school.

You won't need it.

Your primary school is fine and you just need to learn and utilize spells from across all schools to maximise its (primary school's) ability.

How will you do this?

By following a few of the tips left above.

Learn:

- Feint; Can be a really great and useful spell.
- Learn all damage enchanting spells such as Tough, Giant etc.
- Learn aura based spells such as Fortify or Amplify. More will show up as you continue questing.

Let us know should you've any further questions!

Thanks!

Community Leader
Hey Gravented, if you have reached Celestia, there is a side quest from a man named Ogden Peake who gives a few side quests with training points as rewards. All the spells everyone has posted before are probably the best spells to focus towards.

Feint is a spell everyone can use to raise their damage by 70%
Tower Shield can be a good option to train up to in Ice to resist damage of any school
The Astral Schools have their unique spells, enchants, auras, etc. in Celestia

If you have a life mastery, you may want to consider training up to Satyr in the life school for the high heals, but that is more of a preference spell choice.

Hope this helps!

WhiteTiger93: Youtuber and Streamer Here --- Content Creator for Arcanum Archives. Check us out here for guides and events!