Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Point Buyback Questions ...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Searching the Forums on this term basically answered all my questions on this topic ... but ... most of the posts are YEARS old and may not be true any longer. Please confirm the following assumptions ...

1.> For a little less than $5,000 crowns, all non-school spells are deleted from my spellbook and their corresponding training points are returned to me for re-training.

2.> If I want the off-school Ice spell Tower Shield, I must re-train all Ice spells that precede it ... AGAIN. Meaning the never used Frost Beetle, Snake, etc. etc. will STILL be in my Spellbook and will STILL clutter it up and will STILL force me to use training points to get to the Tower Shield.

3.> Unwanted primary school spells cannot be gotten rid of and do not return training points of any kind as they were free to begin with.

I am considering dropping the off-school Spirit Blade, Spirit Trap, and Power Play Spells and replacing them with new school spells from Celestia. Quality input from people who have done this would be greatly appreciated.

I am also NOT getting the Spirit Trap spells to stack in such a way as to generate the damage in the millions of points I have seen or heard about. Is it because this stacking only occurs with store bought Treasure cards and not with Treasure cards you make yourself?

Thanks.

Survivor
Apr 05, 2010
Well the big first question is: What school are you? Your school makes a big difference in how effective spirit blades and traps are to you. If you are life, spirit blade is still quite useful. I will say very few players, at least in the arena, use traps of any kind. They limit your damage boost to that opponent alone. It's also quite helpful to know how many training points you have available. Gargantuan is useful to every school, since it gives a free bonus to your attacks.

To answer your other questions: all your assumptions 1-3 are correct in regards to buying back training points and retraining. One point I will make is that it is 5,000 crowns and not $5,000 crowns, but I'm sure that is more of a typographical error. I believe for someone who has spent all training points available to a Grandmaster, the cost is actually a little above 5,000 crowns. Wait till you use up the 6 training points available to you from Celestia, the price rises to over 7000 crowns! If you hadn't noticed the price rises as you spend those training points :(

Now as to being able to put together those giant hits that you see on youtube, 'stackable' buffs of all forms are used to accomplish these, plus prisms to convert that attack and take advantage of further buffs. Setting it up is a tedious process and quite unreal to most wizards competing in the arena. All that said, a single school blade stacks with an EoB blade, the other booster pack blade, and regular treasure card blades. The same goes for spirit/elemental blades and traps. Hope all this helps.

Explorer
May 06, 2010
these assumptions are correct. A little angrily worded but correct.

Defender
Aug 08, 2010
Yes, if you buy back your training points, all spells that are not from your school will be removed.

You are required to learn all of the spells in order unfortunately. Otherwise, all wizards would pretty much have the same spells. Everyone would have all of the shields (incl tower), satyr, feint, triple blades, triple traps, etc etc Of course, with the use of treasure cards, this is already possible.

No, you currently cannot remove spells you know from appearing when stacking your deck. However, you can keep several decks in your pack and set them up for specific situations (facing same school, boss fight, cheat boss fight, PvP, etc) and then you won't have to worry about them any longer.

As far as not keeping the spirit blade, spirit trap, and power play spells - it really depends on your play style. The sun spell you learn to enhance damage is only 15% - significantly less than either the blade or trap. The damage boost (up through gargantuan) works in conjunction with blades and traps, so both are handy to have in my opinion. Especially when fighting bosses. At legendary, I don't trap in mob fights any longer, but I still use them in boss fights generally. You also get enough additional training points in Celestia to learn most of the new spells that you will need. Unless you're wanting to train from all three of the new schools.

As far as the traps, there's a certain order that can make a difference. The explanation is really too involved to be mixed in with my already long post. Also, enhancing a trap you have (with accuracy I'm guessing?) doesn't make it a unique trap. It has to be a different strength to be counted as unique. Although, there's really no need to boost damage into the millions (highly doubt that claim anyway) other than to make a youtube video.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The amount of Crowns you have to spend depends on the number of points and possibly your wizard's level. You must buy back all of the points; you can't buy back a fraction of them.

If you want a specific spell in the school's sequence (1, 5, 8, 10. 16, 22, 26, 33, 42), you have to train all of the spells that precede it in the sequence. Tower Shield, a level 16 Ice spell, will cost you a total of 5 training points.

Spells in your primary school can't be deleted or exchanged for training points. That's only fair, since you didn't spend training points to get them.

If you're a spirit school (Life, Myth, Death), you should re-train the Spirit Blade. The others are optional.

To get the mega damage, you have to use the school cards AND versions of the treasure cards. For example:

1) Three (primary school) Ice Traps from your spell deck won't stack; only one will trigger, because the others are the same type of card.

2) A Storm Trap from your school, a generic Storm Trap treasure card, a Storm Trap Bartleby treasure card, and the Storm Trap treasure card from Sokkwi's Necklace of Skies (amulet) will all stack, because the game considers them to be separate types of card.

To hit the mega damage, I believe that other wizards are needed, to put multiple cards from different amulets. I believe a critical is also helpful.

Defender
Sep 11, 2010
Thanks to all for their replies. You were all helpful and I am now armed with the data I need to make decisions.

Sorry if I sounded "angry" ... was unintentional.

The question was generated for a Death School wizard ... and I completely understand (now lol) the real-life futility of 20% Curses and most traps ... you seldom get that kind of time ... lol.

From Me And Mine To You And Yours - Best Wishes.