Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training Issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I was talking to the teachers of all of the schools and i realized something. I have two training points, am level 19, an yet, the only spell it will let me select is a low level spell. all the ones above it are grayed out and I cannot select them to learn.

I don't want to waste my training points on small spells that don't give much damage. I want to use them on the large ones, but from the way it is now it looks like i have to buy three small spells to get the one I want. Is there any way around this? Those training points are rather hard to get.

Our Players Guide says it all.

You will receive one training point every 4 levels till 20. This means you will receive them at level 4, 8, 12, 16 and 20. After level 20, you will receive one training point every 5 levels. You can also receive training points through certain quests. These training points can be used to learn spells from outside your school of focus. In order to learn higher level spells of a school, you have to first learn the lower level spells.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
huh. well, thanks for the info. what kind of quests do you have to do to get points?

Historian
May 15, 2009
all extra points are given by quests zeke gives u through out the spiral.
this is a list i know

wizard city- smiths
krokotopia- beatles
marleybone- cats
mooshu- blue oysters ( i think)
dragonspyre- stone roses
grizzleheim- yardbirds.
in total that is 6 extra training points.
if u use your points right you can get both secondary and thirdary schools.
, but after the release of celestia we will get a level cap raise to 60 so 2 more points which is eight so we can start on a forth school

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
alright. once you are the highest level you can be (50 i think) and you have received all of your training points, and done all of these quests, are you able to use them to buy all the spells available for both your first and secondary school? or does it all depend on which school you choose?

Historian
May 15, 2009
yes if you purchase a spell its yours to use when ever, but schools that are not your school of focus cant use power pips to count as two
say your storm and death.
you have 2 power pips you can use kraken but not vampire

and if you dont want to learn an entire school thats up to you.
personally for me i only learned life up to satyr and kept the rest.
now i learned myth up to minotaur
now i am saving all my extra points for the future 3 new secondary schools